August 29, 2014 | 1815 users online

Powder - Clinique - Gentle Light Powder And Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Jasmin629

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a very strange powder. I have this in 03. And it has golden glitters in it which makes me hard to use it. So i decided to apply this in the summer, when i'm tanned. I think it will looks good on a body also

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by ayu22003

I remembered the summer I bought this product, I wanted a powder orange and sparkly, but not like a highlighter, which gives a mirror-like effect, and so I was recommended this one. I totally like it, and used to apply it on my cheek and T-zone everyday, it gives gentle light looking as its name. The things I don't like about it is the smell, which is so not enjoyable, and the sparkles look weird after some hours when my skin absorb the powder... in a word, I so much need a new one similar but better!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by princessleah

Clinique just discontinued this product and I am so bummed! I have been using it every day over my foundation for the last 10+ years. (AND Clinique also discontinued my Superfit foundation!) I used GLOW 02, and yes it is shimmery, but I was still able to use it everyday. On me, the shimmer isn't noticable unless I am in bright sunlight (which I don't do often!).

BRING IT BACK CLINIQUE!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Sophaluphagus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this product very much, it was way too shimmery and isn't a good product for an every day use. It doesn't have any coverage, it's just sparkles. It's also way overpriced. I won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice powder, the lady at the counter advised this one, 04 neutral glow, nice amount of shimmer and i didnt look oily, coverage is light....i do like this one. Its exactly what its named, very gentle and light.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Went there to buy this in Shade 02 and the sales lady talked me into getting one with more color,03 Nutral which is shade 4. Looks like a bronzer on my skin.Nice glow for summer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by welovecats

The warm golden shimmer flecks in this turned me orange. Highly unflattering.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by noki200

When the MA at the Clinique counter matched this powder for me, it gave me a nice glow, which is one thing I really like about it. Unfortunately, there are more cons than pros; the powder settles into my pores and around my nose, giving a cake-y effect, and I have to reapply often because it doesn't control the oiliness of my face for the day. The sifter gives off too much powder (but that can be fixed by using the ole' tape-over-holes technique). The smell is weird but bearable. Overall, it wasn't worth the $22 I paid.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by jsATC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've just rediscovered this in my stash...bought it about 5 years ago to use with liquid foundation but then I jumped on the Bare Minerals bandwagon and stopped...I don't know why, I like this so much better and it doesn't oxidize or make me break out like Bare Minerals did.

I'm currently using Gentle Light Powder over Revlon Colorstay liquid (the formula for oily/combo skin). The Colorstay covers my acne and red blotchiness and controls oil pretty well, and the Gentle Light powder gives me a nice, glowy, natural finish since the Colorstay tends to look too matte and dull. I think they both wear pretty well, the powder has some rub off, but not as much as other powders I've tried. They both stick to my greasy nose throughout the day, even if I'm using a moisturizer. I have an active job and sometimes I'm outside, sweating a lot, and this probably wears better than most foundations I've tried.

I'm using color 04 Glow 3 Neutral over the Colorstay 200 Nude. I think this is the first powder that hasn't gone orange or pink on me after a few hours. It doesn't oxidize, and it doesn't even discolor when I use it over glycolic acid/salicylic acid acne treatments. This is the biggest reason I'll stick with this product - Bare Minerals ALWAYS turned so orange on my skin!

It doesn't seem to break me out or irritate my sensitive skin, although the combination of Colorstay + powder needs a LOT of cleansing to get it all off. If I get lazy with it, it does clog my pores.

This powder is pricey, but it lasts for EV er, so it's worth it.

I don't use it with this brush, it's so tiny and tends to lay the powder on in thick blobs. I use a big fluffy Sonia Kashuk brush from Target and get nice, even, light coverage.

I'm finally at the bottom of the container and I'm definitely going to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by alexistaylor111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this powder- it is shimmery but i love shimmer! i have oily skin but it does a good job on my skin. It covers really well. i bought the wrong shade for my skin- several shades too dark (i'm pale) but even still it looks amazing u can layer if u want a darker look-more coverage. I would re-purchase this i really like it!