October 31, 2014 | 909 users online

Liquid - Coty - Miss Sporty So Clear Foundation

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by benson14

This foundation is a hit and miss for me. I got this foundation when my usual one ran out and I just wanted something cheap. It was very low-price and the bottle was nice and it boasted 'anti-blemishing agents' and 'tested on young skin' and so I thought it would be perfect. However, there are also the bad points. It only comes in three shades, and the lightest is still quite dark. It goes on very thinly and resembles a tinted moisturizer. It smells very good, but does tend to become caked on spots and doesn't really hide imperfections well. If you're looking for something a bit heaver than a moisturiser but not a thick foundation, this is good, although I would recommend using a powder over it as it does become quite oily if worn for a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by AlyshaCullen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its Okay, But the Coverage is Minimal. I Used it on my Slightly Oily Skin when I Had small Spots and You Could Clearly see The spots Still. Plus there is like 3 Shades to Choose from -_-
This foundatio would be kay if you Had Perfect Skin!

- Hope this Helps! Alysha

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by sarahlovesrimmelonden

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

before I start I need to say one thing, Oh dear god. This foundation is terrible, the colours are way off which makes it hard to pick yourself the right shade (they have SUPER orange undertones) And they are cakey and stick to the top of blemishes like nothing else.
Never EVER buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by amathyst8

i tried this foundation a few months ago. I woke up one morning, put all my makeup on, went out of the door to go to school, glanced in the hall mirror and nearly threw up!!! It was orange, cakey, i looked like an orangutan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! g-r-i-m DO NOT BUY THIS PRPDUCT

ps) it does sh!t all for spots too, the concealer is okay though

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by xAmeliax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMg.. i have to say this was the worst foundation i have ever used! a friend recommended this to me, as it was so cheap i decieded to give it a go! not only did it look so cheap and flaky on my skin, but it gave me really bad acne... so i would not recommend this product to any one with acne prone skin :( . . it has definately put me off buying cheap foundations but with a really tight budget at the moment i have been left with a dillemma. . .

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by becca77112

i bought this product about a year ago and for the first few months i liked it the liquid is quite thick and creamy and very easy to blend and when i put it on the coverage looked very nice but my skin was quite good then but i feel after using this for about a year it has made my skin quite a bit worse but it said that it had anti spot actions and also had a bit of a funny smell. I'm not overly keen on this product and am much happier with my foundations and don't think ill be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by nephine

I'm surprised at the bad reviews on this. I was sceptical about the quality, but I've used this for over two months now and it's suited my oily, blemished, skin very well.

First off, the trick is to buy all three shades (001light,002 medium, and 003dark) and mix the two that's closest to your skin tone. I mix medium and dark and it produces the closest shade I've ever achieved with a foundation (no dark streaks, no white face-darker neck effect, fantastic).

The second trick is to apply it sparingly to red areas with a small foundation brush and then blend blend blend with clean fingers or buff/press into the skin lightly with a sponge. The consistency is matte, it comes out of the tube like a thick cream, and gives an overall light-medium coverage depending on how you blend. In my experience, no foundation (however thick) covers blemishes, that's what concealer's for, but this provides a flawless matte base for further cover and helps to hold concealer nicely. I'm prone to blemishes, and have sensitive skin that reacts quickly to some products, but this hasn't added to the number of blemishes I usually get, and most importantly doesn't seem to block my pores either (unlike mineral powder, grrrr!) - my skin seems quite comfortable in it. I've also noticed it's helped to reduce my usual mid-day oil slick on my T-Zone area, especially when I lightly blot the So Clear Translucent Pressed Face Powder over the foundation/concealer (I've found this 'seals' concealer brilliantly, but don't use too much 'cos it can make your skin pale). I don't touch up my base during the day, not even with powder, so I know, especially when my skin gets warmed up and oily (I work in quite a stressful, hot environment), that this stuff stays put and doesn't go patchy or change colour during the day.
Quite frankly, my only gripe is that it wasn't around when i was a very bemished teenager!

p.s. I tried the Matte variation of the foundation before I bought this, and was really disapointed with it - no matte effect at all. I've also tried out the Light Effect (Anti-Fatigue) foundation, and its ok, better for dry skin types, too shiny for oily skins, but nice for cheeks and under-eyes if you want to perk your skin up (consistency is thiner).

Oh, and try out the concealer sticks. They're way better than they're drug-store competitors, Rimmel (which are too chawky and difficult to blend/match): they cover blemishes and blemish scars very well. I'm a concealer junky and have spent up to £50 on a blemish concealer to cover spots and scars only to find out these work so much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2008 2:56:00 AM More reviews by smudged_eyeliner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim because it was 3 for 2 and i needed a cheap concealer to keep me going until i bought a more expensive one (i usually dont buy cheap make up) so i bought this foundation, the so clear pressed powder and the so clear concealer. on first smelling the product, it smells antibacterial, so i assume thats a good sign when it comes to getting rid of spots but it could just be a smell, its quite tacky when first applied which is strange and its very light coverage which probably isnt what acne-prone people are looking for and i think thats who would buy this product (i get a few blemishes occasionally but overall my skin is pretty good) so coverage was ok for me but the texture made it quite hard to blend as it went streaky, overall for the price it was an ok product, as it was so cheap, you usually get what you pay for, the matching concealer on the other hand was pretty good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 9:05:00 AM More reviews by leopardskinny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Miss Sporty is a brand available in the UK (not sure if it is in the states?) which is produced by Coty. Miss Sporty's prices are cheap with a capital C- really none of their products that I have seen are much above £3.50.

I have recently left home and moved to the city, and usually I buy HE makeup but at this point in time it really isn't an option. Anyway! I was pleasantly suprised by this at FIRST. The tube is hygenic, and you get a decent amount in it concidering you are only paying £2.50 for the tube. At first I liked it, as it didn't break me out and that is really something for my sensitive, oily, breakout prone skin.

However after about.. what.. 3-4 weeks of daily use I have to say that I don't like it. It isn't bad for so cheap, I have to say I expected wose, yet it really is just cheap looking! Even when I apply it with my damp MAC wedge sponge, or my foundation brush, blending really well, taking ages over my base and setting with powder it still looks either a) fake and cakey b) orange and freakishly matte or c) Extremley obvious heavy mask. I must point out that it isn't down to my technique haha! It also does that 'cheap foundation' thing of setting into lines and just loking plain CHEAP.

I also have redmarks from previous breakouts, and right now I have a 'monthly' big spot on my chin, and I have to say coverage is light- medium- you can still see my redmarks a bit, and my spot isn't very well disguised. Even if I had perfect skin I wouldn't use this. Also the smell is very makeupy and I don't like that with foundation. It is fair to say I am still on the search for the perfect base that doesn't break me out, yet still looks good!

I have to say that I am not a makeup snob, I have plenty of drugstore favourites- like Bourjois, L'Oreal etc. but not this.