October 30, 2014 | 1667 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - conair infiniti wet/dry straightening hot air styler

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by robinia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product worked really well for my hair. My hair is chin length, thick, coarse, colored, and wavy and frizzes in humidity. The packaging on the newer model advices that it's only for short to shoulder length hair. I used it on dry hair that had reverted to wavy overnight. In 10 minutes, my hair was sleek and straight. I paid $25 at a Ross's for this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised at the poor reviews. I love this little beauty. I would say it's not for those with very thick hair. My hair is a fine, wavy, chin-length bob which tends to fizz badly.

I've had my unit for about a year and I love how it works. It has a flocked comb and a tension adjuster to guide how easily your hair slips through the comb. This is a boon for fine textured hair which can be hard to manage and get a grip on. It has a low/high setting with hot air, and a cool air setting to set your style.

What I adore about this item is that I can do it all at once - style, dry, and flat ironing are all accomplished with one tool. Even my FHI blow dryer that I spent almost $200 bucks on doesn't get my hair as sleek and shiny and swingy as this little beauty. In fact, my FHI frizzes my hair out terribly.

I towel dry my hair and make sure it isn't too damp. I always use some product in my hair and then I do a section at a time, passing the unit through several times until the section is sleek and dry. This unit can get the hair as hot as a flat iron does and sometimes I use a heat glove on my free hand as I style.

I like to sport a nice sleek bob and this unit is PERFECT for styling it - I've posted a picture here and in my profile of the results I can get using this unit to style my hair. I can also do a great flip when I want to, or focus body on a certain section. This is also a really great travel tool, for overnights or longer - I can easily restyle dry hair and go from bedhead to beauty, quickly restyle and add body before going out, and not have to pack the flat iron, blow dryer, brushes, etc.

I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by mliz79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the crapiest device I ever used on my hair! I was sure that I was doing complete damage on my hair as I was using it. I used it on damp hair (applied some thermal protection serum just in case!) and all I heard was a crackling sound as it glided my hair. I had to glide this thing on my hair over ten times to get a dry, straight result. I am a latina with below the waist curly thick hair. When it air dries, it looks just like Diana Ross' hair OMG! I usually have it sleek by using a blow dryer which gives me magnificent results. I last an hour an a half drying it but the results gives me an asian straight style. With conair's wet dry iron, I would have lasted three hours or more on my hair! I only used it on a section. I noticed that the result were: straight, yet frizzy on the ends, dry looking hair, I immediately unplugged the machine and went back to the blow dryer. I was extremely disappointed. Good thing I bought it at RiteAid and got my money back! Peice of crap does not work!, at least not on me. I've read some reviews mostly of caucasian women getting good results. I'm not sure if it's good enough for ethnic hair but I wouldn't recommend buying it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

They keep updating the design..........I have owned two versions: the original, a larger version of the newest 208R2P and this version. Can't remember/find specs on original but bought in 2006 from Walgreen's for $60, the power was strong, the attachment changed angles and there was a cool option, hell maybe it was just a shot.

Me: long, huge mass of tiny, corkscrew curls and used this for blowouts and fast drying/detangling. It was heavy, and felt like it took a long time but can't say if that was the power or my hatred of hair drying. The comb created less straightening then soft poof which was okay for me but still....And it was aggressive and accumulated buildup quickly. It was easy to rip out a ton of hair trying in vain to get it straight. I gave it away when I cut off all my hair in 2007.

In 2008 I got this one $40-60, almost same but much lighter, soooo much easier to manage, has a cool switch, and an 8ftish cord, but noticed the wattage wasn't there. And though I didn't abuse the rotating/removable attachment feature before, I didn't like that this design wasn't flexible. I just used it for last time an hour ago, and I'm through.

Almost no power, and I ripped out a bunch of hair trying to straighten as fast as possible because it was taking so long to dry. Would not buy again, it's LOUD too. The new one could be promising, but I may as well get something with a lot of watts, cool switch and finally master drying with a separate brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by helster83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just wanted to say that this product sucks.

I don't know about most people, but I happen to have thick hair. I have gone through two of these hairdryers and after one or two uses, you can tell that they become very low powered. I think it happens because it overheats due to some hairs getting stuck inside of it, and it's obviously a flaw of the manufacturer's design.

