November 26, 2014 | 952 users online

Toners - Green Tea Tea-Bag Toner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Deedee566

I'm a big tea fanatic! Lately i've been freezing it into green tea cubes, and rubbing my face with it before applying lotion/ foundation base and makeup. Really helps shrink my pores and smooth out my face. Also i think tea is quite beneficial to skin in other ways so its a win win situation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Crimarrianne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started using green tea for about 1 month now and basically that's because of weight loss. Yes! I knew Green tea is good for diet but not for skin. I hear some few thoughts here and there that green tea is good for skin. I'm confused so I did my own research and run test to prove it.

One word! Green tea is really amazing my skin is fairer and smooth. I'm always excited to come home to apply my green tea facial mask and feel the incredible results.

So folks if you happen to read this, don't hesitate. Green tea is amazing natural gift from above. Don't waste money to something that you are not sure of.

Great antioxidants, great for skin and weight loss..

Who wouldn't want those benefits in one natural product.

P.S. Dont forget to drink your teas!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by nerminhhabib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This natural remedy is probably the only toner that I can depend on for consistency in acheiving results. I try to steer clear of "supermarket" brands because I don't like them - even to drink and since I go to a specialist store for my green tea, it does get a bit expensive. My favortie method is to steep the green tea then freeze as ice cubes...makes my skin sing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Green tea has a multitude of skin care uses - great anti-oxidant benefits and mild astringency. Can help with swelling under eyes, (puffy eyes) and works well as a toner for certain skin types.

Cheap and easy to use at home.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't understand why so Many people dislike the taste of green tea I must be in the minority but I actually find the milky coloured subtly sweet planty taste refreshing and pleasant and the health benefits are endless as opposed to other teas we consume each day (I can't stand the taste of rooibos this takes front row seat I also like chai tea but green tea most definitely is my favorite of them all it is good for your health in so many different ways and the bonus is amazing for drinking internally and using topically it can be extracted and used in creams toners and cleansers and also used alone when I feel my skin is looking a bit lackluster and dull I take the tea bag whilst its still warm so my pores can open and lather it on as a mask and leave it on my face for a good twenty minutes you can leave it on longer I am left with beautiful radiant skin my pores look noticeably smaller love this organic treat and will continue to use for the rest of my life

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by stls

Once a week I make a cup of strong green tea with citrus, let it cool, put it in a small bottle and use it as a toner. Smells nicely and reduces the size of my pores and oiliness, also pimples seem to heal faster. The only con is that my skin feels a bit tight and uncomfortable if I don't apply moisturizer right away.
Overall, it's a keeper.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This... breaks me out? I've used various types of green tea from the bog-standard supermarket stuff to the high end organic brands, but for some reason they always cause my acne to flare up. I have no idea why this happens since I've never had a problem drinking it and the serum I use contains green tea without causing any adverse side effects so your guess is as good as mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by allnaturalforme

I've needed a toner that is natural, soothing, without alcohol or any other irritating ingredients and since there is no commercial toner like this for sale I have resorted to using green tea! It surprisingly is a very nice toner, it is calming and soothing on the skin and clears away any makeup residue. That being said it doesn't have anything else magical and its not like my skin has changed while using it, it is just a nice basic toner, so I gave it 4 lippies! Definitely better than anything you can buy in the stores.

Update Aug 2014: I am now using Amazonia Neroli Tonic Probiotic Vitamin Toner and absolutely love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by saramason111

As a 35 year old, I have been trying desperately to even out my skin tone and recapture that "glow" in my skin that is fading and doesn't appear unless I use a product with retinol in it. I am tired of using all these products and my skin has gotten irritated from it. I also don't like the hassle of wearing SPF 50 every morning since retinol and AHAs thin your skin and make it more sensitive, hence the need for a high SPF. I've realized that chemicals in sunscreens make my skin dull and lifeless. I read on Paula Begoun's website that antioxidants, although not a substitute for SPF, have proven to have sun protective qualities to it, strengthening the skin. Green tea has a "best" rating on her website as an antioxidant, and it's a common denominator in many of her skin care products.

I brewed 1/2 cup of green tea (used 2 tea bags) and let it steep maybe a little too long because I forgot about it. I had used green tea toner before but found it drying, so I added 1 tsp of vegetable glycerin to the mix and added it to a vial and put it in the fridge. I have used it only twice (once that night and again this morning), and I am very very pleased with the instantaneous results. I cleansed my skin as usual and then swiped an ample amount of the toner over my face (and even my eye area) and let it dry. After doing so this morning, I honestly debated as to whether or not I needed concealer and bb cream -- *because I didn't need it my skin was smooth and even*. I kept staring at myself in the mirror. I ended up just dabbing concealer with spf in it on some age spots to protect them, and decided to skip the spf 50 all over my face. I'm so glad that I added glycerin to the toner as I think this really adds a nice effect to my skin, as green tea can be drying. I can't wait to use daily and reap the rewards! Also as a side note -- my undereye bags went down considerably after using this twice. I let the cotton ball rest over each eye for about 20 seconds too. This helped a lot.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Victoria84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I made a concoction from organic white/green tea leaves that contained peach leaves in the cloth pouch..steeped double-strength..I also boiled several silkworm cocoons to try and extract some sericin. Finally I added three drops of organic sesame oil (I reviewed it on MUA as well). Once cooled in the fridge, when it is ready to use, I use this like Saeki's lotion mask technique instructs. Afterward I apply my Daiso Sleeping Pack(night)/Kiss Aqua BB Cream(day).

First impression: Once dry, my face felt smooth and looked bright/translucent for about an half hour :) That's fine by me if the glow fades, I more so care that is is preparing my skin for sleep/makeup or whatever. So long as it calms and nourishes my skin I am a happy camper.