October 31, 2014 | 905 users online

Powder - Cargo - Cargo Blu-Ray High Definition Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by staceyd2401

I absolutely love how smooth and silky this powder makes my skin look. I own shade 010 which I wear most of the year when I am about an NC15-20.

I do have combination skin that can get oily in spots and I wouldn't say this is the powder to use if you want oil control but for me I like a bit of natural oil to shine through and prefer and natural finish over a matte finish and this powder suits my needs perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by emilyclark90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was colour-matched with KIT cosmetics at MYER with no.20 shade. Originally looking for a translucent powder (as I'm so fair) - I thought I'd give it a crack.

I loved the shade and the finish on my skin when it settled, but on first application it looked very YELLOW. Almost like I had to wait 30mins before I left the house. For touching up, it was good, kept my very oily skin looking matte.

My main gripe with this product is how little there is of it. For $47, to hit the pan after probably less than 20 applications was a shock. Now I feel myself being really light-handed with it, to try and make what's left of it last as long as possible. I hate having to do that!

While I liked the look and texture of the powder, it wasn't outstanding enough to make me feel okay that there was so little product in the pan. I won't purchase again, I'll be trying something new.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by becake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Cargo HD powder for few years now. Thanks to my mom for introducing me to this or rather thanks for letting me steal it from her :D haha! This powder is lightweight, feels like I'm not wearing anything and it looks natural. After my morning routine, I use my Cerave Am moisturizer with sunscreen, let that dry, then swirl this gently on my face. I simply love the fact that it doesn't clog my pores and doesn't break me out. It covers my acne hyperpigmentation on my cheeks, but it won't make me look flawless. I use a Mac Pro long wear concealer if I needed extra coverage. This powder is an everyday wear for me. I don't use much make up but I make sure to swirl this every morning on my face. My favorite brush for this is the ELF Studio Powder Brush.

The only reason why I took one lippie is because it does make me shiny few hours later especially around my t-zone. I shouldn't blame this powder alone though I think the cerave moisturzer is part of it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

I am on day 4 of using this product and I feel like I have found my HG finally! This stuff is amazing! I have always been looking for that powder that made me look flawless, people, this is it!!!! Gives me a beautiful flawless and smooth canvas, I know there isn't that many colors to choose from but I will find a way to work with it since I love the end look! The packaging is fine, nothing terrible and nothing spectacular! It doesn't come with any sort of puff or brush to apply, which was ok for me since I use my own brushes for application. Price I paid was $32 at Ulta, which is about what I have been paying for the Lorac Porefection, and I def prefer this powder over the Lorac. If you haven't given Cargo Blu Ray High Def Powder a chance, you really should, its quite amazing!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by shauna510

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Apparently I'm the only one who finds this powder cakey, obvious looking on skin, and just horrible. It looked great for the first 30 seconds but then instantly started breaking down, settling in fine lines and pores and just sat on the skin in a splotchy, cakey mess. I've tried hundreds of powders and find this to be one of the worst I have ever used. I gave it to my mom, who has skin better than most 20 year olds, and she hated it too. I am half Asian and have yellow/olive undertones and even I found this powder very yellow. Looks terrible in photographs, and does nothing to control oil. What I dislike most about it is how unnatural it looks. I don't get it??? It just goes to show how different everyone's skin is from person to person and how some products are just not meant for certain skin types.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by bunnypie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this powder so so much. After spending so much time researching compact powders on youtube and reviews, I decided to buy it. Well, sadly, my skin is in a rather "Oily" mood lately, and this powder just doesn't stop the shine for me. After just 10 minutes, I start to shine again. So if you want to blot away the oiliness with this, FORGET IT. THIS IS NOT A POWDER FOR OILY SKIN. BUT, if this is not your concern, it will look gorgeous on your skin.
I chose the color NR. 20, which is more like MAC's NC35. I am using self tanner at the moment, and also the MUFE HD foundation in Nr. 125. So NR. 20 looks pretty good with it, but I wish it would have been a shade lighter. Although, NR. 10 might be too light then.

Now, to make something out of this powder and use it, I just apply it after applying my foundation, and then to make the shine on my face go away, I apply Clinique's Blended face powder in Transparency Neutral 08. At least that works for me.

Would I buy it again? No, if my skin continues to be oily, and yes, if my skin will be dry.
I gave it a NO for now, because of the color which is not a perfect match, and because of the not mattifying my skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by smilechic

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this powder! At 58 yrs. old, I still have combo skin, and had pore issues since getting adult acne at 22 yrs. old. Also deal with some redness. That being said, this is the best powder I've found. Seems to be very finely milled and has a very slight creamy powder feel. For me, my large pores will always need a pore minimizer first (Clinique's "light" pore refiner is my "spakle" lol). . This can stand alone on better days...work it in well as other reviewers mentioned, or use a bit with a large brush over foundation. Like this way better than mineral makeup powders...they are just not good for my skin type as they leave too much of a sheen and not enough coverage. Would like to see more shades available, mine is a very close but not perfect match.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by girly2222

I am returning this, drys out your skin, does not make your skin flawless at all.It is $48.00 not worth it.No different than a cheap powder from the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Izbella22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I am a C4 or NC30 and i have the no. 3.
i dropped it and the top mirror part broke off so i have to put it in a little chanel quad velvet puch they come with, other than that its probably the best powder i have ever used!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm in love! I'm NC20 & wear this in 10. I used to use MAC MSFN but that started settling into my fine lines & looking cakey. THis powder photographs like a dream & makes your face look flawless. I'm so happy I discovered this. It is pricey but it lasts a long time!