August 28, 2014 | 1660 users online

Lip Treatments - Korres - Lip Butter - Pomegranate

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by shushupopopipi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lip balm has achieved HG status in my books. I love it, it's probably my favourite purchase this winter. For the past few months, my lips have been so chapped from the dry windy weather. I tried using Mecca Cosmetica's Lip-DeLuscious balm initially, which worked for a while, but then seemed to lose its effectiveness.

Korres' Lip Butter has been another story entirely. It has the most incredible texture, truly like butter, that melts into your lips to provide a cushion of hydration. On my slightly pigmented lips, Pomegranate imparts a sheer wash of gorgeous coral, deep pink. I wear it on its own for a natural look, or dab it very lightly over my lipstick.

The packaging is cute, though slightly unhygienic - you do have to put your finger in it. But that's my favourite way to apply my lip balm so I do not mind at all.

I bought mine from Kit Cosmetics, in Myer in Sydney city, for around AUD18. This is a good price for a quality product. By contrast, my less preferred Lip-Deluscious cost me AUD28.

Will I purchase again? Absolutely. And perhaps in every colour they have.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by annetin

I started using this lip butter last June; 6+ months later and I have finally hit bottom of the pot. The price is VERY discouraging, but this lasted me a good 6 months through ( the recent summer, fall, and winter (if you think So. CA has real winters) and i use it multiple times on most days).

- Pomegranate (a warm toned coral) compliments light to medium to tan skin tones.
-I have no trouble applying it without a mirror- I don't see how others find application troublesome.
-Sweet scent, but not distracting. Once the product is on my lips, I can't detect the scent.
-Not: greasy, waxy, or sticky, in my opinion.
-Sheer color, great for day wear/running errands/ appear more refreshed.
----i like to use this+ powder+mascara for the daytime.
-From experience, it is more moisturizing than burt's bees pomegranate lip balm (to which my lips had horrible reactions), eos honeydew, and neutrogena Norwegian formula w/ spf- especially when I swipe some on right before bed.

RE: Packaging
-I think the consistency is too soft to be in stick form, too firm to be in a tube- hence the pot.
-If you wear your nails quite long i.e. acrylics, etc.. you will have trouble with the product getting under your nails.
-as long as you screw the cap back on aligned all the way, it wont pop off in your bag.
-seems very unhygenic... but I haven't had even a slight cold/fever during the time I've been using this (take that as you will :P)

Application: when I swipe it on, I start at one end of my lower lip and just increase pressure as I swipe across- all the product pretty much ends up on my lips with near to nothing on my finger. Pretty simple... I don't understand why so many people have complaints regarding application!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by annapieface

I got this lip butter at a make up outlet pretty cheap, so I didn't expect it to be good. But I was surprised - it has a very pleasant formula that is buttery and smooth. It has decent colour payoff (makes my lips look a bit redder) and is incredibly moisturising. While pots aren't really my thing, it isn't a massive issue for me. Will definitely be trying out more shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by padeedle

So very soothing. I use a lip scrub and immediately after use this lip butter. I almost treat it as an overnight moisturizer because it is costly but when I wake up my lips are intensely moisturized. It's not gunky or sticky, doesn't have a funky smell or taste. It's light but so effective. The only con is I wish the packaging was more of a heavy duty instead of plastic. I keep it in my purse and always fear the lid would unscrew. i

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by mizzroyalbrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh I love this! I love it enough to finish my previous Korres lip balm and opened another tub. And I'm still using this today. I have a lot of lip balms and this is one of the few that I come back for for its moisturising abilities in an air conditioned room and colour selection. I feel that lip balms that come in colours or jars are sub par in terms of colours and moisturising ability but this one, well this one is different.

You can feel your lips being moisturised and I don't have to deal with less than moisturised lips the next morning. I demand a lot from my night balm because of the dry air. I have a preference for jar lip balms although some might deem it to be unsanitary, but I feel that as long as I'm the only person using it there won't be any contamination from third party. I mean you wouldn't let other people use your lipstick as well right even if it's packaged in a tub or stick. Price wise it's a bit steep from where I come from and it's not available here so that is a con for me. In terms of doing its job as a lip balm, it is superb. :)

Ps. I have never given this lip balm away to help reduce my stash and I've used it consistently so I would say, thumbs up Korres! But do look to expand the lip balm in SEA yeah? :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Kaharkins1988

Pretty color but in terms of quality I feel I could get same with drug store balm. Very little product for price and I'm never a fan of the lip pots. Likely not repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This is really moisturizing but not worth the money because of the little product you get and the packaging is a hassle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by edurling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't usually wear lip color beyond tinted chapstick but I bought this for special occasions or if my lips ever look "blah". The color is GORGEOUS. Its perfect for my pale skin (some brighter shades wash me out). I like that it's a little sheer and subtle. My only issue is the pot - I HATE pots for any makeup. Your finger gets the gloss on it and then what do you do with your finger? I wipe it on a tissue but when you're in public? ...I guess I'll take this debate to some internet forum :P

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by chocolaterocks12

i LOVE this product so much! the color is so pretty and these lip butters feel so nice on the lips and make my lips feel so soft and nice. this is perfect for everyday wear!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Izzybels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I live in Australia and have read all the reviews about it so I bought this little beauty off ebay, it was pretty expensive though $13. It's very moisturizing but it doesn't really taste that nice. It smells nice on my lips though and is a very pretty colour. I'm always on the hunt to try new lip balms/butters but I might get another pot in the future when I'm out of things to try. I took a few points off for the unhygienic way of sticking my finger in it.