July 29, 2014 | 1922 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Super Shiny in NECTAR NUDE

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by lfantu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried the Very Berry lip gloss from Burt's Bees for the first time and I'm absolutely loving it. The lip gloss moisturizes and I already see a difference with my dry, crusty lips. It now looks plump and less chapped. I shouldn't judge much because I've only had it on once, but it is fantastic! And to keep in mind, my lips are very sensitive so I am grateful for this product. I had to wear this lip gloss from Ardene for almost a year now because its light and all the other lip products wouldn't cooperate since I was so used to that one. I'm hoping this lip gloss will change that because the Ardene one left glitter on my lips when the gloss is already off. It was gross. Overall, Burt's bees Very Berry lip shine is fabulous!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by toastedlembas

Bought this on a whim, because lip products are really easy to pick up like that when you're in the drugstore! It wasn't tooooo expensive and I thought it could be a good summery lip color for me.

The tube is sturdy, if a bit tacky-looking. I'm not worried about it exploding, which is good. Its firmness makes squeezing product out difficult, but I'll deal.

I like the smell of this, kind of grapefruit-y. I don't think it's that strong of a scent, but it does linger. The gloss is kind of gritty from the sparkles in it, I almost feel like it is supposed to be an exfoliant! This does go away as you wear, but it's still a little weird, and not something you expect from a lip gloss.

I find it a little sticky and not particularly long-lasting. Not super hydrating, but not drying either. The color is fine. This really is nude, though, and I don't love the look for myself. The sparkles make it look almost frosted, which is another look I don't like.

So: not terrible natural gloss with a nice scent and some sparkles. Personally, I'll buy another color of the new lip shine before I buy another tube of this.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by xxmakeuplover123xx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first bought this product a few years ago, on a whim while on line at the grocery store. I was disappointed by the texture, and ended up throwing it out. A few years later, I decided to try it again. I had heard some good things about it, and figured that maybe they had changed the formula or I had purchased an expired one.
Again, I was disappointed. The texture is really strange - it's grainy, and makes my lips look overly shiny. It also tastes awful and smells worse. Instead of spreading when I rub my lips together, the strange gooey white color clumps in one place. Overall, I would give it less than one star if I could. Horrible waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Eva32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipgloss! It gives your lips a shiny texture without going overboard. And best of all, it isn't sticky (there is nothing more annoying than sticky lipgloss). It smells delicious, too! The only downside is I don't find it particularly moisturizing, so my lips look a bit dry after it has worn off

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by CathleenM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this gloss as part of a holiday set. It tastes and smells delicious, I can't place the scent but it makes my mouth water every time. It's a little gritty on, because of all the shimmer I guess, which I don't really mind. But it's NOT very moisturizing and it doens't sink into your lips. I have a habit of slicking my lips all the time so I'm reapplying like every hour! Nice look, nice taste, not a great texture, I probably won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by MaeghanMakeupp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I wanted to use something natural. It tasted disgusting and smelled terrible. I also didn't think it moisturized well. Overall I was pretty disapointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by balletdancer923

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this lip gloss. It's 100% natural, so I don't feel like I'm putting chemicals on my lips, it smells good, tastes good and looks good! The gloss isn't SUPER glossy, it's a nice, natural gloss. =)
The only thing negative about this is that it feels a little gritty on my lips, but I guess that's just what you get for buying a 100% natural lip gloss. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by hayleysurley

what i liked about this product is that its light weight, less sticky than other brands, and for a natural product reasonably priced (around $12) i would of paid around $20. I wouldn't buy it again though because my boyfriend hates me wearing makeup so when I sparingly use it, it will last a year!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Citrusy, without a citrusy taste and provides a sheer nude, almost colourless tint to lips. Reasonably glossy and reasonable staying power. Also gives subtle light nudish shimmer and is one of the more shimmery of the 4 Super Shiny Glosses offered by Burt's Bees. Also, it provided decent moisturising for my dry lips and can be worn over lipstick. It would be better if it was more glossy, with more colour and more glittery but that's my personal taste. Overall though, I liked this 100% natural lip gloss and plan to buy the Pucker Berry one next.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

This is a funny product because it is exactly what it claims, and yet I don't love it. I do like it, but it's definitely not love!

From the packaging: "Moisturizes likes a balm, with a juicy fruit flavor and a sheer color gloss."

That is exactly true! It smells really fresh with a grapefruit scent, shines nicely (shimmery, not glittery), and moisturizes like a balm (quite well, in fact). It is a nude color, so cancels out my lip color a little bit, but doesn't give me corpse lips.

However, the shimmer makes it a little gritty - not in an "I'm exfoliating my lips with this gloss" way, but you can feel the suspended mica particles, or shimmer. Also, my packaging split open at the top where it is sealed, hence only 4 lippies for the packaging. The applicator is slanted, though, which is nice.

All in all, not a bad natural product, and I might buy this again.