Korres Lip Butter - Pomegranate

4.2

Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Polyethylene, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tocopherol, Aroma, Carthamus Tinctorius Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Punica Granatum Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, CI 77891, CI 158580, CI 77491.

on 1/3/2015 1:47:00 AM

I have this and Quince. Tried to love them but it was hard! While the colour is nice, I felt like the product just sat on my lips. It doesn't do anything let alone moisturise! I get far better and faster results from good old Vaseline, which costs one-tenth of the price. Sorry Korres!

on 12/27/2014 8:54:00 AM

What a nice moisturizing balm that can be worn instead of lipstick on low maintenance days! It moisturizes my lips really well, so no nasty crumbs or dry patches appear. It works even better than Elizabeth Arden 8 hour Lip Cream. I always soak my lips in it before I go to bed. My boyfriend loves kissing me when I wear this, he says the fragrance is really attractive. Personally I really like the color and since it goes with my skin tone so well, I also use it in my No make-up Make-up look. Willing to try some of the other colours, too, but at the moment I am so in love with the Pomegranate tint, I probably won`t stray too far.

on 9/26/2014 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Soft, kissable lips are something we all want. :) My boy doesn't come near me when I wear sticky gloss or lipstick, (he only likes it when I wear lip balm) but I don't want to give up on wearing color on my lips either :( well ladies this is the perfect solution! This only has sheer color, and this gets rid of the tiny tiny lines in my lips, and makes them super soft to the touch. Even when this comes off, my lips stay super moisturized... Somebody said this looks like the cover of the Jemma kidds book, I completely agree!

I got compliments from my friends too about the color. It's very good for no makeup days, and very effortless... Like "my lips look like this when I wake up" look, LOL. Definitely not a made up look. Just your lips, but better, and I feel like it's doing something wonderful to them!

The color is coral pink, and on my pigmented lips it looks very natural. I have NC25 asian skin and black hair, and complements very well in my opinion. I've run out and I can't wait to buy more of this goodness!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lip balm has achieved HG status in my books. I love it, it's probably my favourite purchase this winter. For the past few months, my lips have been so chapped from the dry windy weather. I tried using Mecca Cosmetica's Lip-DeLuscious balm initially, which worked for a while, but then seemed to lose its effectiveness.

Korres' Lip Butter has been another story entirely. It has the most incredible texture, truly like butter, that melts into your lips to provide a cushion of hydration. On my slightly pigmented lips, Pomegranate imparts a sheer wash of gorgeous coral, deep pink. I wear it on its own for a natural look, or dab it very lightly over my lipstick.

The packaging is cute, though slightly unhygienic - you do have to put your finger in it. But that's my favourite way to apply my lip balm so I do not mind at all.

I bought mine from Kit Cosmetics, in Myer in Sydney city, for around AUD18. This is a good price for a quality product. By contrast, my less preferred Lip-Deluscious cost me AUD28.

Will I purchase again? Absolutely. And perhaps in every colour they have.

on 1/18/2014 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I started using this lip butter last June; 6+ months later and I have finally hit bottom of the pot. The price is VERY discouraging, but this lasted me a good 6 months through ( the recent summer, fall, and winter (if you think So. CA has real winters) and i use it multiple times on most days).

- Pomegranate (a warm toned coral) compliments light to medium to tan skin tones.
-I have no trouble applying it without a mirror- I don't see how others find application troublesome.
-Sweet scent, but not distracting. Once the product is on my lips, I can't detect the scent.
-Not: greasy, waxy, or sticky, in my opinion.
-Sheer color, great for day wear/running errands/ appear more refreshed.
----i like to use this+ powder+mascara for the daytime.
-From experience, it is more moisturizing than burt's bees pomegranate lip balm (to which my lips had horrible reactions), eos honeydew, and neutrogena Norwegian formula w/ spf- especially when I swipe some on right before bed.

RE: Packaging
-I think the consistency is too soft to be in stick form, too firm to be in a tube- hence the pot.
-If you wear your nails quite long i.e. acrylics, etc.. you will have trouble with the product getting under your nails.
-as long as you screw the cap back on aligned all the way, it wont pop off in your bag.
-seems very unhygenic... but I haven't had even a slight cold/fever during the time I've been using this (take that as you will :P)

Application: when I swipe it on, I start at one end of my lower lip and just increase pressure as I swipe across- all the product pretty much ends up on my lips with near to nothing on my finger. Pretty simple... I don't understand why so many people have complaints regarding application!

on 1/9/2014 12:58:00 AM

I got this lip butter at a make up outlet pretty cheap, so I didn't expect it to be good. But I was surprised - it has a very pleasant formula that is buttery and smooth. It has decent colour payoff (makes my lips look a bit redder) and is incredibly moisturising. While pots aren't really my thing, it isn't a massive issue for me. Will definitely be trying out more shades!

on 12/8/2013 8:59:00 PM

So very soothing. I use a lip scrub and immediately after use this lip butter. I almost treat it as an overnight moisturizer because it is costly but when I wake up my lips are intensely moisturized. It's not gunky or sticky, doesn't have a funky smell or taste. It's light but so effective. The only con is I wish the packaging was more of a heavy duty instead of plastic. I keep it in my purse and always fear the lid would unscrew. i

Oh I love this! I love it enough to finish my previous Korres lip balm and opened another tub. And I'm still using this today. I have a lot of lip balms and this is one of the few that I come back for for its moisturising abilities in an air conditioned room and colour selection. I feel that lip balms that come in colours or jars are sub par in terms of colours and moisturising ability but this one, well this one is different.

You can feel your lips being moisturised and I don't have to deal with less than moisturised lips the next morning. I demand a lot from my night balm because of the dry air. I have a preference for jar lip balms although some might deem it to be unsanitary, but I feel that as long as I'm the only person using it there won't be any contamination from third party. I mean you wouldn't let other people use your lipstick as well right even if it's packaged in a tub or stick. Price wise it's a bit steep from where I come from and it's not available here so that is a con for me. In terms of doing its job as a lip balm, it is superb. :)

Ps. I have never given this lip balm away to help reduce my stash and I've used it consistently so I would say, thumbs up Korres! But do look to expand the lip balm in SEA yeah? :)

on 7/19/2013 10:50:00 PM

Pretty color but in terms of quality I feel I could get same with drug store balm. Very little product for price and I'm never a fan of the lip pots. Likely not repurchasing.

on 7/11/2013 4:37:00 PM

This is really moisturizing but not worth the money because of the little product you get and the packaging is a hassle.

Popular Lip Treatments