November 21, 2014 | 1709 users online

Lip Treatments - Yu-Be Lip Therapy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a lip balm addict and I love the smooth, rich texture of Yu-Be. It's not too waxy, not too greasy, and feels very hydrating with the right amount of cling. Basically it's a classic, moisturizing lip balm with a great skin feel. It is camphorated so if you don't like the cool, medicinal smell of camphor, skip it. Otherwise this is an excellent lip balm with a luxurious feeling formula. At only $5 a tube it's a great value-- too bad you can only get it at Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Martiangirlfriend

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is pretty rad. I have, and always have had, exceptionally dry/flakey/cracked/chapped lips. I've gone through a lot of balms and chapstick with little success. However this made them delightfully soft just minutes after the first application. It's awesome! The smell and texture were a little off-putting at first - it's quite tacky or stiff almost when you apply it. However it did absorb well quite fast, and the smell goes away fast too. I only got a sample, but I believe the product itself is quite expensive. At the moment I'm thinking it might be worth it though.. I also enjoy the fact it's from Japan (=^ェ^=)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by deadscream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Best. Lip Balm. Ever. I bought the Yu-Be set from Sephora for my mom because she has cracked fingertips. I have super chapped, cracked, and peeling lips and I applied the lip balm and my lips were pretty moisturized the whole day. I didn't re-apply because I forget to do that. I was just amazed that my lips weren't cracking when I got home. Amazing stuff definitely.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by kookykabooky

So many better lip balms on the market. I have been using this daily for over a month. I suffer from dry chapped lips so I was hoping that this would be the answer to that, but it does not work. It does not last long on the lips at all. It is not pleasant smelling either, which I was willing to overlook as long as it was moisturizing and long lasting, but it is not. Will keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so used to $10+ lip balms that I think this is cheap at $5 in the U.S. Love the smell, feel, texture. Much better than Dr. Haushka lip balm, which is now ridiculously pricey, and not as good as I used to think. Works well under lipstick or over dried-out lip color. I use it for night when I'm traveling, but it's definitely not an overnight treatment. There are heavier creams for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by g60girl

Ok, I adore this product! I think I am on my 6th tube. I keep them in my bathroom, at work, in my purse, etc.
I actually like the medicated scent, it is very moisturizing, and long lasting. I buy it at Beauty First for aound $5.
Update 3/09 - still LOVING this stuff! They closed the Beauty First near me so I just ordered 4 tubes from Sephora. Good stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is very moisturizing and softening, and it can heal the dryness. the smell fades really quick so it doen't bother me. will repurchase. I think it cost around $5 at sephora.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 12:03:00 AM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yu-Be Lip Therapy. Original Japanese Formula.

Complete list of ingredients: Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cera alba (Beeswax), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Camphor, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera), Eupatorium Rebaudianum Bertoni (Stevia) Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary Leaf Extract).

Pros: Cheap. $5 USA. Feels good. Looks fine. Good packaging. Nice under lipgloss or lipstick or used alone. Good for right before bed. I wouldn't be super upset if I lost it b/c it's affordable. Good moisture.

Cons: Not the best smell. Kind of medicinal smelling. I think that's the camphor. But, it is not drying at all. So, if the smell is the only downside, and it fades away fairly quickly, then I'm ok with it.

Update: I have decided to take this to 4 lippies. The reasons being that it's still $5....but, Aveda Lipsaver is way better. Ceralip from La Roche Posay is no good. Dr.Hauschka is over priced, but nice for night-time b/c it does not have any SPF. I still do not like Burt's Bees. So, the Yu-Be is fine. Nothing super special, though. Probably not worth 5 lippies. I'll give it 4.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by crybaby

I received a free full-sized tube at a trade show, and so far I'm liking it. My lips are extremely chapped and I felt instant relief after application. The scent is VERY medicinal (like Vicks) upon first application because it's camphor enriched, but the smell fades after a while. It comes in a chapstick style tube so it's easy to carry around and apply. It goes on silky smooth and doesn't get very tacky over time, which is a big peeve of mine when it comes to lip products. It also leaves a nice shine.
It's a new product based on a "best-selling" Japanese cream with the same name. Apparently the cream is so popular because of it's high glycerin content, but the lip therapy doesn't have ANY glycerin in it! What? I don't get it. In any case, my lips feel nice and it's all-natural (just camphor, vitamin E, various oils, plant extracts, aloe, and beeswax). Downside, it's stinky, it's kinda pricey for lip balm and there's no SPF.