August 1, 2014 | 1824 users online

Cleansers - Physiogel - Physiogel Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by IsabelChai

I LOVE THIS CLEANSER! I have very sensitive, acne prone, eczema prone skin, and this works wonderfully on my skin. I have been using it for about 2 years and I never plan to switch to another cleanser, ever. This is far better than the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. The Cetaphil cleanser irritated my skin but this one doesn't. It does not dry my skin out, yet cleanses so well. It does have a bit of fragrance (which smells SO NICE!) but that doesn't upset my super sensitive skin in any way. Also does not clog my pores at all.

Most cleansers on the market are very harsh, and do more harm on the skin than good. They suck all the moisture out of your skin, and your skin will react by producing more oil, thus more acne. I recommend gentle cleansers like this one because it will do the same cleaning job without irritating and exacerbating acne. This also does not cause my eczema to flare up, and these days, EVERYTHING causes my eczema to flare up. I cant even use rolled oats to wash my face. I can't even use a honey mask, that is how sensitive my skin is, but this is a treat for my face.

The texture may seem a bit odd at first for those of you who aren't used to gentle cleansers. This does not bubble or foam up (unlike the harsh damaging cleansers out there). It comes out in a lotion-gel texture. I dampen my face with water, then I use about 4 squirts of this and massage all over my face, and then rinse of completely. You can use as much as you like, and it still does not irritate. Leaves skin wonderfully smooth and plump. It will not feel squeaky clean but it is not supposed to. The squeaky dry feeling you get with other cleansers is actually your skin crying out for moisture. Which is BAD.

Enough rambling. Go get this. You will not regret it.
Forever repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Wildtiger

This is a great cleanser for everyday use. Been using it for like 3months ? I guess.My skin type is acne prone , sensitive and oily . I really liked this and it's gentle but I am not going to say 100% gentle because it contains alcohol,paraben and other stuff . But anyway my pimples and my skin has improved although it took a long time sobe patient when using this product you can't expect a one day miracle.

Summary:

Pros:
+ safe for everyday use
+ gentle
+ hypoallergenic
+ improved skin tone and pimples
+ safe for acne proned and sensitive skin
+ the price is okay for the effectiveness of the product

Cons:
+ contains parabens and other stuff
+ does not remove makeup (mascara, bb/ cc creams,eye shadow )
+ you need to use cleansing oil/ lotion or toner in order to remove completely your makeup and dirt.

But overall: I really liked this product and it's popular too hehe
Give it a try :))

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by sherbyham

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Just finished using up a 900ml bottle. My skin has been sensitive recently and my eczema has been flaring up. It's a good cleanser because my skin has calmed down quite a bit and it doesn't feel itchy after shower. However, I don't like it as much as QV gentle wash because it doesn't lather. It's similar to Cetaphil and I find such shower gel quite bland.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by cocobanana34

I have very sensitive and acne prone skin, so if I use very oily or harsh products, my skin will breakout right away. I love this cleanser because it's not too harsh on my skin and it leaves my skin soft and not feeling tight or dry. This cleanser (together with the cream) helped me a lot when I was having flaky skin on my chin area. I tried everything (even steroidal creams to get rid of the flakes on my face) but only the Physiogel line helped me. I am now using this product for over a year now and I have no problem with it. I can say that it helped me improve my dry and flaky skin and it lightened some of my acne scars. I tried Cetaphil but the Physiogel really worked for me.

It's really not a good cleanser if you're washing your face with make-up on it. What I do is I cleanse my face with Ponds Cold Cream and wipe my face with a cleansing sponge soaked and warm water. And since my skin is already a bit wet / damp from the sponge with water, I then lather my skin up with Physiogel; wash my face and then use the moisturizer of the same brand.

If I am not wearing any make-up, I just pump some Physiogel Cleanser on my fingers and work on it on my dry face and then wash my face afterwards.

I gave the packaging a 5 because the biggest bottle comes with a pump now, so it's easier for me/

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

Very gentle cleanser for eczema / sensitive skin.

I will only repurchase this when I have eczema flareup. On normal days, just use soap without suds will do.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by chuchikazawa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

pros:
+ gentle hypoallergenic cleanser
+ good for daily use (twice a day)

cons:
- contains "fragrance", although I'm not having any reaction from it
- contains parabens

EDIT: can sting a little when applied thickly

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by alinalin

i use this product for 1 month, easily run out of this product cz i only bought the 120 or 100 ml.
its not travel friendly thus i need to spare a little in mini travel container
if im not under heavy make up, this product makes my skin feels healthy. like i dont need extra moisturizer.
subtle scent.
but somehow i think this product doesnt deep cleanse my skin. cz when i use my toner, some excess dirt still visible on the cotton.
I dare to use this product more than twice a day since its very gentle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently received a sample of this and really liked it. I compare this with Cetaphil as they both do not foam with a creamy texture. I prefer the texture of this to Cetaphil as its a light creamy texture, but not oily. Cetaphil has a more a gel like texture, leaves a residue after washing. This just leaves a very fresh, silky smooth, hydrated and clean feeling after washing. I love it. As this does not remove makeup, i use this only in the morning.

This product is for dehydrated and sensitive skin.

Cons
pricey
not cruelty free
contain paraben
contains fragrance

Ingredients:
Purified Water, PEG-4000, cetostearyl alcohol, sodium cocolyisethionate, disodium hydrogen phosphate, citric acid, methylparaben, proplyparaben, butylparaben, fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by LauraLo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG cleanser for sensitive skin. I initially tried Cetaphil, but I find this more hydrating than Cetaphil, and I like the slightly foaming texture of this better than the non-foaming texture of Cetaphil. It leaves my face feeling really soft, but not at all oily, and reduces redness. It also gives my usually shiny face a really matte appearance when first washed. However, I do need to use a makeup remover with this cleanser, and it doesn't help to control oil or blackheads, so I sometimes need to use another cleanser just on the T-zone of my face. It has almost no smell and is quite simply packaged, so it can be used by the whole family without protest. My husband, who had flaky winter skin but is too much of a guy to exfoliate or put on moisturizer, has starting using this as well and the flaking is gone now. It comes in a bottle with both a pump dispenser and a tightly fitting lid, which makes it both convenient to use at home and suitable for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by ItalianBerry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use this cleanser religiously when I was younger and didn't wear much make up. I use the moisturiser still to this day (for 5 years running!) because it is simply the best product I have ever come across.

Pro: This cleanser is very gentle and clears up any rosacea or acne with amazing results. It is perfect for dry and sensitive skin.

Con: The only con is that is not good at removing make-up at all.
This was an issue for me when I started wearing heavier mascara and foundation.

However (!) I'm going to go back to using this product because I've found the best, most effective way to remove the hardest of make up - and that is with natural cleansing oils, e.g. jojoba oil, sweet-almond oil, organic extra virgin coconut oil. They work better than any harsh make up remover! This would be a great cleanser to follow up with, to remove any excess oil that could clog your pores.