October 24, 2014 | 1804 users online

Shampoo - Shi Kai - Color Reflect Platinum

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading the stellar reviews here, I'm sorry to be Debbie downer but this shampoo is still iffy for me.

-The reflect "platinum" shampoo tends to be drying without the light moisture I need.
-Some buildup after several shampoos.
-Good lather but takes several rinses to thoroughly remove.
-If used regularly, has a faint grayish/blue halo effect under certain lighting.
-Too much product comes out of the tube at once -- difficult to control.
-Slightly tones down yellow in natural platinum.

This shampoo most likely would work best on bleached, highlighted hair, but not on hair like mine that is not colored.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Boodababe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been using Clairol Shimmer Lights for my grey hair for several months. Recently I my scalp became very dry with some scabbing. Also, the heavy chemical smell of the shampoo was nauseating. I as looking for a more natural product without lauryl sulfate. This has a nice scent & left my hair feeling softer & cleaner. Plus it accents the various shades of grey in my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by dishwaterblondie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is very gentle and not drying like other shampoos that help with brassiness.
Seems to help my highlights look a little better. Smells good too. The only bad thing is that it is a little too gentle to remove a lot of styling products with silicones but that is true for any gentle, sulfate-free shampoo.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by moblinger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like to travel with my own shampoo and conditioner since I refuse to use products with sulfates. Since I was going to be in and out of hotels for a month straight, I decided to get some 8 ounce sized hair care products. I found Shi Kai on Vitacost.com and decided to get the platinum shampoo to maintain my blonde while in areas with unknown mineral content in the water. I also got the Daily Conditioner as well. But this is a review for the shampoo, so anyway - it is great. If you have delicate blonde/light hair, it is gentle and cleanses thoroughly without drying. I think my color looks brighter and my hair is shinier. I will get this again, even to use at home when I'm not traveling!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by MavisFesselmeyer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff--just bought by third (or is it fourth?) tube. I switched to it after ShimmerLights gave me horrible cystic acne on my back. This works every bit as well at keeping the yellow tones out of my hair but isn't irritating at all.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by desha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Add me to 'the above list of big FAT RAVES. I've used probably every shampoo for my grey hair and this by far is the best! Have to say I'm shocked. Don't know why, but I can't believe that finally there is a shampoo that works to give me the silver tones to my hair without that ghastly blue/purplish tones. This is my favorite now. I'm African American with relaxed hair. Relaxers can turn my hair a horrific metallicky color which takes some doing to get rid of. Nexxus Simply Silver works really well to take care of that immediately after a relaxer, but be warned, it can turn your hair blue and is very difficult to get rid of. Nexxus SS is best diluted with water: 2 parts water/1 part SS shampoo. But the Nexxus product can't be used consistently. Shi Kai is great to keep that magnificent tone. My hair was actually sparkling. Even Phyto D'Argent didn't do that. And the Shi Kai is way cheaper. And it's way better than the Aveda Blue Malva which did NOTHING for my hair but put a serious hurtin on my pocketbook.. All I can say is spread the word. This is definitely a keeper!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by VegasGlossJunkie

This is the first blonde brightening shampoo I've tried, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I don't need to, this stuff is the BEST! It really lightens up the gold tones in my hair, and makes it bright and shiny. I usually wash once, then lather up again and let it sit for a few minutes before I rinse, it seems to give me the full effect that way. It cleans really well without stripping moisture, which is REALLY important since I'm a hardcore bottle blonde ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 2:37:00 AM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my third tube, and for a product junkie, that says something! It doesn't irritate my sensitive scalp like other blond shampoos (Tigi, Aveda, Lush, Biosilk, Arttec), it cleans without leaving my hair dry and best of all, helps neutralize gold tones. Love it. Gonna marry it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Goldylox99

I bought this at the local health food store, and I was stunned at how well it works. I have used it, repurchased it, and can't tell you how much I love it. I have thick, long blond hair that is color treated to cover the beginning renegade gray strands and add highlights. I have tried Aquage, Wella, Redken, and many others. Nothing works as well as this to gently clean, and bring out my highlights. This is my HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by jmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

BEST EVER violet toned shampoo for my thick natural "stunning silver" hair