December 19, 2014 | 1514 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - Eye Shadow Quad in Marrakesh

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

I love it.. I don't love it enough to splurge on this product.. the colours are amazing let me tell you that! I love the pigmentation, the colours are so lovely aswell.. the bottom left shade looks gold in the palette but applied it looks like super orgasm! pinky gold shimmer.. I love it.

The downside is that the quad is small and the compact is big,, so it just looks a little like a rip off to me. If I were rich I would purchase it again but I'm not.. sorry I'm going to have to let this go..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by razzledooda

I am fair skinned and really love this palette. I bought it a couple of years ago from the now defunct TJ Hughes for <10. Bargain. I think it might be discontinued? Anyway, there are 4 pans of shadow: gold, mid/deep brown and 2 rose gold colours. All have some degree of shimmer, however the shimmer is not OTT and doesn't look glittery or sparkly. To me, it is just the right amount to make your eyes pop. I know some of the previous reviews have complained that the size of the shadows is smaller than Stila's usual size. Even so, the sizes are generous and even with frequent use have lasted a long time for me. I find the gold colour used alone with dramatic liquid eyeliner is my standard look. Sometimes I use the pinks on top for a bit more colour. The brown can be used for contouring/blending but I am too lazy usually. Heh. The quality of the shadows is good and I have no complaints about pigmentation.

I deducted points because the 2 pink colours look v similar and I don't use 3/4 colours very often.

The packaging is ok. Not bad, but not special. Silver plastic with flowers, seems fairly robust, mirror on inside is good size for makeup application on the go.

I still love this palette and have bought a backup palette in case I ever run out. I notice this is on sale at Argos right now and is <5.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by bumblebeebramley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so lucky to stumble on this product recently for $15 (Australian), I love Stila eyeshadows, they always have such great colour payoff - and this one doesn't disappoint. The shades are beautiful, and work very well on my dark (NC42) skin. Love the packaging as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by flawlesswannabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was lucky to find this product for a total steal when on holiday in another state, I was so excited to try it and I'm so glad I got it. It is just beautiful, I think the standout shade is the brown shade, it looks amazing as a crease colour on my blue/green eyes. The texture is smooth and so blendable, I love the brown in the crease with the pink on the lid or the gold on the lid. The only colour I just don't know what to do with is the top right colour, however it is a really lovely colour so I'm sure you lovely ladies would be able to do beautiful things with it. Read on for swatches

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I am pretty disappointed by this quad. I have purchased Stila eyeshadows before and the pigmentation and quality was always great. The colors are really gorgeous in the pots and I thought it would come up lovely on my darker skin. WRONG. The two pinks and the gold have hardly any pigmentation and it just leaves my eyelids glittery without any color. I looked like I was trying to use a little girl's makeup set.Too bad because this quad had potential.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by starrysim

First of all, I adore Stila shadows and I love the Montmartre quad. I was thrilled to receive Marrakesh in a swap. When I opened it, it took my breath away, the colours are gorgeous. Unfortunately, they just don't show up on my skin and look very unremarkable. Maybe they would work better on darker skin? I'm so sad these don't work for me. I'd love to find some mac dupes of the lighter shades.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this from Costco for under $16 -- it came in a blister pack with mascara, liner and a brush. I'm really glad it was relatively cheap, because I'm not impressed with the shadows. It's been a long time since I've bought Stila, and now I remember why! The shimmer is really, really overpowering. And it's too bad, because the colors are just lovely. The darkest color, a deep rose, is fabulous and the least shimmery of the four. The other three are just way too sparkly for my taste. The two lightest colors barely show up on my skin--except for the shimmer, which shines like a beacon. They don't have good staying power, even with a primer underneath. If you feel compelled to try these, save yourself a lot of money and buy the Wet n' Wild Paradise Cove eyeshadow palette. I have it, and it is similar to the Stila quad, except less shiny and way cheaper. Comparable in quality, too -- really!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Momeramas

I love the packaging. It is sturdy yet pretty. But the colors are way too shimmery for me - I prefer more matte shades. There is one dark color that is less glittery, but that hardly justifies me holding on to the whole pallette. Also, the colors in this quad don't seem to go together.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by cjmar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette is decent, but not worth MSRP of $38! The palette is smaller than most Stila palettes, with the shadows being about the size of a nickel. The shadows seem to be of lesser quality than what I expect from Stila, they are almost crumbly and are not as soft and buttery as usual (not that these shadows aren't great quality - they are! But they feel different from regular Stila shadows). I love the dark liner color, it has flecks of dark pink or red shimmer in it. This palette is great for everyday looks, but for those who own the Pon Pon Gerbera trio, save your money because these two palettes are very similar with the exception that there's a gold color in the Marrakesh.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by trana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Each color is unique and beautiful but it can be difficult to figure out how these colors go together. The textures are great, packaging is great, and each color individually is very beautiful. I am sure to get some miles out of this one and I do not regret purchasing, but I think I wont repurchase only because I like trying new things and there are other new Stila products/palettes I want to try.

Added later: After further use, I will probably buy this again. The colors actually do go together, just refer to their website and they have a tutorial. I especially like the yellow-gold color. It is gorgeous. Glad I bought this.