December 18, 2014 | 1168 users online

Moisturizers - Physiogel - Physiogel Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by greenfluff123

This is my night time go-to face cream. 200ml lasts me a whole year :) And I have gone through 3 or 4. You do the math :)

It is very moisturising and doesn't burden the skin. However I would suggest to only use at night, it will make your skin look shiny and possibly greasy when you are out and about. Rinse it off your face in the morning and it feels very good!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by hitherto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I couldn't find a page for the lotion so I'm leaving my review here.

I love this lotion! When I stopped Accutane, my skin became oily again and upon the advice of my dermatologist, I started using Retin-A. As my skin has always been sensitive, this did not go well... at all. My skin was red all time and covered in whiteheads. I also had about 5 small pimples on my face at all times. I kept thinking that I just needed to keep using it for my skin to adjust to it but it just got worse and worse.

I tried to calm my skin down with moisturisers but all of them made me break out even more (REN Global Day Cream, Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Lotion - this stung!). I had initially purchased Physiogel Lotion for the skin of my body but decided to try it on my face. It was better almost immediately!

It has been 8 days since I've stopped using everything except Dermalogica's Ultra Calming Cleanser, Physiogel Lotion and spot-treating with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide gel and my skin looks a million times better.

If you have highly irritated skin that's itchy and sensitive, just give this a go. Cleanse it gently, slather this stuff on and leave it alone. It doesn't clog pores so you've got nothing to lose.

HG product for life!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by Tiffyxoxo

I typically have combination skin but not too long ago -for some unfortunate reason- my skin went crazy. Yes. My cheeks(near to my nose area) and nose were flaky. On the good days, it was less red. I tried all I could. When I was in perth, my normal moisturizer didnt make it and my skin was flaky like mad and red too just like this. I had bought invite e vitamin e cream in perth and it worked wonders. I had turned back to it but it failed me... Along with my cetaphil moisturiser too. On the advice of a store assistant (bad advice) I got Avene lotion. Mighty pricey in Singapore :-( It didnt do shit for me other than making me broke.(I'm a student so yeah). I went to another store and on the advice of another assistant (a different store of course) I got physiogel cream. It worked alright! MY flakyness went away. Its not that cheap though.. For 75ml I'm paying 22.90SGD. Also I have used it pretty quickly... (2 months plus?) I like to wash my face and pat my face till damp then I'd add my cream. I feel that it feels lighter this way. However, I feel that if you have oily skin you should stay away as it might be too heavy? I mean it's lightweight and all, but it's gonna make your skin SHINE. Because my now (back to) combination skin gets oily after a bit. So do be wary. I have no major issues with the tube packaging though I'm nearing the end of finishing it up.. It's a pain in the ass in trying to get it out! It's not bad neither is it my HG product. Instead I'm looking for better alternatives that have organic oils etc. IE:Renew or sukin? Overall if you are experiencing flakiness as I did. Try it! :-)

note: My flakiness didnt disappear immediately!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by rheks

I used this after reading so many good reviews on it, and it was the worst thing I have ever done. I woke up with the worst rash/breakout I had ever seen. Thankfully I didn't spread it ALL over my face, but the areas I did are totally full of red bumps.

extremely annoying, my skin has just cleared from a different allergic reaction.

If you have extremely sensitive skin, do not use this, there is an ingredient in it, that can cause contact dermatitis as well as other pore clogging ingredients if you have sensitive skin.

Worst cream I have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by thegabrielerheterson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

A holy grail product. I couldn't count how many time I have failed to dump this thing and get a new one that I like better. It does feel oily/greasy putting on eventhough how little it was but it leaves my skin baby-soft when I wake up. Nice moisturizer for acne-prone skin. Just a pea-size is enough for the whole face. Love it. Eventhough it says non-camedogenic, I found myself that it could still clog your pore if put on too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my new favorite moisturizer! This is so mild and moisturizing. I thought that the heavy consistency of this cream would make my acne prone and oily skin worst but on the contrary it aided in controlling enough moisture to my skin. For me, this is even better than the other expensive and drugstore moisturizers I tried in the past. It's even better than EL's Advanced Timezone Moisturizer and Hydrationist that both made my skin too oily. Just to give you a brief backgrounder of my skin and regimen, my face is prone to pimples and milia. After reading reviews, I finally found the perfect combos I use Avene Cleanance wash (pm), Physiogel wash (am), Clindamycin Solution as toner (am & pm), Retin A (every other night), sunscreen (am) and this cream (am before sunscreen & pm after Retin A). But be sure to only use pea size of this as excess may only cause your skin to be too oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by durriyah1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying countless products to cure my inflamed/irritated/dehydrated/acne prone skin - this is the product that cured it all! I use the Physiogel cream twice daily after cleansing with my cetaphil (gentle) cleanser and this combination seems to keep away all the redness and pimples... i hope they never discontinue this product!!

