April 20, 2014 | 978 users online

Pressed Powders - Paul & Joe - Pressed Face Powder N

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by iciclerain

I got this in 02. It doesn't have much color so the match to my skin color is ok. I was not able to achieve the luminous look that everyone is talking about. Although I can see the tiny shimmering particles in the powder it just doesn't do much for me. I have found better liquid products for that glow. will not buy this one again

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by waxlips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good:
- didn't cause breakouts or ecxema on my reactive skin
- complected with very good sponge
Neutral:
- yellow undertone (#2)
- contains small-dispersed glitter
Negative:
- accentuate on dry patches
- looks quite caky
In general - nothing special! Will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by chia021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have hit pan and completely finished my Paul & Joe Pressed Powder N in the shade 02. I would say that this shade will match a NC20 to NC25 skin colour. It doesn't really deposit much color, but instead seems to give your complexion an amazing luminosity. If you swatch this on your hand, it looks somewhat matte until you go under some bright lights and you'll definitely notice some slight shimmers. Mind you, i hate shimmery powders but it doesn't make you look like a glitter bomb.

They sell it in individual refils that cost SGD45, and they have promotions so it's definitely worth buying in my opinion! You can fit these pans in the cute Anna Sui Powder Cases as well, which i find really nifty.

It does finish really fast though. Maybe because it's such a soft powder and any tool will pick up the powder really well. I love it and will definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the way this makes my skin look. It just makes my face glow. I have this in 03. The shimmer in it is so flattering. And the texture is so smooth and easy to apply. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 3:56:00 AM More reviews by solai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder comes in a very nice packaging. The powder however, is only average. I have shade 01, which the SA said is a sort of highlighter but the shade goes on me as a normal face powder. The shade is a very light and shimmery so it's not the bets powder for that use because of the shimmer. Although the shade is slightly yellowish, it goes well as an all purpose powder for fair skin as it doesn't cover much. Sadly, the powder contains mineral oil so I'd repurchase only for the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

This is definitely my favorite pressed powder. It is so very finely milled, that when I swirl my brush in it powder chunks go flying everywhere. There are also shimmers in it, which some people may hate, but I really love. I have found that it gives off a light-reflecting quality which detracts from blemishes and imperfections. The shimmer is also not noticeable on your face. So this eliminates the shine from my face, while also adding a soft glow like porcelain. I have this in shade 01, which is a stark white shade however it melts into my NC15 skin. Shade 02 is suitable for NC20+ skin, but it made my face orange after applying throughout the day. This is a great glowy, finely milled pressed powder that I have been searching for ages and have not found until now. (Even Chanel Rosee pressed powder fails next to this). It is truly a shame that Paul & Joe cosmetics are not more widely available in the U.S. I purchased mine at Bergdorf Goodman in NYC for $36.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by visee

I have this in shade 04, which is a light lavender with micro shimmer. I use this mainly for highlighting and brightening my skin, which I find really effective. I also apply this lightly on my under-eye area, and it helps to lighten my dark circles. The shimmer is quite subtle and you can only see it close up.

I really like the pretty compact as well, but the attached puff is completely useless and is hard and spongey. I use a brush to apply the powder instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by kuu

I love this I have in 01 with I'm afraid it will too light for me but I can't use 02 cause it make my face look drop.This is a perfect powder to be an overall finishing powder for me but it's have shimmer a lot but it subtle and cute I prefer glow effect I'm a dewy girl so this is perfect powder for me plus super duper cute package pink pearl case with paul&joe logo look like some seashell for mermaid!!! I love it

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by jamandbutter

I think the reviewer below, Miranets, has said everything i wanted to say in my review.

Raves:

I love the color match, which is a major deciding factor for me when I re-purchase powders. I'm an NC/NW 25-30 depending on the product and Shade 02 is perfect for me.

The powder has subtle shimmers which makes me look radiant.

Coverage is good, which is a real plus for me.

Packaging is very pretty. Pink compact.

Rant:

Oil control isn't very good.

Overall, I think this is an above average product if you can find a shade that matches.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by miranets

This is different from the original pressed powder, a new release during Xmas 07 but will be a permanent. The N probably stands for nuance, meaning there is shimmer in the finish. I have this in 002 (neutral light-medium beige) and 005 (ltd ed Int'l release, not avail in Japan, tad darker than 002). The finish of these powders is superb, coverage is only for highlighting so you have to have a smooth complexion to start with. The iridescence is created by warm toned shimmers, ultra refined gold glimmer. I have NC30 skin with strong yellow undertones and 002 suits me perfectly. I actually get a lot of comments about my complexion when I use this, it is so subtle that it doesn't look like makeup at all, but there is just a glow to the skin.

My only gripe is these ultra fine powders never last long on the skin, and you have to have pretty good skin to start with to bring out the best of the powder. I have oily skin which means the powder lasts a few hours at most and I don't like to retouch as it adds sheen. I do use a mattifying base to help keep shine breakthrough away longer. One can use a heavier hand for evenings.