August 20, 2014 | 1975 users online

Styling Products - Kevin Murphy - Anti Gravity

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by AllySchoen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a professional hairstylist, this is my number one product choice for myself and my clients. However, I feel your stylist needs to tell you what to expect when buying it! Do NOT be afraid to use a lot of this product, roots to ends. It's a weightless formula so it won't weigh your hair down! Usually my clients don't use enough so they don't see the results. The few reviews say it make the hair sticky or tacky, it's supposed to! I tell my clients and other stylists that this is actually the texture you're looking for to see if you've used enough. If you Power dry the product into the hair, (don't smooth the cuticle, truly powerdry/"push" product into the hair) and expect to look a little like a lion for a few minutes! THEN, go though and curl and you will see the shine and touch ability come through! The tackiness is necessary, especially because"soft" hair doesn't hold curl! But it goes away after using heat tools, and your curl will last for days. The reason we powerdry/blast it into the hair... if you smooth smooth smooth, well that is what the hair will revert back to eventually after curling. But by blasting it all in, your hair won't revert back to smooth because that wasn't the initial setting, make sense!? And my FAVORITE part of this product is that the lavender is actually a natural sebum equalizer = helps with greasy scalps!! I can go 3-4 days NO problem. I require ALL of my brides to let me wash and pack their hair with this product and my updos hold every time! The spray is wonderful as well, a great way to add more half way through blow drying if you feel more is needed, or a great spray for dry hair before you curl, especially because the spray contains the heat protection. So not only does it help the curl hold it also protects up to 428 degrees (I use on all my prom ladies if I don't have time to do a full wash with the ag creme) So if you are still using hairspray on dry hair BEFORE curling... Please stop! It bakes alcohol into the hair (ouch!) Anti gravity spray is what to use instead :) Hope this helps! I feel so strongly about how it's changed the way I do my clients hair I wanted share! Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by wysiwyg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, this brand violates one of my key rules of beauty products -- it's not remotely easy to track down.

The inconvenience is well worth it! My hair is fine, abundant, wavy in places (read, the back of my head, not the top), laden with cowlicks, age-related hormonally temperamental -- a challenge that has sent me far and wide through hair products in the last year. It wants to lay flat; it (the straight parts in particular???) wants to frizz -- particularly in morning air or a thought of humidity above 50%. In other words, my hair has been a disaster.

