October 30, 2014 | 1661 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Lava lamp lip polish

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2006 11:49:00 PM More reviews by kurikumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is watery and runny, i had the purple and clear one, raspberry i think? it leaked too. it sucked.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2004 9:36:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a product junkie and this has the distinction of being the only product I have thrown away within 3 days of buying. Looked so cute in the tube with the little bubbles. I got the purple one, not sure what flavor, Raspberry something? Burny sensation, and yep, the back of throat weidness the first reviewer described. Who tests these things? People? Or was so much invested in the idea they launced it anyway before it was perfected?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2003 8:48:00 AM More reviews by HeavenlySweet98

I got this as a birthday gift a couple years ago..nasty. Stinks, poisioning taste,very runny. Doesn't look good on. & doesn't stay on. I wouldn't even pay .50 for it!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2003 10:43:00 PM More reviews by rociox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bad taste and runny ... there are 10000000 glosses that are way better, even vaseline works and tastes better than this :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2003 10:24:00 PM More reviews by crushedenvy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well I work at Dollar Tree and we got this in, so I was tempted to buy it, so I did. I bought the Mello Mellon flavour. I agree it is a cheap gloss, super runny and doesn't taste good... the smell on the mellon one smells like watermellon and isn't too hasrsh smelling, I actually like it. But overall it just isn't a good gloss.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2003 5:21:00 PM More reviews by koukla1

it's ok. The flavor is too strong, very cinnammony, and the gloss goes on a bit too thin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2002 9:21:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with Haloinrverse. This is the worst lip product ever made. It's just super sweet oil in a tube. I did notice that it made my lips "hot" when I applied it. It had no color to it whatsoever. It didn't shine or polish my lips in any way. It did nothing at all besides make my lips feel greasy. I gave it to my 13 year old little sister. She loved it (to lick it off her lips constantly). Whatever.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2002 11:13:00 PM More reviews by haloinrverse

this is hands down the most disgusting thing ever made. the concept is that there are two liquids of different viscocities, and when you shake the tube, the colored liquid breaks into droplets, like a lava lamp.
the problem with that is that it looks like its rancid fat. the smell is ok, but the taste is something to remember. this tastes EXACTLY like the flouride treatments i got as a child. the saccharine taste is unbearable. i mean, reallllly gross.
ive tried to wear this a few times, and the staying power is zero, but that could be because i cant stop licking my lips in disbelief of the taste. it makes them feel kind of hot. not burning, just hot....somehow, the taste works its way to the back of your throat in one second. its like sweet n low, but liquid grease.
the worst part is that when you pull the wand out, the colored layer clings to it in droplets, and threatens to drip off. you cant imagine now horrible this stuff is. continued >>