April 19, 2014 | 851 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Wild Shine Lip Lacquer in Rapture

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must have gotten a bum product. This looks like you have a fruit punch ring around your mouth. The flimsy packaging means that if it makes contact with anything like a counter or sink the lipstick breaks off. It even tears while applying. Worst lipstick purchase I ever made.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by staraxtine

I love love LOVE this lip lacquer. It's the perfect shade for me. I have dark brown hair, light to medium skin, big eyes & lips. Grade A quality product -except- for the packaging. They need to PLEASE make it to were the lip stuff goes all the way down. There is a great amount of it for sure, but the tube need to go higher so we don't damage it so easily!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really great brick red/brown shade. The formula is smooth and moisturizing. There is great shine too. The color is not too opaque but not sheer either. I guess the texture gave this l/s that quality. I hate the packaging though. I really hate clear caps on l/s and the product does not go all the way back down after use so there is a likelihood of nicking and damaging the product as well as messing up the clear cover.

The packing is cheap and kind of embarrassing. I dont think I've ever left home with it.

But the formula and color is nice given the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by admilly101

I FRICKEN LOVE THIS STUFF! I got it in a different shade, but its so beautiful and just looks so natural on my lips. Its PERFECT for everyday. My lips just look so nice and glossy, but also like a lip stick. The ONLY problem I have with it is that the second time using it, the tip broke off :/

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by espri

Dirt cheap! I seriously got this for 93 cent at Walmart, and it wasn't on sale! I wasn't sure about the color at first on me...it's a pretty color in the tube, but we all know that doesn't always work on all skin tones. After applying it, I like it a lot!

Pros:
-nice color
-CHEAP but good quality
-rich, smooth and creamy formula
-great color payout
-feels moisturizing

Cons:
-packaging is pretty but crappy, it seems like it'd be easy to break the lipstick on the cap

I plan on buying more colors when I find them!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never tried WnW lipsticks until recently (I'm more of a lip gloss girl), but I have to say I'm really impressed. Rapture is a lovely, muted, slightly berry-ish red. The texture is very soft and creamy. The lasting power is average - it definitely won't last through dinner or anything, but it doesn't claim to either, and for $3 I don't mind reapplying.

The only complaint I have about this is that the packaging is awful. The first time I opened it I nicked the lipstick with the cap, and since the lipstick is so soft, I imagine it'd be very easy to break.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have little to add, except that this is beautiful on my lips (NW20, BB sand/warm sand). On me, it's a pretty berryish neutral that's not too red. It leave a bit of a stain, after a long stay. No shimmer. Love that! Amazing for $2.99. Packaging stinks. I haven't had the lid fall off, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by judysmath

This is my first color from the Wild Shine line and I'm really impressed with the color and the smooth creamy nature of rhe lipstick. What a great formula for so little money! Rapture is the perfect spring color for me and it leaves my lips soft and hydrated and feeling rick. I now want to check out the other colors in the line. They're so cheap, I might as well experiment. I only gave this one lippie for packaging. As others have stated, the lipstick breaks easily. Mine broke as I was pulling off the cap for the very first time. I had to shove the lipstick back in the tube and it is precariously sitting there and I'm waiting for it to topple off the next time I use it. Other than that, this stuff is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sumansaran

To put it simply, I really love these Wild Shine Lip Laquers. Rapture is a beautiful, easy, soft berryish red that works well with my tan/yellow complexion. But besides the shade (because I love a few others in this line even more), it's the formula of this lipstick that gets me. It goes on silky smooth and just a tad creamy - enough to leave a stain later, and doesn't slip off immediately. Actually feels moisturizing, and never leaves my already dry lips drier. Also love the slim design. I gave it a 2 for packaging because for $2, you can't expect much, but as other reviewers have noted, the tube doesn't wind down all the way and it is easy to hit the cap and break it - it also breaks easily when dropped (which just happened to me). But a great, cheap staple to keep. I would definitely repurchase, and already have it in Flirtatious as well. Plan to get Fetish and Risque as well. Much better than the new Mega Last Lip Color they introduced.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! I'm impressed! This is a great berry red that works well with my fair complexion and silver-gray hair. I asked on the MU board for some recs for red lippies, as so many that I've tried seem too harsh for me. The suggestions that made the most sense seemed to be "go with a sheer one" and "try a berry red" (specifically MAC's Ruby Woo, which I will try next). I bought this cheapie Wetn'Wild one today to see how I actually like a berry red, and it's great stuff. It's creamy and ever so slightly shiny, richly saturated color yet sheer, not matte & thick. And it's not an *odd* color - it looks elegant. And my teeth don't look yellow. A winner all around. :)