April 24, 2014 | 2053 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - Femme Fire

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite lipsticks as I tend to be in a pinky/peach phase right now. It goes wonderfully with red hair & Lancome's Paradise Peach gloss. It seems to wear a little longer than most lipsticks IMO but when it does wear off you're left with these odd little chunky sparkles that weren't really noticeable when the color itself was there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This could have been one of my favorite lipsticks just because the color is so soft and pretty. It's not a nude by any means, but the rosy-pinky-beige-ness of it just makes the color so naturally beautiful. However, the reason it's got such a low rating from me is because of the massive amount of glitters, I usually don't mind shimmery lipsticks, but this one not only has chunky shimmers, it totally dries my lips out, to the point where the skin on my lips would just flake off, and all I end up with on my lips are the glitters and dead skin . Every time I wear this my lips becomes chapped at the end of the day, I really want to like it since I like the color so much, but it just keeps on disappointing me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Crista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Much more like lipgloss than lipstick. Very shiny and has quite a bit of glitter. Looks best when layered w/a clear lipgloss IMO. So far I really like it. May become a staple in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by kewlhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lipstick is a sheer, warm, light pink. It has *tons* of shimmer/sparkles, but it is not gritty at all. It applies like a gloss; it's super smooth and applies very easily. Of course, with that application comes the fact that it does wear off relatively quickly. I don't mind applying more frequently than other lipsticks, but some may.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

This lipstick is actually pretty nice. On my skin tone, it is a shimmery nude with a bit of pink to it. It is so pretty and is just a great everyday lipstick and would pretty much go with cool/warm toned eyeshadows. It was pretty glossy and didn't last too however, I would expect a glossy lipstick to last long. I put a light nude lipliner (Annabelle Demure) underneath is and it lasts for hours :) This is worth a try ladies.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by prncss

This lipstick is quite expensive at $33 CAD at Sephora. The SA there recommended this line of lipstick to me when I told her my criteria for a lipstick:
-it applies like a lip gloss
-it is shiny and somewhat sparkly
-it is very moist
-staying power does not matter to me (since I reapply lip gloss a million times a day anyways)

In the end, I opted for the Lorac Lotsa Plumping Lipstick for $22 which had higher pigmentation on my lips. However, when I saw this on ebay for $10 I scooped it up.

When I apply this on the back of my medium-tanned skin, it looks like a nice orangey-red with a nice shimmer. This shade is hard to describe. It is not a vibrant red and it is closer to orangey-tones, which I thought was very refreshing to the usual creamy white colors that I love.

This lipstick goes on very smooth and it glides very easily across the lips. I do not even need lip chap and I can use it alone on my dry lips. The lipstick works great as a moisturizer alone. When applied, this lipstick is not the same color as the swatch on my hand. It ends up turning out to be a light baby pink. It is not very noticeable and the shimmer does not show. In fact, it appears more like a matte color than a shimmery color which sort of disappointed me. I will continue to use the rest because I like the way that it applies like a lipgloss without the fuss of having to unscrew the lip and pull the applicator out, like a lip gloss would require.

However, if you are looking for a lipstick with staying power then you will definitely not like this product. It has no staying power whatsoever. Though I still love this, I will not be repurchasing and will look for other brands that apply as the same shade as it looks in the tube. Also, if you are considering this, do not pay full price for it. You can buy brand new testers which come in the black plastic tube instead of the silver aluminum tubes for 1/3 of the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can I give this a negative rating? A minus 1 lippie?

Thankfully I didn't pay full retail price on this, I got it on Ebay for half the price. Yes, its a lovely pinky-beige with soft shimmer, but it doesn't stay on! I spent the whole day reapplying this. Let me just say for the record that I don't lick my lips or rub them together and usually I'm so careful when I eat that I still have lipcolor on after a meal. The real test was when I put this on a 4pm, went to a ceremony where I just sat and then returned to my office. At 6pm I looked and it was gone.

There is NO POINT to buying a lipstick that doesn't last. period.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by lauradfromnc

This was GWP. I am not normally a fan of Lancome lipsticks nor of nude lipsticks. This is the one exception. I LOVE, LOVE< LOVE it. This is a very creamy and moisturizing formula with just a touch of sparkle. The color is a beigy, pinky, nude that is extemely flattering on my nw 20 skintone. It can be changed with a gloss of most any shade over the top but I rarely do this since I like the staying power of the lipstick with out gloss over it. It lasts several hours and is a joy to reapply. No lipliner necessary. This gives you a lip that is nude without looking dead and is a little bit special due to the shade and the touch of shimmer. Highly recommend.