July 30, 2014 | 1640 users online

Liquid - Almay - Almay Truly Lasting Color longwear makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation does oxidize in other words, it makes my face, personally, look ruddy looking a few minutes after applying. I have this in Honey, which should be a good match except it changes shades on me. It is thick but very easy to smooth on face. This is because it is more like a gel than a liquiud in texture. On extra cold days, I can apply this under one of my favorite lightweight mousse foundations, in a shade slightly lighter than my skin tone. The result is a nice Velevet finish. However, on its, own, I do not like this as a foundation whatsoever. The consistency is tacky, so it does work well as a foundation base.

on the other hand..it works nicely underneath a makeup as a base, to control oil and to acheive a nice velvet finish with the makeup you put on top

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Plooosh

I originally bought Almay Blemish Heal foundation for the bargain price of 3 GBP and found this on offer close to the other foundation at the price of 5 GBP. I figured i'd heard of the make so they couldn't be that bad and I even did a little bit of research on each one before I bought them online.

Each one is the lightest shade as my skin is very fair, the colours are very yellow tinted and their consistency very different. This Almay TLC foundation is thick and hard to manage, I use a brush and it's near impossible with this foundation. Also I have found out that it has a terrible grey-caste and if a flash is near you; your face will be ghastly white. This happens also with the Almay Blemish heal (maybe because they have SPF in them?) either way they are not great for nights out.

The TLC Almay foundation is meant to last 16 hours; it does not. Surprisingly it lasts less time than the Almay Blemish heal which does not include a time for the amount it should stay on. This foundation cakes up after about 2 hours on your face and makes you look patchy; it does not have a very good coverage and was not worth what I paid for it. However the Blemish heal is not bad for how much I paid; yes it had grey-caste but it looks great on your face, lasts all day and it has quite good colour selection.

I have Estee Lauder DW and Almay Blemish Heal is not as good but for 3GBP it's not bad and reminds me of the product with the way it feels; looks and the overall coverage of the face.

Almay TLC; I wouldn't bother buying it...mines going to waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hardly ever use this product anymore (my second bottle), I find that the thick consistency makes it hard to blend and it can look "streaky" on my face when applying it. The coverage is quite sheer, so I apply this over a base like a BB cream. It has an odd, paint-like smell to it that I dislike. I bought this product mainly because of the "blemish heal technology" that was boasted on the bottle, but I hardly think it made a difference in that department. It didn't last that long for me, I found that the colour faded after only a few hours. I do like how it comes in a pump, it is more convenient to get the amount you want and hygienic. The cons outweigh the pros, so once I use up this bottle I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Hollipop19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination/oily skin, so I'm very limited in what I can purchase at the drugstore- I typically stick to Almay and Physicians Formula. Almay's TLC foundation is the first Almay foundation I have tried, and I have mixed feelings towards the product...

Pros:
Perfect for acne-prone/sensitive skin (it won't clog your pores and it's hypoallergenic)
Packaging (it has a really nice pump so you can get the perfect amount of product)
Light, buildable coverage that looks very natural on your skin
Noticed great skin improvement (Every time I take off this makeup, my skin looks a little brighter and my blemishes look clearer. The foundation has ingredients like green tea and lemon extract to help nourish you skin- and I can tell!)

Cons:
Price (I bought mine at Rite Aid for $15)
Longevity (The color starts to fade within a couple of hours, and my redness/blemishes start to peak through.)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by purplestar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been my absolute favourite foundation for a long time. Unfortunately it's no longer available to buy in NZ shops, I've been buying it on an online auction site really cheaply for a while but now even those stocks have run out - seems to still be available on ebay though! My shade is Naked 160, a perfect colour match for my quite pale pinkish skin. The pump bottle packaging is great and the product is long lasting, stays shine free without powder and applies easily and smoothly, Only medium coverage (I'd prefer it to be slightly heavier) but it gives enough coverage over my minor wrinkles & spots while still looking really natural. I bought the same shade in Almay Line Smoothing foundation but that gives a much lighter sheer coverage and doesn't last as well and I get more shine. The shade seems to be the same though. TLC is definitely worth a try if you can get hold of your shade :D

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by DefunktPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh Almay, I hate to do this to you. I love Almay's other foundations but TLC is just meh. The coverage is so sheer and the consistency is thick and does not blend well. Great for those with sensitive skin though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by bonnydoon

Growing frustrated with HE foundations, I purchased this on a whim in CVS, having had a good experience with another Almay foundation in the past.

