July 31, 2014 | 990 users online

Hair Styling Tools - HAI Elite Digistik Flat iron

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by LipstickStar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OK, I LOVE THIS HAIR STRAIGHTNER!!! Awhile ago I agrily posted about the CHI (piece of junk for over $100!). Anyway all is good now, I purchased the HAI ELITE DIGIstik. It still works as great as when I first purchased it. It also came with a heat-resistance bag, which is great too! 5 lippies on this one!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by westwoodbarbie

This is by far the best flat iron I have ever used and I don't think I'll ever be able to use another. It's absolutely amazing in every way - heats up in seconds! I usually use a lower heat setting but the fact that it can go so high is so convenient for when I'm running late.

With a little practice, flips and twists come out very well - I've even curled my hair with it and it looks great! One thing I really recommend, for days when I straighten my hair I like to start it with a deep conditioner since they'll be flat anyway. I used the Nexxus Emergencee in the shower and then used the Digistik to go out that evening. My hair was so soft I couldn't stop touching it! In general, the Digistik leaves my hair so soft and shiny!

I absolutely can't say enough great things about this flat iron - it's hands-down one of the best investments in beauty products I've ever made!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by shelby101

I think the Hai Elite Digistik is probably the best flat iron I've ever owned. Before this, I had the 1" Solia, and it was really easy to use and got hot quick and straightened really good... but the Hai is by far a better flat iron, because it doesn't just make your hair straight. It changes the TEXTURE of your hair, and it lasts for days. It makes my hair so smooth and silky, as opposed to my hair's normal state - frizzy and poofy and dry. In fact, the only time I see my hair's "real" texture now is in the 5 minutes after I've blow dried my hair but before i've flat ironed... the rest of the time it stays straight until I wash it again! My only complaint is that the edges aren't as curvy as the Solia, so it's a little harder to "curl" the ends using this flat iron, but that's ok with me because I wasn't really after that look anyway. If you want super straight results, use this iron. What's amazing to me is that it works better than the Solia, but I'm using it at a cooler setting (350 as opposed to 450). It's also pretty powerful. One weird twist of your hand and you'll know it because this iron is going to straighten your hair in the EXACT direction you use it in and it can be unkind to mistakes. But all that power is a good thing if you know what you're doing. I've fine tuned my technique a little bit and have since gotten my hair perfectly flat and have eliminated those weird bends and waves in the back that I never seemed to be able to style out with the lesser flat irons even if I tried. I wouldn't recommend this iron to a novice user, but once you've got your technique down, give this iron a try, you won't regret it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No