October 26, 2014 | 873 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Concealer Twins... Green and Natural

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I love this product, I hate the packaging. So unhygienic. I love how much pigment is in the green half, though and the natural side is a good tone for under my eyes. It covers well and sets quickly. I will probably buy the yellow one as well. I just wish that these would come in tubes or something that doesn't have an applicator stored in the product. I use the green side for acne and I don't want those germs in the product so I use it off of the back of my hand.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by ILikeCakeAndIceCream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've bought this product many times. Green corrector takes some getting used to so I switched around a bit before coming back to this.

Pros: The green does tend to minimize redness. It blends well and is easily covered with the other end or by your foundation. You may also dab a dot on the back of your hand and blend with a bit of moisturizer and use as a primer if you have all over redness. I found that if you have acne discoloration like myself or rosacea, this is a much better way of applying rather than trying to hit every spot and blend. Read the ingredients on both the concealer and moisturizer to make sure the bases (oil or water) match to blend or they will not blend properly. Same goes for concealer, foundation, and moisturizer.

Cons: I do not like the packaging at all. The reusable sponge is unsanitary and introduces bacteria into the tube (horrible for breakouts). I suggest using Q-tips or applying with a concealer brush and washing daily. The natural end does not give a great amount of coverage. I feel like the Physician's Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick has a slightly heavier coverage but that does not blend well with my foundation.

I've bought this item several times but every time I seem to want to try something else. Not spectacular but not horrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by stormm

The light side of this concealer is too light for my skin, so I use it as an undereye concealer but it does not do a good job since it's very watery. The green side, I use it on the red acne scars on my face. I just apply a thin layer with a separate concealer brush and then put on my foundation. Since I use a full coverage foundation, it hides the green tint pretty well and I can say that the green concealer makes a difference when hiding blemishes. But you need to cover up the weird green tint somehow, if you're using a light foundation it would probably show up under it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by saban

This is a pretty decent dream concealer. It has a green correcting end and a light colored concealer. The light is too light for me and the green is really green. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to make it work but with a little experimenting I got good results.

First off I blend a dab of the green with a liquid foundation so that it helps the foundation better cover my redness. This looks much more natural. Then I use a sponge and blend it out by patting it. I use the light as I would a Dior Skinflash and only put it under my eyes and around dark spots to brighten.

I then finish off with powder foundation (stippling it on with MAC 187 brush). I works very well for me and looks very natural.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by vesperholly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only green drugstore concealer I know of (NYX has one but I can't find it in a store). I got this for cheap because I caught both a sale and a massive coupon. Not sure I'd pay full retail price.

The green side is just okay. It's very bright, and I'm not sure how well it really neutralizes redness. If you could get it to spot-apply it would be better, but the consistency is so thin (it IS liquid) that it just spreads all over.

The natural side is really nice for light coverage. It doesn't do much for moderate and up acne, but for undereyes and redness around the nose, very good. This is the concealer I use when I don't really want to wear any makeup, but I need to. It doesn't cake on me at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

While I've come to accept the fact that there's no such thing as the perfect concealer, this concealer isn't bad. It can be difficult to work with, because you really have to make sure to blend and cover the green or it will show through in certain light. Also, I wish they gave you more of the natural shade. I end up using more of that to cover the green, and it seems like they don't fill that side of the tube completely, because I swear, it only lasts a few weeks! I ran out of the natural side of 2 tubes long before I used up all of the green in the first tube. That's my biggest complaint. The concealer itself isnt bad. It does it's job, and I like the creamy consistency.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The natural color is the same concealer as the Physicians Formula Cream concealer, so I already have reviewed that. The green concealer is what I will review right now. I actually really like it, it is the same consistency as the cream concealor, and it really does cover up the red blemishes. What I was using before this was the anti-redness primer from loreal. With that I applied it all over my face however it had some shimmer in it which I did not like because I am trying to control look less shiny, but with this concealer I do more of a spot to spot kind of thing and then blend it out and it is complettely matte.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by jjquan

This product was hard to apply and blend. It is a very creamy, thick and somewhat sticky consistency. Plus, you still had to put concealer on top to help darken the highlight cast that this product leaves. I think that for a couple of dollars more, you could get a good concealer that helps with those under eye circles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Bucephala

This works okay for the red areas of my face (chin, under my nose) but it's not great. I never use the green side because it doesn't do anything except male me look like Kermit the Frog no matter how lightly I apply it. I'm still on the hunt for my grail concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Beirut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't sure how to rate this, because the natural side is the best concealer I have found, but the green side is ridiculously green. This was the first concealer I bought, and I soon discovered that the green was so green that it couldn't even be covered by the natural like the product claimed - it just left me looking a bit zombie-ish. I stopped using the green and found that the natural side alone worked really well to cover anything - be it pimple, scar, scabs even! It blends well, matches my skin, and covers without looking cakey. When I ran out, I wanted to get more without buying the green side, which is useless, but I found that the regular Physician's Formula concealer is not nearly as good - it's dry, doesn't blend, and doesn't match my skin. I wish I could just buy the natural side of this product!