April 18, 2014 | 1833 users online

Makeup Brushes - Cinema Secrets - Brush Cleaner

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Continue* I depot the liquid into three different spray bottle, only one doesn't get stuck, so I guess the liquid is too sticky to spray out, I wish they can change the formula a bit, cause I waist so much product from the spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has got to be one of the best brush cleansers out there. Before this I have used MAC, Sephora brand, and Beauty Blender cleanser for my brushes. I wear long-wearing, full coverage foundation and concealer because of my skin. These are the types of foundation that are hard to remove from your brushes. I also use sigma brushes (face kabuki), and sephora brand brushes that are dense and hard to remove makeup. I would have to use an oil-rinse cleanser like MAC cleanse off oil on my brushes just to make removing foundation from my brushes and then follow up with the cleanser to clean my brushes. I am very strict on getting my brushes clean because I have acne prone skin. I got lazy in cleaning my brushes often so I'd just buy more face brushes which is expensive and wasteful. ALL THAT HAS CHANGED. Thanks to CINEMA SECRETS!
I bought the small version of this to test it. It literally makes washing your brushes easy! Everything comes off using this. With the spray bottle I can spray the cleanser on a cakey, cream-based foundation on a sigma F80 or sephora #56 and watch the foundation melt off the brush just through spraying the stuff on! No hassle at all! This is very good for keeping brushes clean daily through spot cleaning. For deep cleaning I will pour some of it in a container and dip my brush in and rinse it off and it work very well. This does have a vanilla scent to it but it smells almost chemically, but I don't mind it. The brushes dry clean and not dried out. The price also is a lot cheaper for what you get compared to Mac or Sephora brand. I am going to repurchase the largest size of this that I can get.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I said I would purchase again, but BEWARE, despite the claim that this product will not harm brushes, I had two of them have the bristles come out of their handle. My Real Techniques fluffy blush brush and one of my el cheapo ELF eyeshadow brushes came out. I managed to get my Real Techniques brush back into the handle, but my ELF brush needed to go into the garbage can. Glad it can be replaced for only a dollar. It does quickly remove the makeup from the brushes, but heed the instructions to only wet the bottom of larger brushes or you will find yourself with a handful of bristles.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by allielautner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought a couple of these in the spray bottle and holy crap! This stuff works AMAZINGLY. However, the smell, although some people say it's vanilla, is not vanilla. It's pretty nasty. Use it in a well ventilated area. But I don't care because I love how it cleans my brushes. Make sure you get it in the spray bottle packaging because I think using it to soak brushes in is a waste if a bunch of product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by hydeparkmac

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought some today. It left a blue hue on the white of my skunk brushes. Not sure if its because they are Sigma and not MAC. Has anyone else had this problem? Will it fade in time or should I wash out with shampoo?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Bought this stuff from Camera Ready Cosmetics, well it's every bit as fantastic as the other reviewers say it is! This stuff cuts through foundation, gel eyeliner and cream-based products like no other! Love the turpentine scent infused with vanilla. So what I do is pour a little of the cleaner into a bowl, and then dip and swirl each of my brushes in, then dry off with a paper towel. I tend to start with my eye brushes first. It works so effectively on both synthetic and natural hair brushes, and dries ultra-fast. I have the 8oz bottle but I wish I bought the 32 oz bottle because I can see myself going through it quite quickly. Other than that, definitely believe the hype!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Tishy24

It's fantastic. That's all you need to know.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by HES

Love the light vanilla scent of this brush cleaner. PLUS it doesn't contain alcohol!! Great for natural and bristle brushes, but not recommended for synthetic or nylon brushes. Non-sudsy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I have purchased MAC's brush cleanser for the past year. HOWEVER, this stuff is WAY BETTER!! I haven't used it but for about a month, so I am not sure if it will dry out my brushes over time. But it cleans like a gem. Short and sweet.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by piccolamandorla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing and will get your brushes super clean...because it's basically turpentine mixed with conditioner and some vanilla perfume.

Yes, THAT turpentine. Super flammable, clean your house painting brushes and art supplies turpentine.

Your brushes? Super clean, germ free, and conditioned. A drop or two will even de-gunk false lashes. Yes, it's amazing that way and it will prolong the life of your brushes, but it's a hazardous chemical.

As long as you don't smoke while you're cleaning your brushes and make sure to dispose of the chemicals properly, this is a must have.