I'm NC 20-25 (yellow undertones) and one of the 'middle of the line shades' (neutral or sand?) works really well for me.

My skin is leans toward oily with normal sized pores and this does an amazing job of

a) covering imperfections w/o looking cakey - in fact it is a wonderful, dewey natural finish
b) blurring my pores
c) keeping oil at bay even on my forehead.
d) giving me a well-rested appearance. I no longer need concealer since I pat this in the corner and under my eyes.
e) looking 'skin like'... My face looks neither too matte, too dewy or in any way unnatural.

I use it sparingly, only in the mid-portion of the face and the effect is great. It takes me just a few minutes to dab about a pea-sized amount of product and I'm set for the day.

No break outs, no dry skin. Spf 15 with ZnO and TiO2 (major plus) so it doesn't interfere with avobenzone containing suncreens to the extent that octinoxate would.

No oxidation or colour change over the course of the day.

The pump is super! Love the packaging.

I've been using for 3 months so HG for me. A winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by mbennett2

WOW - great foundation and really long lasting. I've been buying Lancome and Clinique for years but have never been happy with the coverage and how long they last. This covers great and I have quite a few scars from a car accident on my face. And it Lasts - first product that lasts until I get home at night and take it off. Totally worth the price and drugstores always have promotions so I purchased this and got a 1/2 price eyeshadow. I do wish they had a few more shades to try out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am going to update my review but wanted to put color matching information on here for those of you who were like me and could not find your color match via search. I wear revlon color stay in sand beige , nc20 in mac , and I chose Naked 03 (160) in Almay TLC.Please note, I saw 2 naked 03s at cvs and both were completely different colors. This foundation likes to separate in the bottle , and it is super hard to shake up and see the true color. I chose the lighter of the two Naked 03s I saw. The first thing I noticed about this foundation was it has a thicker feel like revlon colorstay. The product has sunscreen and you can feel that slippery/thick/greasy sunscreen in it. With so many great reviews saying it keeps you from being shiny, this did not scare me. Upon application I felt it was a little easier to blend than colorstay. The color is a little more pink I would say, and less neutral than color stay but it is natural & it does match my skin. I was able to layer this foundation on areas that needed more coverage, but up close this foundation shows off hair & pores a little more than colorstay or my previous foundation mac studio fix fluid. So far it does great with keeping the shine away. Overall this is a lighter version of colorstay, but the coverage is not quite as full. I am going to update my review weekly to note any breakouts, or how it reacts when I am at the beach or swimming this weekend. Just wanted to give this a quick review & help anyone with color matching. I do know this product has lemon extract which does brighten but it can also dry out your skin. Those of you with dry skin who use this ingredient can actually have a reaction to where it makes you oily because it strips moisture. Will update* upate.. Returned this because it showed up too many of my imperfections and was not as flawless as other foundations I have tried.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had high expectations for this foundation based on the reviews I have read here but unfortunately this would have to be one of the worst foundations I have ever tried.

I purchased two bottles in Naked 160 and Neutral 220 and both foundations were disappointing.

Comes in a pump dispenser which when I used for the first time pumped out a gloopy mess of oily dirty liquid. I then removed the lid and stirred the foundation and then shook vigorously and after a few pumps it actually looked like foundation.

I didn't like the consistency as it was very thin and runny, felt very oily on my skin.

Foundation application was very sheer and did not even out skintone . Two hours later I didn't even look like I was wearing foundation. Almay claim this is a 16 hour foundation? I don't think so.

My skin appeared oily which is amazing considering how dry skinned I am.

I tried this foundation again the next day and once again pumped out a dirty oily liquid and I had shaken the foundation prior to use.

Both bottles performed the same, both bottles are now in the bin.

The expiry date was 2015 so this was not old product.