December 17, 2014 | 1735 users online

Styling Products - Kevin Murphy - Motion Lotion / Hair Screen

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Bellaluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is awesome. It's a fairly runny cream that smells herbal and kind of strange but wow does it ever deliver. I have long hair to the middle of my back and it gives me bombshell waves with almost no effort. I scrunch it into damp hair and then use butterfly clips to twist it up then let it air dry. Sometimes I speed it up with a diffuser but it's especially great because there's no crunch or grease as long as I don't use too much. This is a fantastic line if you like the beachy, undone look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by wysiwyg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What I love about this -- doesn't weigh down my fine, dry hair; seals out moisture (read, humidity, dew), and helps hold style.

I add a little squirt (about 2 drops) to anti.gravity (liquid), run it through damp hair and blow dry -- gives my cantakerous, fine, wavy, plentiful hair style that holds, even day 2.

What you need to know -- it's got some mineral oil in it. What that does is seal out moisture and help counteract the flatness that my wavy, cowlick-y hair wants to revert to if I think about water. For all you curly-girl routine folks out there, you'll need to use something as a surfectant at least once in a while to remove build up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by kmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best stuff for curls/waves ever! Controls frizz,enhances curls/waves,good hold (I don't even need to top it off with gel or mousse),soft,non-crunchy,moveable,perfectly controled hair! I'm so mad at myself for not trying this sooner!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best hair product in the entire world. It smells like hippies though and costs all the dollars.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by INEM

My hairdresser first recommended this product to me few years back. I used it until the entire bottle finished but decided not to re-purchase because I wanted to try other brands.

I just cut my hair into a short bob again recently. It's Summer here and the weather has been particularly humid. Whenever I air dried my hair, it would be a tad frizzy, went flat with flyaways and sticked out to different angle. I have fine, thin, curly, black Asian hair.
I put this product on my damp hair, distribute it evenly then dry my hair with a hairdryer using only my fingers. My hair becomes full, tidier with curls in all the right places and with no annoying flyaways!

But please use sparingly if your hair tends to be oily like mine. Best to start with a really tiny amount when your hair is still damp then you can always add extra amount when it's dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by shamima

this my HG curly hair treatment. it is quite expensive and difficult to find - i can only buy it at my hair salon. it comes in a square shaped bottle kind of like those method containers, and it has a clean scent. it is a lotion texture, and while the name makes me laugh, it works wonders on my crazy frizzy hair. i use it after i shower and i always air dry my hair. it leaves it wonderfully soft, in beautiful waves, with no frizz! it is like magic. i have repurchased it many times.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by modernnomad

The best product ever invented for bringing out and defining your natural wave.

I have no idea how I ever lived before finding this product. AMAZING.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by HairProf

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bloody amazing stuff

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by abbyyyy

I am really enjoying this product so far. Recently got rid of all bad cones in my hair routine in an attempt to sort out my dry, frizzy curls. I brought some of the pureology super smooth line shampoo and conditioner, and got rid of my morrocan oil and matrix curl life milk, as they all had cones in them. I went to a high end shampoo store and asked them if they had any styling products for curls that were light weight and didn't contain cones. The assistant there was very nice, and told me that all of the kevin.murphy lines attempt to be clean and organic type products. I looked at the list of ingredients, and one reviewer said it contains dimithecone shouldn't worry, because it contains PEG-12 dimithecone (aslo know as dimethicone copolyol), which is a water soluble product that does not build up or coat the hair.

It smells great, it has really grown on me. At first I was a bit put off because I thought it smelled like a hippie commune, but now I really enjoy it and find myself picking up the bottle to sniff occasionally. I think that the bottle it comes in is adorable and practicable, the cap keeps it secure, it is easy to get product out and you can also place it back in the tube if you mistakenly get too much out, easy to travel with, compact and small yet a similar amount of product to most other brands that same way. Will definitely repurchase even though it is a bit on the pricey side.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by hebamo

I got some samples of this product from my hairdresser so I decided to try it out. I have wavy/curly hair that I just cut pretty short and I like to make the curls defined and soft so I tried this. The product itself is milky and for me it got kind of all over the place, which was kind of annoying. The main thing that bothered me about that it smells so bad that it offended my senses, and my mom. It smells like a toxic waste dump. I scrunched it in my hair and diffused it a little bit. Now, while it did leave my hair feeling a little bit like plastic, it made my curls look really nice and soft and added volume. I don't think I'll use this again because the smell is just so offensive.