November 27, 2014 | 1673 users online

Liquid - Almay - Almay Truly Lasting Color longwear makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The price is a bit high for drugstores - About 12.00.
The packaging is simple.
Now for what is inside the bottle:
This is not very comfortable after it sets;feels a bit constrictive. It says 'truly lasting color' but the coverage does not last so ladies please read between quoted lines.It also transfers as evidenced by myself lightly wiping my face with a tissue and finding product on it even though it was not a lot. It also kind of settles into pores after one sweats. It dries rather quickly so you need to blend it quickly. If you need to scratch your face,you can expect to find makeup underneath your nails. The only reason I give it a 3 is because it doesn't irritate.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfect colour match but way too drying/tight feeling.

I have light skin with neutral to yellow/olive undertones and I used Buff.

I gave this a shot for the past three days in hopes of finding something more moisturizing than clinique's acne solutions foundation--- nope- this one is just as drying. It doesn't patch up as much but it feels tight on my skin. Its the same feeling I had with urban decay naked foundation.

The coverage is light to medium- it definitely settles into my smile lines. It doesn't look cakey but when I build it up, it tends to look chalky. I feel like it ages me. no thank you.

I've also been experiencing itchiness after 4 hours of wear... I can't say for sure that its caused by this foundation, but than again i did get a reaction to almay's smart shade almost instantly.

This might work for the summer and/or for oily skin (i have dry to combo). Maybe i'll repurchase in those months if I don't find a HG by then. But, for now i want my $17.99 + tax back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am sick of Revlon Colorstay as it has been reformulated twice and it is not what it was before. ELDW shades are all off too. When this product was new to the market, I tried it but I did not like any of the shades. Looking desperately for something that lasts long and matches my skin tone, I tried the shade Sand. WOW! I am so happy with this product. It lasts long and the shade is the perfect match. All of the shades are neutral unlike other drugstore brands that the shade selection is usually too yellow or too pink. It does not oxidize and it does not feel or look heavy or cakey. I am sticking with this one. Highly recommended if you are sick of Revlon Colorstay and ELDW.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Sewpercee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have dry skin and you're looking for a foundation with solid medium coverage that will disguise most flaws AND stick around for most of the day, this is the product for you.

First of all - and this is the thing that disqualifies a foundation from my list immediately - it doesn't turn that beautiful shade of orange on my face. Joy! As I mentioned above, coverage is a very good medium that can be built up to almost full if you do it carefully. It's a thick liquid consistency and I find it applies and blends easily. My dry skin adores this because not only does this foundation last around 5 hours (in summer heat no less) before minor touching up is needed, but it also causes ZERO dry patches or flakes. Nada.

This is not my HG foundation (which I would wear for special occasions or really long work days) but it is an excellent product at a great price that I use on a day to day basis.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I really adore this foundation. I have combo/oily, acne prone skin and I prefer a medium coverage. All other longwear foundations I've tried are full coverage, which is why TLC is such a gem. I'm around NC30 right now and I wear 220 Neutral. It's a perfect match for me.

The formula is not too thick or thin and blends into the skin nicely. It covers my active acne well, but I still need to use concealer afterwards. The finish is a natural, satin/matte which looks like my skin, but better.

I set this with Maybelline Dream Wonder powder and it looks amazing for hours. Hasn't broke me out at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation does oxidize in other words, it makes my face, personally, look ruddy looking a few minutes after applying. I have this in Honey, which should be a good match except it changes shades on me. It is thick but very easy to smooth on face. This is because it is more like a gel than a liquiud in texture. On extra cold days, I can apply this under one of my favorite lightweight mousse foundations, in a shade slightly lighter than my skin tone. The result is a nice Velevet finish. However, on its, own, I do not like this as a foundation whatsoever. The consistency is tacky, so it does work well as a foundation base.

on the other hand..it works nicely underneath a makeup as a base, to control oil and to acheive a nice velvet finish with the makeup you put on top

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Plooosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I originally bought Almay Blemish Heal foundation for the bargain price of 3 GBP and found this on offer close to the other foundation at the price of 5 GBP. I figured i'd heard of the make so they couldn't be that bad and I even did a little bit of research on each one before I bought them online.

Each one is the lightest shade as my skin is very fair, the colours are very yellow tinted and their consistency very different. This Almay TLC foundation is thick and hard to manage, I use a brush and it's near impossible with this foundation. Also I have found out that it has a terrible grey-caste and if a flash is near you; your face will be ghastly white. This happens also with the Almay Blemish heal (maybe because they have SPF in them?) either way they are not great for nights out.

The TLC Almay foundation is meant to last 16 hours; it does not. Surprisingly it lasts less time than the Almay Blemish heal which does not include a time for the amount it should stay on. This foundation cakes up after about 2 hours on your face and makes you look patchy; it does not have a very good coverage and was not worth what I paid for it. However the Blemish heal is not bad for how much I paid; yes it had grey-caste but it looks great on your face, lasts all day and it has quite good colour selection.

I have Estee Lauder DW and Almay Blemish Heal is not as good but for 3GBP it's not bad and reminds me of the product with the way it feels; looks and the overall coverage of the face.

Almay TLC; I wouldn't bother buying it...mines going to waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hardly ever use this product anymore (my second bottle), I find that the thick consistency makes it hard to blend and it can look "streaky" on my face when applying it. The coverage is quite sheer, so I apply this over a base like a BB cream. It has an odd, paint-like smell to it that I dislike. I bought this product mainly because of the "blemish heal technology" that was boasted on the bottle, but I hardly think it made a difference in that department. It didn't last that long for me, I found that the colour faded after only a few hours. I do like how it comes in a pump, it is more convenient to get the amount you want and hygienic. The cons outweigh the pros, so once I use up this bottle I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Hollipop19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination/oily skin, so I'm very limited in what I can purchase at the drugstore- I typically stick to Almay and Physicians Formula. Almay's TLC foundation is the first Almay foundation I have tried, and I have mixed feelings towards the product...

Pros:
Perfect for acne-prone/sensitive skin (it won't clog your pores and it's hypoallergenic)
Packaging (it has a really nice pump so you can get the perfect amount of product)
Light, buildable coverage that looks very natural on your skin
Noticed great skin improvement (Every time I take off this makeup, my skin looks a little brighter and my blemishes look clearer. The foundation has ingredients like green tea and lemon extract to help nourish you skin- and I can tell!)

Cons:
Price (I bought mine at Rite Aid for $15)
Longevity (The color starts to fade within a couple of hours, and my redness/blemishes start to peak through.)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by purplestar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been my absolute favourite foundation for a long time. Unfortunately it's no longer available to buy in NZ shops, I've been buying it on an online auction site really cheaply for a while but now even those stocks have run out - seems to still be available on ebay though! My shade is Naked 160, a perfect colour match for my quite pale pinkish skin. The pump bottle packaging is great and the product is long lasting, stays shine free without powder and applies easily and smoothly, Only medium coverage (I'd prefer it to be slightly heavier) but it gives enough coverage over my minor wrinkles & spots while still looking really natural. I bought the same shade in Almay Line Smoothing foundation but that gives a much lighter sheer coverage and doesn't last as well and I get more shine. The shade seems to be the same though. TLC is definitely worth a try if you can get hold of your shade :D