October 20, 2014 | 2118 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - Colorstay Liquid Liner - Black Shimmer

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by whyilovemakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Brush is nice, very black and goes on smoothly but sometimes I tear up cause its cold, its winter here and the eyeliner jusy smudges. I recommend to set it with black eyeshadow on top. if it didnt smudge or came with a waterproof version I would really like it

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by laurenmn

Regret this purchase. Doesn't go on well, smears, smudges, color fades and not worth the price. Get Prestige instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by jnn78

I use this eyeliner everyday on my top lashline. It is so easy to apply, cheap, and lasts a long time. I use the "very black" color and I love it. I've used the Covergirl line exact liquid eyeliner before, and it runs out in a matter of a couple weeks. This is an awesome replacement for that because it comes in a container that you can dip the applicator into. The applicator is a felt tip so it does not move around when you are putting it on. It stays in one place so you get a perfect line. This also stays on all day! awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by kereo

Love this liner. Application is super easy, and it's perfect for doing the winged eye/cat's eye look. It stays on all day without smudging, although sometimes it fades a tiny bit at the outer corners of my eyes, when I do a winged eye. However, applying it on top of a pencil line helps the staying power improve.

Packaging is great, love the tiny wand tip applicator. Have never had any problems with the fluid leaking or anything. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2009 4:57:00 AM More reviews by sugarhype10

This is my favorite liquid liner: it's easy to apply; it lasts without smudging, fading, or creasing; and I love the shimmer! I always use this eyeliner whenever I go for a night out. I layer this over my pencil line because I read about that trick once in a magazine and have been doing it ever since. If I apply the eyeliner alone, it does smudge just a bit after several hours because my lids get oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 6:23:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

my favorite liner! ive been doing no eyeshadow with dramatic winged out liner and bright cheeks lately. I love this stuff for a winged eye. It makes it so easy. i like how this wears. It stays true to color all day without fading. It will smudge when my face gets oily and i rub my face. this liner is the best. its so easy to use for those of you without good liquid lining skills. also you dont need to purchase a separate brush like you would with a gel liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by loveandkiwi

not very impressed with this product. i originally wanted to get the black one but they sold out in walmart so i was forced to buy it in this colour. i've been using it for a month now and i'm not loving it. it does smudge for me and creases after several hours and also fades. i wish this eyeliner would work for me but it didn't...=(

*EDIT*: So I gave this liquid liner a few more tries and applied less on my upper lash line and i LOVE IT!! I guess I was putting too thick of a line when I used this before. But I applied a thinner line with UDPP as a base, this liner did not smudge or fade:) very impressed! I wish it would dry a bit faster though!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by bwonggg

I've heard a lot of good reviews on the colourstay liquid liner in black or blackbrown, so i decided to when it was on sale. I decided to get black shimmer instead, thinking it was just black with sparkles.
When i tried it on when i got home, i noticed it was more like grey shimmer? i dont know if it's just me or is it not black enough? Also, it comes off really easily with water and is kind of smudgy. I never tried any other colour, but i believe it's just the black shimmer that isnt as good. i'd say stick with black or brown!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by lsoorani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wear this eyeliner everyday and am a big fan. It is VERY easy to apply and doesn't skip like the prestige liquid eyeliner. One warning, this is by no means waterproof and can smudge if you aren't careful or rub at your eyes. I might not recommend this to someone that doesn't tend to their makeup throughout the day. Other than that, it looks beautiful and works really well for cat eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Mrs_Brightside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this eyeliner because I wanted to see if I could find something that works as well as my Lancome Artliner for less money, since I don't wear eyeliner often. Well, yeah . . . no! It applies nicely. The wand is easy to control and doesn't become overburdened by product, but it is by no means colorstay. It smudged very easily. I mean if I sneezed and my eyes watered, not terribly, it would end up all over the place. While I didn't expect it to waterproof, since colorstay is part of the name I did expect it to tolerate a modicum of moisture and stay put. It also made my eyes burn, though I never used it on the inside rim of the eyelid or otherwise inside the eye. I do wear contacts, don't know if that's part of the problem. Off to buy my Lancome Artliner, or whatever it is they are selling these days.