November 28, 2014 | 1413 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Robanda Eye Gel

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG So awful! I bought a jar of this at Winners, after a quick MUA review search in store. Seemed hopeful by the reviews. I don't see at all how this is so highly rated. For one, the packaging is off-putting. It's cheap inside and out and isn't even sealed. As for the product - it feels like sticky honey on my eyes, like my eyelids are getting stuck together. Moisturizing? Nope, just wet and sticky. I think this must be the most awful skincare product I've ever tried. But hey, it must be just me, so up for swap it goes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by justninny

I am in shook that there is even one good review of this product! I ran out of eye cream last week & didn't dare buy another expensive one that didn't deliver. Saw the reviews for this guy, and found 2 of them at TJ maxx for $6.99 each. Figured it HAD to have done something w all these great reviews..even if it was just a little moisturizing.
Product is in a cheap looking jar with no seal when you open it up. I thought this was odd and may have been a return when I took off the lid only to see a bright blue gel and ht looked to be a third of product missing. So I went head and opened the second jar.. What do ya kno..same thing!
After only 3 days I can't say it doesn't help w circles but I highly doubt it. This gel is more drying then moisturing and does NOT wear well under makeup without some other cream/moisturizer. This will be going back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by kaldkald

I have been using this for two or three years. Morning and night. The times I've run out, I've noticed an immediate difference in the area around my eyes: dryness, fine lines, muddiness. And when I've started using the eye gel again, the area has been quickly brought back to a nice moisturized state. It is non-greasy and non-sticky, with a light clean scent that barely lingers. My skin is prone to break outs, and this has not broken me out. Concealer applies smoothly over it. Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by jacq1985

The best eye gel I've ever used (and I've tried quite a few). This is great, it really tightens my eye area. It's pretty hydrating, I never notice any eye dryness/lines from dryness. It feels cooling, but doesn't sting, and really flattens out puffiness. I'm not sure how it does for darkness because I conceal my under eyes, but they do seem less purple when I apply the eye gel these days. I get this for either 5.99 or 7.99 at marshalls and tj maxx, such a steal. I wouldn't use this at night, I prefer something more hydrating, but during the day under my makeup and moisturizer, this does the trick.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by JewelHutch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before I got this, I've been wanting to try out an under eye cream or gel for a while. The younger you start the better I've heard. I went to TJ Maxx and saw this for only $7. I thought that was really inexpensive so I just thought I'd go ahead and try it. While I was driving I put a bit of this on the back of my hand. I let it sit there for about 5 minutes and felt this cooling/tingling sensation where I applied it. I couldn't wait to try it. I went home, tried it and felt the same cooling sensation. After a while I think I got used to that feeling because I don't feel it as much. I think it does make a difference. It feels like my skin is a bit firmer and the darkness looks as if it has subsided. It doesn't have a huge dramatic effect, but it does help.
UPDATE
I've been using this for about a month and a half now. I've definitely seen a difference. My eyelids and undereyes definitely feel and look firmer. Here's an example of why I think it works. I have hooded double eyelids, one seems less hooded than the other. One morning when I woke up, BAM.. i noticed something. My lesser hooded eyelid was hardly hooded at all.. I was thinking what the WHAT? I could tell that they were becoming less hooded over time because the skin around the lid was getting firmer. One morning the hoodedness had almost disappeared on my lesser hooded eye. Of course it didn't reshape overnight, it took a while. But it happened... well now my eyelids are kind of uneven but it's proof it helps firm the skin.. let's hope my other eyelid will catch up soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by LOREBUNDE

I've purchased at TJ Maxx, $6.99 because I was getting low on eye cream and heard good things about vitamin A/retinol. I figurered for that price wth. I've used lots of eye creams over the years but I must say I've been using this at night for about 2 weeks and I do see a difference. No bags and I usually have lots of darkness, circles around my eyes, just my genes. I don't even bother to hide w/concealor because just makes it worse. It appears my dark circles are gone, in my opinion anyway. I haven't gotten any compliments so I will give it time. I will update later. I did n't know if I was going to continue using this, thinking what can it do it was soo cheap but I'll see what happens.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by trinitycharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the other reviewer, I also found this at TJ Maxx (a treasure trove of goodies!). I'm only 27, so I can't say I have many wrinkles, yet, though I HAVE started noticing the tiny ones around my eyes. I mainly bought this because I have a lot of puffiness. It seems to be a natural thing that I was born with (apparently inherited from my late father). I lightly pad this on in the mornings....and even though the gel consistency feels wonderful, I didn't notice any immediate improvements. I see "somewhat" of an improvement in the brightness and maybe even puffiness of my eyes if I apply it at night AND in the morning, but it doesn't get rid of it completely. Mainly, for me, it just feels good and moisturizes my eye area while doing it. I WOULD buy it again because of that, but I'm still on the lookout for something to help with puffiness/under eye bags. It's a nice product, but nothing spectacular in my humble opinion. I'd definitely give it a try if you see it. As with everything else on the market, it may work wonders for you (or not).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by abbyten

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this little gem at TJ Maxx. I almost didn't pick it up because I had gotten thoroughly tired of buying eye creams only to find that they were basically useless (so many promises.....so few kept) and not worth the money. Also, it's a gel, and I normally find gels not very satisfactory around the eye area because they aren't moisturizing enough. After a little thought I decided to give it a try because it was only $5.99, and it contained retinol. Retinol seems to do good things for my skin and is one of the few anti-aging ingredients I can use, since things like AHA's and Vitamin C are way too strong for my skin. Unlike most gels which seem to give little moisture and disappear once applied to the skin, this product feels like a very silky cream, and it definitely leaves the area moisturized and smooth. I have been nothing short of astounded at the difference this product has made in only a week's time. I don't have a lot of large wrinkles under my eyes, but i do have fine lines, crepiness and puffiness, and this is the only product I have found that has made such a tremendous difference. The skin is much smoother, and the puffiness is definitely diminished. I have now gone to all the TJ Maxx and Marshall's stores in my area (Marshall's often carries the same products as TJ because they are owned by the same company) and managed to get my hands on four jars. I went to the internet to see what this stuff sells for, and I'm a little confused by what I found. Some places sell either the old packaging (a jar) or the new packaging (a pump) in a half ounce size for $34, and some places sell a one ounce size in the new packaging (a jar) for the same $34. The best price is at Folica.com which sells the one ounce jar for $16.95. Since a half ounce is the standard size for eye creams, at this price for the larger size it's no more expensive than a drugstore eye cream. I am also pleased that the ingredient list is short - Deionized Water, Aloe Vera Barbadensis Extract, Chamomile Extract, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Panthenol, Glycerin, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Methyparaben, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Blue #1 (Cl #42090). I really wonder when I pick up a product and see a list of 50 or 60 ingredients - the more ingredients, the more chance for irritation. Even though I have managed to get my hands on four jars of this product, I'm very tempted to order more from Folica so that I never run out.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No