Like I said, I went through two. I returned the first one after noticing a burning smell, and noting that it became half as powered as it used to be the first time I used it. I returned it and got another one (and regret not returning it immediately upon noticing it again).

Anyway, last night, I went to turn use it to dry my hair and it completely crapped out. It's dead and not coming back. Over the past six months of owning it, I must of used it 5-6 times.

Maybe if you have very thin hair, you might not have this problem. If you have medium to thick hair, buy one of the cheaper conair dryers with the attachable combs/etc. It'll comb/ straighten your hair. If you really want to have that straightened look, just go with a separate straightener.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

Let me start by describing my hair. When I leave it alone, it is straightish/slightly wavy at the top and ringlets at the bottom. You'd swear it was 100% curly hair. However, it behaves more like wavy hair. If I brush it, it flattens out to beachy waves (when it's being nice). My hair is medium thickness and it is generally pretty obedient and unfussy. However, in order to get my hair to behave down I have to have time in the morning to shower and get it wet. As a college student I need to be up fairly early for class and don't have time to be spending an hour in the morning doing my hair. I can't sleep on wet hair either, so I'm pretty much stuck showering in the afternoon, which is a pain. I am also blowdryer and round brush stupid. No matter how much I try, I end up spending over an hour to look like a deformed poodle. Not a good look. I was hesitant to spend so much on something with such mixed reviews, but I saw it for $37 at Walmart and decided to go for it. I stuck my head under the faucet and got my hair damp to try this. In five minutes, without doing it in chunks or separating a few layers, I had really lovely soft waves. The next time I washed my hair I tried again with wet hair, separating it into 2 layers and doing small pieces. My hair was bouncy and mostly straight and looked almost as good as at the salon! This thing DOES require two hands. The so called tension is pretty ineffective. You kind of have to feed your hair into the thing and hold the end. But seriously, this is about as easy as combing your hair. I don't think this would work on very curly or thick hair though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by thiscouldbeyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this product and was really dissapointed. In my case, it was the equivalent of running a comb through my hair - it did nothing whatsoever.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 2:15:00 AM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product isn't for people with very thick hair. It didn't straighten it just gave me a poof ball of hair. It's a good idea and I really wanted it to work, but it didn't....not for me that is. I can definitely see how this might work for a person with wavy/silky hair, but not for someone with really thick hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2008 More reviews by rinnieover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this straightener. It's very easy to use, which is important to me; I'm mildly retarded when it comes to using a blow dryer, and too impatient to use a flat-iron. I've been using this for a long while. Not sure quite how long, over a year and a half, near when the thing first came out. I towel my hair semi-dry and then let it dry naturally before using this.
Pros:
-straightens hair fast (crazy fast- five minutes leaves it smooth and twenty has it flawless)
-very easy to use
-can be done with one hand
-no frizz whatsoever (and I usually have extremely frizzy hair)
-great for flipping hair at the ends

Cons:
-if not used with a shine serum, this leaves hair somewhat dull
-heats up as hot and fast as a hooker
-curls back after awhile- the 'cool' setting is actually pretty warm (I set it with a regular dryer instead, and it stays well enough)
-not so good for bangs
-overheats easily (I'm on my third. It tends to overheat and break if in use for over thirty minutes. I've since found that removing all hairs from the teeth every five minutes and stopping to let the device cool off for awhile after every fifteen prevents the overheating)

I obviously would buy this product again, as I have twice already. I couldn't live without it, and it is absolutely fantastic for quick, pretty styling. I highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jessicaho

I don't think we're all talking about the same thing in terms of this new-fangled Conair wet/dry Tourmaline styler. There are two, one shaped like really fat brush and one shaped like a blow-dryer. I have the brush type.

I really like the concept...but...
- It pulls on my hair really badly, even at the lowest tension
- So much for saying one-hand only...I still need two
- My hair is generally very smooth and this takes me to frizz city
- The straightening plates are...not so hot...in both ways.

I think I'm bringing this back to the store. My old Conair dryer and straightener work okay, and despite them being a couple years older in technology, they don't make my hair frizz up. Too bad, I really wanted to like this thing.