Principal Secret Advanced Gentle Enzyme Treatment

4.1

Propylene Glycol, Aluminum Starch Ocetenylsuccinate, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparafin, Laureth-7, Titanium Dioxide, Papian, Ylang Ylang (Cananga Odorata) Oil, Tangerine (Cirtus Reticulata) Oil

on 12/7/2013 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't think this product does anything for me. My face feels no different after use. My mom is a strong believer in Victoria Principal and has been using her line for many, many years. The only reason I tried this was because my mom had extras. I definitely would not pay the full price for it. Really doesn't do anything at all for my skin.

on 6/24/2010 11:46:00 PM

I've been wanting to try Principal Secret products for YEARS but never wanted to join a "club" to do so. Well, I scored a couple of the Advanced Gentle Enzyme Treatment Tubs (unopened) at auction a couple of months ago and have used this product several times.

I do LIKE this product but not enough to pay full price. It seems to even out my skin tone somewhat. It certainly helps brighten my complexion. It removes dull surface skin. I don't really think my skin is softer but it seems smoother post use. However; I really feel that I get superior results with Good Skin's Citra-Peel Pads if I leave them on for 15 - 30 minutes before using the neutralizer pads (not 5 minutes).

So, I can recommend PS Gentle Enzyme Treatment IF you get it at a good price (about half of the $32 plus retail). I'm uncertain if they actually have this particular item but they still have an enzymatic mask.

3 Lippies for being a good, not great, but good skin care treatment (after several uses).

on 3/16/2010 2:11:00 PM

This is my favorite beauty product in the world! After using it, my skin looks remarkably smooth, clear, and bright. I have ultra-sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate at all. I use it once a week and sometimes if I have somewhere special to go, I will use it that morning.

I recently went to a dermatologist's office for some other issues, and the nurse couldn't believe how old I was and said I probably get that a lot. I told her about this treatment and she said she wondered if that was why my skin looked so great!

on 6/15/2009 1:23:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. This is the first time I've used it and I left it on for quite a long time and when I washed it off, I've never seen my skin look more radiant! My pores were completely cleaned out and look almost invisible - and this is such a feat considering I have large pores and blackheads which I have tried a gazillion products to no avail. This one actually works like magic! My skin also feels much smoother and finer. And all that after 1 application! I'm just about to purchase my second jar to start stocking up on it. Definitely a keeper.

on 2/7/2009 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have never been disappointed in Victoria Principal's products. I have been using her products for about 2 years now, and my skin has never looked so good. This gentle enzyme treatment is amazing. I have sensitive skin, and this does the job. I use it once every 2 weeks and my skin feels so soft and radiant. Everytime I have tried another skin care line, I always go back to Principal Secret!

on 12/27/2008 3:23:00 PM

I absolutely love this mask. It leaves my skin soft, clean, fresh and healthy. It is gentle and doesn't irritate. I have mild rosacea and continued use of a number of Principal Secret products has really helped keep the redness to a minimum. Its worth every penny to me!

on 7/20/2007 2:16:00 PM

This does not have argirlene in it so I used it. I have combo/sensitive skin. This is a great enzyme cream, it smells light and goes on great (read the directions). I put it on then steam my face with chamomile tea and it works great. My all time favorite enzyme creams are; Pevonia Enzymo-Spherides Peeling Cream, Elemis Papaya Peel, and this Advanced Gentle Enzyme Treatment from Principal Secret.

on 6/18/2007 6:05:00 AM

Several weeks ago something reset on here and I've lost my password, so here's my first review under my backup account... What a pain?! Anyway, I bought a tub of this off eBay after reading the good reviews here. I've only used it once and my mum's used it once too. For reference I have sensitive combo skin and this didn't cause any irritations. Not exactly sure if I had used it correctly as I don't have any instructions to follow. So I washed my face then spread this on and waited 20 mins before rinsing off. The initial effect is really quite impressive. All pores have shrunk and my skin looked really refined. It does leave a white cast if you don't wash off thoroughly. I was able to have this better complexion for about 2 days and then I had this strange peeling of skin, sheets of skin was coming off my face, but once they came off it looked perfectly fine. So why have I given it an overall rating of 5? This works brilliantly for my mum who doesn't have weird sensitive skin like I do. This makes her skin smooth and significantly less lined. I will keep using it because I'm not sure the flaking is completely to do with this as I've changed practically everything in my daily routine. So yes, will repurchase. Edit 20/07/07: No, even the 2nd time I used it I noticed it was doing something strange to my skin... but on the 3rd try the skin on either side of my mouth became really irritated and big white bumps had formed. Not breakout type of bumps, but like insect bites! Well, that's the last time I'll ever use it... but it still works very well for my mum so I've changed the rating to 3 lippies.

on 3/19/2007 9:55:00 AM

Very effective enzyme treatment. I've paid a lot at a spa for this type of papain enzyme treatment and the results are the same. My skin is very soft and toned and looks great after using this. I have sensitive/combo skin.

on 9/29/2006 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the greatest enzyme product I ever have used! I have very sensitive skin and actually could not use any of the PS skin creams because they made my overly sensitive skin red and itchy. So here comes PS' peel product and it gives me super smooth and evenly toned skin without an iota of irritation or reaction from my skin. Highly recommend this for all of us 'sensitive' types!

Popular Masks