April 16, 2014 | 1587 users online

Loose Powders - Alima - Satin Finishing Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OW! This literally hurts my face whenever I decide to be brave (or desperate) enough to use it! I think it's the mica. I've read how mica can tear your skin if its not ground finely. Not sure if this is the problem. I should probably just throw it in the trash… goodbye money…

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

This is a great finishing powder! I use this in Hanae. I use the tap, swirl and buff method of applying it and the powder is so fine that it goes on beautifully. It doesn't cake or cover up the make up that is below. I use this over bb cream and I love that I can still see the glow from the bb cream even with this powder on top.

Previously I was using Bare Minerals' Mineral Veil and Alima wins hands down. This powder is not cheap but you also get alot of product. The container was so full I could barely shake any powder out at first. No regrets getting this at all! Looking forward to trying more Alima products too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Great for an airbrushed look, but the key to this (and almost all of Alima's products) is that less is more--you don't need as much as you think you do. I wear Alima's foundation in W5 and use this powder in Ami. I have normal-to-oily skin and while this doesn't absorb oil as well as Meow's Top Cat, it's also not pure white and doesn't have boron nitride, which I've developed an allergy to. Very easy on the skin, and I love the twist caps on the jars now that allow you to always keep the powder intact and not spill all over the lid when you open it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Tiltyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was skeptical whether a finishing powder would do much, so I was surprised at how much difference it makes. I wear N1 in their foundation and use Yuki finishing powder over my foundation and blush. It's beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Manue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a nice finishing powder. I bought it in Keiko for my pale neutral skin colour. This powder is silky and gives a healthy-looking finish without feeling heavy. It still makes my skin look a bit dry at the end of the day though; I think powder is not for me.
Alima's products contain very few ingredients and never irritate my sensitive skin. The brand has a great rating on the Environmental Working Group's website (skin deep), which provides information on harsh chemicals to be avoided in makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I love the finishing powder over my foundation. I used this in Ami. It make the makeup look more soft and smooth with beautiful glow. Love it. If you have oily skin skip this finishing power due to it also give you that glowing look. It will work better on dry,normal to combination skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by chaifreak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Alima finishing powder is the perfect! Keiko is the right shade for my somewhat light, neutral toned skin. I like that this powder isn't shimmery or shiny, so it looks totally natural. It looks great over the foundation, and makes it last all day. I recommend it! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

This powder is maybe good for normal skin types, but it didn't made my skin matifyed... I have very oily acne-prone skin and this powder is a little "shiny" in it self...so it gave me a more oily look right from the start!

Won't buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 9:28:00 AM More reviews by rizlette

I have this in both Ami and Hanae and lately I've just been wearing this finishing powder by itself. I'm a low-key morning makeup girl so I just brush on the Hanae with the Foundation #25 brush, and sometimes a little Ami in certain spots, blend, a light coat of mascara, touch up the eyebrows and I'm out the door to work! I have oily skin and this helps control the shine throughout the day. I do love Alima's satin matte foundation as well tho, so when I want to look more polished I'll put some of that on as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2008 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

AIRBRUSH HEAVEN!!!

I was not a huge fan of Alima's old version of of Mineral Finishing Powder, but this Satin Finishing Powder ROCKS! It actually makes me look airbrushed. It is the final step in my perfected application: Apply three (3) foundation shades (no one's face is all one color and this is very quick and allows me to look really natural) with a slightly wet brush, complete all but my eye makeup, and then dust this stuff on and finish makeup and spritz with an atomizer! PERFECTION! I am ready for the stage and my makeup does NOT melt off or smear about when I get oily - a little patting here and there and I'm done! And this is so sheer that reapplication is not a problem - just be sure not to apply it too heavily! I wish I had taken a chance on their newer version ions ago - after all, I've been wearing their foundation longer than anyone else on the boards - lol :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No