The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Bath & Shower Gel

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I didn't like this. It didn't lather very well, meaning I had to use a lot more than a regular shower gel, and I felt the scent of this was really artificial too. I'm not normally a massive fan of floral scented shower gels, but in the bottle this didn't seem to be overly flowery. Sadly, that didn't transfer once in the shower and I found it to smell not only VERY florally but also a bit like plastic too. This certainly isn't the quality I've come to expect from TBS and I won't be tempted to repurchase this in the future.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Updated 13 Jan 2015

I recently realized how products from the same range will not smell the same, for example hand cream may be stronger while shower gel is milder in scent or the other way around.

This relates to the Body Shop's Japanese Cherry Blossom range of products: I have tried the hand cream, body mist and EDT, loved those! So I was excited to give the shower gel a go, hoping it smelled as amazing as the other products. This is my first time using a shower gel with perfume scent in it.

When I lathered and smelled it, it smelt so different from the other products I used, it did not have the scent I was so accustomed to. It actually smelt horrible, fishy and alcohol-ly. I thought it was expired and asked my sister to smell it. She said it smelt like my everyday EDT so I was like "Okay....am I a weirdo?". After the next few uses the scent was not so bad, I could smell a small hint of my fave scent in it but barely.

I think the main difference between this and the others is that, the body mist, EDT and hand cream's scent tappers off after awhile from the strong floral scent to more relaxed sweet floral scent that is easier to like. I think shower gels that carry perfume oil like this one are different from the usually ones.It does not moisturize and refresh like it says on the bottle sadly. I will just stick to my honeymania shower gel next time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Fairly nice smell. It doesn't last and isn't strong. Leaves skin smooth but isn't in the same league as Molton Brown gels as this doesn't condition the skin. Very slightly drying on me. The cap is a PITA. I have to open it with my teeth! Lathers nicely.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

It is a good shower gel. Nothing chemically offensive. The smell is good but does not last. So I don't have a reason to repurchase.

I use shower gel for my hair so it has to have some kind of nice smell that lingers a little.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I bought a little travel sized bottle of this online, so I hadn't smelt it beforehand. The scent isn't offensive, but it seemed kind of synthetic to me, not really what I expected. Luckily it didn't linger on the skin for long, and I used the whole thing, but I wouldn't repurchase.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Actually this shower gel was given by my friend, and im not really the fan of the body shop shower gels.i only use it for the part of layering:)
This shower gel smells nice, but a little bit different with the puree. Leaving my skin smells great but not overpowering.
The texture, as the bottle says it is a shower gel. For me, it doesnt dry my skin and it doesnt moisturize my skin either, but it leaves a smooth feeling afterwards on my skin:)

The scent is not strong and overall not my favorite out of the range. I do love the smell but only if it was stronger and longer lasting I would re-purchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Overall

Love the scent, but it isn't a really strong one. It foams nicely but isn't very cleansing. Still very nice to use under the shower.

Price

Have no idea. I got it as a gift along with the perfume form the same line.

Packaging

Please, someone shoot the one who designed the cap. Every time I have to break my nails to open the dumb cap!

Would I buy this again?

Nope, it's just a shower gel...It isn't very important for me, but occasionally it is nice to get a fancy gel as a gift.

yeah it's pretty nice just lovely smell. Not really cleansing but still very nice in the shower

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think the new Japanese Cherry Blossom line at TBS smells great. So far I only own the shower gel, but I intend to go back and buy the body lotion and the perfume too. It's a body wash so I don't expect the scent to linger on me (and it doesn't), and it is a light scent that would probably appeal to most. It will be a good scent to wear during the upcoming spring days.