LUSH Karma Solid Fragrance

3.8

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've bought several of these, and for the price they are easily one of the best and longest lasting fragrances on the market. Short of layering scented lotion with perfume, very few scents have as much staying power as this little stick. I don't love the packaging, as it tends to allow the product to get too soft (which changes the scent) or for you to push up too much, meaning it's hard to close it without making a mushy mess. Despite all that, this scent is amazing, delicious and hard to beat. Of my large collection of scents, this is easily top three and is even welcome when I smell it on my clothes the next day. This scent is definitely for patchouli and citrus lovers, and I love all the Karma scented products associated with it.

Pros: Long lasting (both the tube itself and the scent), cheap, applies well, smells great, packaging allows you to travel easily and carry in travel bags. I always have one of these close by or in my gym bag.

Cons: Packaging can be messy, scent can be strong and cloying for people who do not like patchouli. Can melt easily.

on 8/30/2014 7:18:00 AM

I have this in the black push tube packaging. I am so in love with this scent. It reminds me of oranges, and the scent lingers for most of the day. I love the packaging too, very handbag friendly. My new favourite fragrance!

on 10/28/2013 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This fragrance has an amazing, spicy, exotic smell in the package, but it wears off after about an hour, leaving a bland vanilla-ish scent in its stead. It also develops an orange, greasy stain if I don't blend it enough. That being said, the packaging is great and it's a whole lot easier to apply than many liquid perfumes. It's quite affordable for how long the product lasts. I'd definitely be willing to try some of LUSH's other solid perfumes.

on 9/2/2013 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Hm.. When i first got this, i loved the smell! After a while it became overpowering and started to give me headaches! So i gave it away

on 8/31/2013 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

(This review is for the Karma solid perfume stick rather than the old tinned version!)

Never have I changed my view on any fragrance quite so radically! I've been a Lush devotee for years and always disliked Karma with a passion. I don't know if they've changed the formula some time over the years, the old Karma fragrance smelled like horrible, strong citrus (think oven cleaner!) to me, but when I picked up this little solid perfume stick, it smelled like lovely lovely orange blossom with a hint of patchouli. Very distinctive but fun and unique - I've been wearing it every day for the last few weeks and can't get enough of it! I apply a little on my neck, collarbone, wrists and arms straight from the tube for convenience.

Although this fragrance is wonderful, I had to take a mark off - when I apply it, it does leave orange marks on my pale skin (since the product itself is bright orange) which can look a little dodgy under bright light! This may just be because of the hot weather at the moment causing the product to be a little bit melty, but it does make me think twice about applying the gorgeous scent too heavily.

Karma is one of my favourite fragrances this summer - it's so easy to throw it in even a tiny handbag without worrying about leaking. It's one of those love-hate scents, so make sure to try it in case you love it too!

on 4/25/2013 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

this is a nice scent, but when I first put it on I think it smells like a combination of PineSol and citronella candles. after a few minutes it calms down and smells like a nice clean scent. I keep it in my purse just in case I forget to put on perfume before leaving the house. it also works great for traveling. No 3-1-1 baggies needed for this product!

on 1/9/2013 8:42:00 PM

This is such an odd scent, and is so different on each person based on their own chemistry, you'd have to try this one before you buy.

For me, the scent on my skin is very different than if you were to hold the tube of solid scent up to your nose. It starts off with a hit of mostly patchouli and some orange. In my mind, that's the 'dirty hippie' phase. But within an hour, it's toned down and all the other notes start coming out to play. By the end of the day, I'll get a whiff of a subtle, sophisticated blend of notes on my scarf or clothes, and it smells completely different from what I put on that morning. I usually end up looking around for the source of the yummy scent, and then I realize it's coming from me!

My two pet peeves with the solid tube scent: The fact that once I push the darn thing up with too much force, I can't get it to back down into the tube, and the orange stain on my skin when I apply directly from the tube.
I avoid the orange stain by rubbing my finger over the stick and getting a good bit of the melted product on it, then applying to my pulse points.

Just try this one, and even if you don't like it right away, give it some time to mellow on your skin and you might be surprised by it!

on 12/5/2012 10:43:00 PM

I loved the soap version of this so was excited to see the perfume form and it was so inexpensive I picked it up straight away! Unfortunately I didn't enjoy it for a couple of reasons. Firstly that it just smells like coca cola on my skin and secondly it stains my skin orange. So, that's a shame!

on 6/9/2012 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This fragrance seem to smell and work a bit different to everyone.

For me, it starts out really.. orange - the colour, not the fruit. It's bright, citrusy, slightly leaf-y, carbonated goodness. After twenty minutes or so, it dries to a very musty, soft (guessing this is the patchouli note), creamsicle kind of smell - like moss and earth combined with whipped cream and vanilla with a hint of synthetic orange. It's a nice smell, something that's less a fragrance and more a scent. Because it's so unique, and changes based on your chemistry, I can see it being something some one smells on you, and associates it with you. It's the kind of scent an ex or former co-worker could smell years later, and instantly think of you - your own personal scent trigger!

The lady who helped me suggest that I pick up some other solids, and mix it with Karma. We tried Karma/Orange Blossom (which was lovely and gentle. Orange Blossom takes the edge off Karma, makes it more fresh than musty) and Karma/Dirty (it was minty and citrusy and sharp and sweet. Also great). I think this is a great idea! The possibilities are endless :)

The packaging I can see being a problem at some point, but it seems to work fine for now.

Overall, a really great product. I can't wait to purchase some more Lush solid perfumes and see what I can concoct :)

on 5/31/2012 1:29:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really like this scent, but it doesn't last a huge amount of time. I don't like the red colour it leaves on my skin. The packaging is pretty poor. It is hard to push up just how much you need, and then I have ended up with the top breaking off in the lid.
I would buy it again though.

Popular Fragrances