I've been using this (the liquid version) for about 3 weeks. It adds a natural looking lift along my scalp -- I'm not talking bouffant by any means; it counteracts my hair's interest in flattening to my head like Alfalfa from Lil Rascals. It (combined with another Kevin.Murphy product - a few drops Motion.Lotion) adds smooth body to my hair that doesn't go wonky in wet, humid weather. It's managing my few crazier, coarse grays. Just wish it were easier to find and that they sold this by the gallon. I love, love, love this!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by harrisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Anti.Gravity gives my fine hair more volume than any other product I've ever tried. But it also makes my hair dry and crispy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So, my hair is fine, limp, soft and without any noticable volume or texture. Itīs long, not colour-treated and although itīs fine, I have lots of hair.
My hair tends to be more oily at the roots and my ends are healthy, but sometimes need a little moisture.
Almost anything weighs my hair down and Iīm the type of customer, that wants big hair, but not necessarily wants to pile tons of product and have a gritty feeling.When I run my fingers through my hair, I donīt want to feel crunchy, knotted hair.
I tried different products and brands, but found out, that Kevin Murphy makes the best "feels-as-if-you-have-nothing-in-your-hair" products. In my case, thatīs a huge plus for his products and I plan to test even more products from Kevin Murphy as I liked the ones I tried so far.
So, the anti-gravity is an oil-free volumizer. It comes in a square plastic bottle and you simply squeeze the product out. The product looks like a slightly tinted gel.
The smell is very clean with a lavender perfume, that is not too overpowering.
Iīm pleased, that it doesnīt contain silicones, which are the death of my hair and just ruining any volume in my hair.
I use anti gravity on damp hair by putting a small amount on my hands, rubbing them together and spreading the product evenly first in the mid-lenghts and ends and then in the roots. The amount of product depends on your hair, so just start with a small amount. I am always careful not to put too much product on, but with this one, you donīt have to worry of getting gritty hair.
After that, I just blow dry my hair upside down. When Iīm almost done, I take a large round brush and use it while blow drying to give my hair a little extra volume. Easy and takes no time at all.
The result is soft hair, but at the same time texture and volume. I donīt want to fool you and say your hair looks like a huge Brigitte Bardot teased hair when you use this.
But it adds some volume and texture while leaving your hair feeling good. I can run my fingers through my hair and I like the feeling of it.
This is probably a "boyfriend/husband friendly" styling product, because you can play with your hair, touch your hair and it feels good and smells nice.
I definitely recommend this styling product even to people who normally hate styling products. And of course for people with fine thin hair, that needs volume and a little (!) texture.
It makes my hair look better and more polished with a light as air finish, that doesnīt weigh my hair down. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do love this product for several reasons. It makes my hair soft, manageable and gives it a bit of volume. It works perfectly with my beloved Davines Relaxing Fluid for hold, smoothness and body. I have somewhat straight, thick long hair. I gave it a 4, since it really doesn't provide significant volume, just a little lift. I will continue to buy due to other positive features. The lavender/earthy scent is very strong, so beware if you're allergic to scents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not looking for hold or product-heavy texture. What I want for my fine, flat hair is a little lift. Anti Gravity does it better than anything else I've ever tried. I rub a small pea-sized glob between my hands, then rub it into my hair at the roots and pull whatever is left through the strands. My hair gets just the right amount of volume, so that it looks natural and feels clean. For me, Anti Gravity is a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I happened upon some Kevin Murphy videos on youtube and read all the rave reviews for Anti Gravity. It sounded like the answer to my hair prayers so I ordered from a bottle from amazon.com. I was really excited about what Kevin Murphy said in one of his videos--his products don't contain any silicones because silicones are the death of hold. Yes, I agree!

Unfortunately, Anti Gravity doesn't do a damn thing for my hair. Nothing. Zero. Zilch. It has a lovely clean lavendar fragrance and gives me a the tiniest bit of volume, but that's it. I can't get any volume or hold with Anti-Gravity. The product is very light, almost like a gel, and dries without any crunchiness. Unfortunately, it doesn't give me any hold or texture. My hope was that I could use Anti-Gravity with my curling iron/hot rollers to keep the curl in my hair, but it's not the miracle product I thought it would be. Oh well, I guess that's my own fault. .

Oh, and I have to say that the packaging is lousy. I think a sleek tube or bottle would've been much nicer than a bottle shaped like a box. It's so awkward to handle and doesn't really save me any space, if that was his idea. Just weird.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really sorry to be the one to break the positive vibe here, I love Kevin Murphys policies, formulas, packaging etc. in general, but this product did nothing for my hair. I have lots of fine hair and no matter how little product I used, it made my hair feel sticky. I could not get it to work on my roots either, it would only poof lower sections of my hair. And the smell is too much, I think. A really overpowering lavender scent, not fake or anything, smells of 'real' lavender, but it's just too strong for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by nrepin

Amazing. With this I could style my naturally wavy hair straight or leave it wavy with volume, no frizz, no sticky feeling and hair that stayed put all day long. Lavender smell was also great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by snowflakegirl

I usually can't go anywhere near nice salon-y products as I either react to them or they weigh my hair down so it looks greasy after half an hour! However I've been using this now for a few years and it is completely indispensable, once it's on my hair it's not noticeable but if I run out you really do notice the difference! Definitely gives my hair volume which lasts all day, and I think it makes it less fuzzy in bad hair weather. The lavender smells lovely and my hairdresser told me it's actually quite protective &calming for the hair ( not as a sales pitch, she knew I would always buy it anyway!).