At this point I have a few acne scars left (on my cheeks) and i do breakout occasionally but the Physiogel manages to control the breakout.

Again, as everyone's said - its does leave your skin looking oily and shiny...but no product is perfect! Also, i find that it's extra oily around my eyes so I have recently stopped using it there and its helped to get rid of some whiteheads (which i believe were there in the first place because of the physiogel)

And a little goes a long way so my bottle lasts me forever... which is great because this product is not sold in my region...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Cerinah7

This physiogel cream is literally a lifesaver. I have late onset acne in my 20s and after my face gets oily very quickly, clogging my pores and producing cystic acne. My skin type became oily, dehydrated, sensitive. Because of the oiliness I did not dare to use moisturisers as my skin will get clogged up and break out. My dermatologist placed me on doxycycline and differin but my skin felt dehydrated and sensitive and red yet oily! I am pretty sure it was because my skin was dehydrated and needed to produce more oil to compensate. I was prescribed cetaphil as a moisturiser but it makes my skin itch.

Water based cleansers do not hydrate my adequately and I still feel the tightness and itchiness. I have tried several moisturisers from cetaphil (my skin can't even handle that, it gets itchy), to Renew (which began to help) and finally I settled on Physiogel after seeing how it help my friend with eczema around her lips.

Initial application of physiogel felt oily and I was very sceptical. However when I woke up in the morning, my face was soft like a baby and really moisturised. There is no redness and I felt as though I had make up on. I apply a thick layer and it kind of acts as a sleeping mask! And I find it more moisturising than Laneige Sleeping Pack or Dr Ci:Labo Gel (but perhaps they have more whitening benefits). I started to use Renew in the day and physiogel at night

I began to see a change in my skin type. My skin no longer needs to produce extra oil on its own so it gets less clogged. All the past oil bits on my face disappeared and the dehydrated bits are moisturised. I now have a normal, dry skin type. My skin is still sensitive, especially after a bout of exercise and towelling perspiration off my face my skin will flush and feel a slight burning sensation. However after cleansing and application of my differin + physiogel, the redness disappears and my skin feels soothed.

In the day I used biore UV perfect face milk spf 50 PA+++ but I felt that it tends to dry out my skin by mid-day. Biore UV helped to control oil for most people and feels really matte and blends into the skin superbly well but for my dry combi skin it was too drying by midday after being in an airconditioned room and my face started peeling. However ever since I started using physiogel cream in the day time too my skin stopped peeling. I managed to achieve the perfect combination of moisturised matte skin with no redness. Currently I am using Sofina perfect uv (bought it in Japan) and I find it less drying than biore. However it doesn't seem as waterproof so I alternate depending on the type of activity I do.

I only apply a thin layer of physiogel in the morning but I found out that I can get rid of the initial oiliness easily by just dabbing with a bit of oil blotter but it is really not that necessary because the oil doesn't clog pores. I only do that sometimes when I accidentally applied too much and am heading out and doesn't want my face to look shiny.

All in all, physiogel helped to change my skin type from dehydrated, oily to just normal slightly dry skin (I attribute it to my differin). My skin is still sensitive but it is soothed by physiogel. I find that it makes my skin more resilient and I am more tolerant to other products and make up. It acts as a protective barrier against external stresses. I will recommend this to anyone of ANY skin type. It will just heal your skin and convert it to the optimal condition. However as with any product, it is important to get the correct balance.

Pros:
Moisturising
Soothes skin
Heals your skin and makes it more resilient
acts as a barrier against other products and keeps skin moisturised throughout the day
non comedogenic
Great neck cream! haha

Cons:
Oily looking
Not suitable for eyes - I find that I get some milia seeds? I stopped using it on my eyes and used eye gel instead

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Dendaria

I love this cream,it has everything for my skin:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample and ran out to buy a full size. Its amazing and dare i say its as good as my HG Dream Cream from Lush. I have very dry legs, skin overall and this is really moisturizing without being greasy. It does not contain any fragrance which is a major plus for me. My skin feels smooth and moisturized and i believe this does not contain irritating ingredients which is fantastic for sensitive skin. I am a major fan of short ingredient lists and this does. It is pretty pricey but i don't mind if it works.

Free from:

* Perfumes
* Preservatives
* Dyes
* Conventional Emulsifiers
* Silicone
* Mineral oil (Paraffin)

Ingredients:

Water, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Cocos Nucifera, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Butyrospermum Parkii, Hydroxyethlcellulose, Squalane, Sodium Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Ceramide 3.