December 21, 2014 | 1087 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by mariajolene

I love that physicians formula made an organic makeup line, but this product just doesn't work well with my skin. I have combination skin, but I'm slightly on the oily side. and this makeup just felt too oily on my skin after a little while. It wasn't too bad, I just had to blot more and add a bit more powder than normally, but I won't repurchase. However I would like to say that this product didn't break me out at all. And I have super sensitive acne prone skin, most makeup breaks me out. But I was able to go through the whole bottle with no issues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So this summer I've been all about tinted moisturizer. Infact, I haven't even worn foundation since May. I was using the PF CC cream, until I purchased this. The CC cream has great coverage and it makes the skin look amazing. I wanted to try the organic range though and this TM seemed to have decent reviews.

I have combo dry skin, even in the summer and I don't do powder, basically ever. I don't need high coverage and I love dewy, highlighted skin. This product allows for the dewy moisturized skin I want without the greasiness. The thing I have found a lot of that some times tinted moisturizers don't absorb even into dry skin, it will just coat the skin and be gross. This absorbed and while it looks dewy it didn't feel that way. To each skin type their own experience though. It's got a nice creamy slightly liquid texture, a light scent, it's a little bit like tanning lotion, but it has a bit of a herbal side. It doesn't linger though.

The coverage is light, as expected and it is ideal for me. I went out in 35 degree sun for the day and still looked good and didn't melt off. The only downside to this is that in Canada our sunscreen requirements differ from our friends in the south (USA) and my tint doesn't have any SPF. It's $16.99 as well. I got mine on sale for $11.99 though. I have heard rumor that it does contain sunscreen but its just not labelled on canadian products, but I personally doubt this. I emailed PF and they said there isn't any sunscreen in the ones that are not US. ehhh whatever the story, I will use mine happily and a separate sunscreen.

Overall, a super good product that you feel good about using on your skin. I appreciate the fact we have an accessible line good products that is made with out nasty chemicals. (not the entire line, but the organic wear)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Cheekbones

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a tinted moisturizer, this product is not designed for total coverage. It is designed to help even out skin tone and gives an opaque coverage. It is light and will not collect in wrinkles. Remember to shke well before using. If your skin is very dry, as mine is, you'll need to moisturize first. I also use a primer that helps reflect light and minimize the appearance of wrinkles. I like an organic product with sunscreen and light coverage that I can buy at the drug store.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by rebeccadi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

(copied from my light-natural review + updated)

I bought this today in my (thus far) never-ending quest for the right BB cream/tinted moisturizer.

I haven't actually put it on my face yet; my skin is still recovering from an unfortunate reaction with another product and I wanted to give it a bit of a breather.

That said, I did test it on the back of my hand and so far I'm very pleased with this tinted moisturizer. I absolutely love the way it feels on my skin (fingers crossed it feels just as nice on my face) and the smell! Goodness gracious I'm in heaven. I love herbally/earthy smells and lavender is amazing and relaxing and soothing for me. I bet I could take it out in my front yard and smell it and the lavender we have and smell no difference. It was quite strong at first- not that I minded- but the smell faded fairly quickly.. not more than the 10 minutes it took me to drive home from CVS.

Reading other reviews here, I was forwarned about the runny consistency and so that didn't cause too much of a problem.

The color was a bit too dark for my hand but I imagine it'll be fine on my face. I did notice some slight oxidation but nothing too dramatic.

I will definitely update this once my skin has calmed down and I can safely put it on my face.

UPDATE 3/16/14: The color I originally purchased was way too dark for my face (even for my summer skin) so I returned it. Went to Ulta and bought the lightest shade they had (fair-light). It looked like it was the right shade, just the wrong undertone. Waaaaaay too pink for me. :( Such a shame, because I really liked literally everything else about it. If there were more colors to choose from I would definitely repurchase but until that happens I'll have move on to something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by kate10662

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love tinted moisturizers because they're quick, easy and look natural. I'm trying to buy mostly natural products, so I decided to give organic wear a try. Previous to this I was using the CG TM/BB cream. This is decently moisturizing for my dry skin, and so I don't need to apply any moisturizer underneath it. As long as I apply a bit of powder to my t-zone, I don't find that this makes me too oily (it's definitely less oily than the CG one).The shade fair/light oxidizes to a peachy undertone that doesn't match my skin. This does set quickly, so I only apply it to one section of my face at a time. The lasting power is about the same as most tinted moisturizers and I find that this provides fairly light coverage. The smell doesn't really bother me since it goes away right away and isn't a bad smell to start with. It is very difficult to get the correct amount of product from the bottle, as it is very runny. Overall, I'm glad Physicians Formula is coming out with natural products, however the shade, blendability and packaging for this product is lacking.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I cant fairly rate this because I got the lightest color available and it was just way too dark and orange so I couldnt even use it....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a decent product if you want mild coverage and a natural look. I do happen to like the smell and ease of application of this product. I don't like the quick and dramatic oxidation (so purchase your shade lighter than normal to compensate for this) and I don't like the greasy look soon after application.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by michaelannek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The color of this wasn't right for me, and it made me break out. Sad because I like so many of their products...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by cecilelpham

This is my everyday HG product - it moisturizes, has SPF 15, and evens out my skin tone. I have Asian skin and "natural-tan" works great for me. It matches my tanned skin in the summer and also fits my paler skin during the winter. I have combination skin and it makes my skin a little oily, but in a good/natural way. However if you apply too much your face will become very greasy. I apply this very sparingly around my face using my fingers. Like most people said, it provides sheer coverage which is perfect for those who want a more natural look. It's very lightweight and feels like you're not wearing anything at all! This is good because it does not clog my pores or make blackheads noticeable. And unlike other TM's with SPF I've tried (and trust me I've experimented with a lot), this is the only one that does not break me out. It does tend to separate, but that can be remedied by giving it a shake before using it. Also there is a pinetree-like smell, but that doesn't bother me much because it goes away after you put it on. I'm a low maintenance person and I only use this on my face before going out. Overall if you want a light product to protect and even your skin tone, this is perfect for you!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by NotHerAgain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know why but I keep coming back to this stuff. I must be on drugs or demented or something. It doesn't do much as far as coverage, the color selection is awful, the smell is pretty funky, it burns a little, and it makes me super oily.
I'm a total granola girl and a sucker for advertising, so I want to indorse anything that's organic or packaged in a green hue, but this stuff sucks.