December 21, 2014 | 1727 users online

Gels/Soaps - The Body Shop - Japanese Cherry Blossom Bath & Shower Gel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently realized how products from the same range will not smell the same, for example hand cream may be stronger while shower gel is milder in scent or the other way around.

This relates to the Body Shop's Japanese Cherry Blossom range of products: I have tried the hand cream, body mist and EDT, loved those! So I was excited to give the shower gel a go, hoping it smelled as amazing as the other products. This is my first time using a shower gel with perfume scent in it.

When I lathered and smelled it, it smelt so different from the other products I used, it did not have the scent I was some accustomed to. It actually smelt horrible, fishy and alcohol-ly. I thought it was expired and asked my sister to smell it. She said it smelt like my everyday EDT so I was like "Okay....am I a weirdo?". After the next few uses the scent was not so bad, I could smell a small hint of my fave scent in it but barely. I think shower gels that carry perfume oil like this one are different form the usually ones. I will just stick to my honeymania shower gel next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by mellouise

Fairly nice smell. It doesn't last and isn't strong. Leaves skin smooth but isn't in the same league as Molton Brown gels as this doesn't condition the skin. Very slightly drying on me. The cap is a PITA. I have to open it with my teeth! Lathers nicely.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

It is a good shower gel. Nothing chemically offensive. The smell is good but does not last. So I don't have a reason to repurchase.

I use shower gel for my hair so it has to have some kind of nice smell that lingers a little.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a little travel sized bottle of this online, so I hadn't smelt it beforehand. The scent isn't offensive, but it seemed kind of synthetic to me, not really what I expected. Luckily it didn't linger on the skin for long, and I used the whole thing, but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Feliciatjkr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Actually this shower gel was given by my friend, and im not really the fan of the body shop shower gels.i only use it for the part of layering:)
This shower gel smells nice, but a little bit different with the puree. Leaving my skin smells great but not overpowering.
The texture, as the bottle says it is a shower gel. For me, it doesnt dry my skin and it doesnt moisturize my skin either, but it leaves a smooth feeling afterwards on my skin:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by GyaruNeko

The scent is not strong and overall not my favorite out of the range. I do love the smell but only if it was stronger and longer lasting I would re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Hikari

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Overall

Love the scent, but it isn't a really strong one. It foams nicely but isn't very cleansing. Still very nice to use under the shower.

Price

Have no idea. I got it as a gift along with the perfume form the same line.

Packaging

Please, someone shoot the one who designed the cap. Every time I have to break my nails to open the dumb cap!

Would I buy this again?

Nope, it's just a shower gel...It isn't very important for me, but occasionally it is nice to get a fancy gel as a gift.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by girlputsonblush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

yeah it's pretty nice just lovely smell. Not really cleansing but still very nice in the shower

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by renee2424

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think the new Japanese Cherry Blossom line at TBS smells great. So far I only own the shower gel, but I intend to go back and buy the body lotion and the perfume too. It's a body wash so I don't expect the scent to linger on me (and it doesn't), and it is a light scent that would probably appeal to most. It will be a good scent to wear during the upcoming spring days.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2008 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Keeshond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I feel like I wasted my money on this one :( I can hardly smell anything at all in my shower unless it's right under my nose! In the store it had a scent...and it was average, but I bought it anyway b/c every cherry blossom scent I find seems pleasant to me. This isn't unpleasant, it's just very hard to smell, and what you can smell is just a generic floral scent (nothing at all specific that would define it as a cherry blossom). Not old-lady floral, just very blah. Most of the time I find scents to be overpowering, in case anyone thinks I like strong scents (and I also know that this does not claim to keep its scent after your shower). Others may think it's not as faint as I think it is, and I do suggest giving it a try! EDIT: I stopped using this in the shower and started using it as hand soap - the smell makes me sick! Like "old lady" perfume...rosey and powderish.