Almay Almay Truly Lasting Color longwear makeup

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (3.3%), Zinc Oxide (2.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Nylon 12, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trisiloxane, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Seed Extract (Sweet Almond), Laminaria Japonica Extract, Nereocycstis Leutkeana Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Magnesium, Potassium, Trihydroxystearin, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract (Lemon), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methicone, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Silica, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Sorbitol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this as a replacement for Carmindy's Foundation through Sally Hansen which was the first foundation I ever had besides (expensive Clinique) that did not cause my skin to break out or clog my pores. Unfortunately Carmindy's Foundation got removed from all of the stores, and I had to go looking for something else. Luckily, I tried this and it has worked out well for my skin which is extremely sensitive. I don't think it was quite as nice as the Carmindy one but its close. The main thing is, I hate heavy oily foundation or anything so powdery it just gets into your pores and clogs them.This foundation is not like that. I would say it gives moderate coverage so if your skin is in pretty decent shape to begin with, this will probably work ok for you. I have had no issues with it being cakey whatsoever. To me it's a little on the expensive side but then I pretty much feel like a lot of stuff is expensive now a days! If you can wait till you have a coupon or its on sale, I'd do that.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Because my skin has gotten even oilier (argh!), I had to dump my favorite makeup and my old standby Colorstay's reformulation doesn't have the same staying power, so I went through drug store and some department store brands, with Truly Lasting Color being the last one I tried. To my surprise, it became my new regular foundation. It finishes medium coverage with a satin sheen, without being dewy or chalky, and really lasts. Where the others start greasing away now after a couple hours, this stays on for 8 hours with a light dusting of setting powder and a touch up at lunch time. I think if I were still just oily instead of REALLY oily, I wouldn't even need to touch up. Most importantly, it doesn't irritate my skin or break me out. I don't know if it lasts 16 hours, but with how greasy I've become, I'm happy with the 8 or so hours I get. I take away one lippy because the shade range is very limited so I have to mix two of the shades to get the right one, and because trying to build it up for full coverage usually results in caking. But for us oily girls who want medium coverage in the fair to medium range, this is a very viable, affordable option to try.

This is my first review. Lol! I have been looking for a drugstore foundation to compete w high end products. I'm always looking for cheaper alternatives to high end products really. But when I went shopping for this I was just looking for something to prevent my breakouts from getting worse. I looked up the reviews for this and thought I'd give it a try. You Mix this w a little primer (I used Revlon photo ready) and it looks almost like Estee Lauder Dbl wear w a Mac Brightness. My breakouts have not gotten worse, and it gives you a beautiful porcelain finish. Lasts all day, doesn't settle into fine lines and I'm impressed. I have not photographed it w a flash yet but I am just stunned at the delivery of this product. I have to say this is my HG drugstore foundation. I didn't give it full lippies cuz I paid $15 for it @ CVS. But honestly it was well worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Feels similar to revlon color stay for me. OK coverage and longevity. Does not break me out. The downside is very limited colour selection. The one I got is way too dark for me. And also keep in mind this foundation oxidises a lot.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

The consistency is way too thick and sticky. It does dry quickly after being applied but it's hard to blend with fingers-I had to use a brush but it built up on the bristles quickly. Coverage wasnt the greatest-medium at best.

Ok. So I tried this, and the color was good on my skin, except the fact it made my pores appear huge and ugh it's very thick. Never again. I was late to dinner due to trying to take this off of my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'll give this a 5 for packaging since it is extremely convenient and comfortable to use - however the product itself disappointed me. The consistency is extremely thick and my skin feels heavy after applying this - even if I use minimal amount. I have combination and acne prone skin. While it didn't break me out, I noticed an increase in blackheads and enlarged pores everytime I used this. It does last you all day and covers any blemishes you might have really well, however it just felt and looked too cakey on my skin.

Okay so my mom has always liked the Almay line because she can only use certain types of makeup. She is quite alergic to other brands so she usually recommends them. Anyways, I was on the hunt for a new liquid foundation because I had used the BareMinerals, mineral foundation and I just didn't like the way it covered my face. I picked it up at Walmart and thought, "well it's 12 bucks so it better be good". The first week, I loved it. It has good coverage and it was definitely a step up from my last few foundations (all mineral). After a solid month of loving it, things took a turn. I started to see spots on my cheeks of buildup from the product. I found out that it was just from not getting all of the makeup off and usually, because of my freckles, that was where the most foundation went. As much as I tried to scrub it off every night using any products I could get my hands on, they would still pop up the next morning. Yes it is long lasting, but so long lasting that you can't get it off. I would have left it on the next day and not taken it off but it's almost invisible, it's there but it isnt covering anything. It just blends right into your skin not making a difference from before.

The price is a bit high for drugstores - About 12.00.
The packaging is simple.
Now for what is inside the bottle:
This is not very comfortable after it sets;feels a bit constrictive. It says 'truly lasting color' but the coverage does not last so ladies please read between quoted lines.It also transfers as evidenced by myself lightly wiping my face with a tissue and finding product on it even though it was not a lot. It also kind of settles into pores after one sweats. It dries rather quickly so you need to blend it quickly. If you need to scratch your face,you can expect to find makeup underneath your nails. The only reason I give it a 3 is because it doesn't irritate.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Perfect colour match but way too drying/tight feeling.

I have light skin with neutral to yellow/olive undertones and I used Buff.

I gave this a shot for the past three days in hopes of finding something more moisturizing than clinique's acne solutions foundation--- nope- this one is just as drying. It doesn't patch up as much but it feels tight on my skin. Its the same feeling I had with urban decay naked foundation.

The coverage is light to medium- it definitely settles into my smile lines. It doesn't look cakey but when I build it up, it tends to look chalky. I feel like it ages me. no thank you.

I've also been experiencing itchiness after 4 hours of wear... I can't say for sure that its caused by this foundation, but than again i did get a reaction to almay's smart shade almost instantly.

This might work for the summer and/or for oily skin (i have dry to combo). Maybe i'll repurchase in those months if I don't find a HG by then. But, for now i want my $17.99 + tax back!