April 21, 2014 | 934 users online

Cleansers - Tree Hut - Brazilian Nut Foaming Face Wash

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this at Shaw's supermarket for $6.99. It smells great and gets my skin really clean. It removes makeup well, and it removes my stubborn Flirt Lashadelic mascara better than anything else I've tried. It doesn't dry out my skin despite being a foaming gel cleanser, maybe due to the shea butter. I can't find it online, not even on Tree Hut's website (www.treehutshea.com), so I fear it's been discontinued. I hope not, as it's a very good cleanser at a very reasonable price. I may have to go back to Shaw's and stock up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this face wash - it smells wonderful, it foams up really well, a little goes a long way, and my face felt clean after use. So far, one of the best face washes I've ever used. I purchased this at Ross for about $2.00 or so. Would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

I bought this for $2.49 at a discount store. It was a steal for that price, and it is a really nice cleanser to boot. It is very much your standard foaming cleanser, but it does not have a laundry list of sulfates in it (TEA lauryl sulfate is the only one listed). It is a clear gel when you dispense it, and I've found it removes sunscreen, foundation, and eye makeup really well in one wash without leaving my skin ultra dry. The smell is very nutty with a touch of sweetness, which I don't find overwhelming.
That being said, I think I would need a more moisturizing wash for the cooler weather, but for now, this is really great, and I would happily pick up another tube if it weren't so hard to find in stores.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With it's cocoa-nutty fragrance, this smells really nice, but it is just a basic face wash. It doesn't strip my skin, and seems to remove all traces of makeup with one good lathering. I will probably use it at night when I am taking off makeup.

This wash doesn't contain a long list of chemicals like most face washes, but I wouldn't call it "natural" like it says on the label. It has pure shea and Brazilian nut extract in it, but both are past 6 on the ingredient list.

With the huge selection out there, plus the fact that I prefer all natural bar soaps, I probably do not love this enough to re-purchase, unless of course I see it for real cheap, which is the main reason I bought it this time!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by black55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this scent, but I'm not too crazy about this foaming face wash. The face wash doesn't smell as good as the Brazilian Nut body butter or body scrub, but it still smells better than most face washes, which is why I gave it three lippies. The texture is smooth and lathers good, but it doesn't really do anything, good or bad, for my oily skin which is why I won't repurchase.