December 19, 2014 | 1021 users online

Lip Gloss - Kanebo - Mode Gloss - Frosty Mode (03)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Kayraven

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This gloss is one of the most soothing, moisturising, smooth, nourishing, soft lip gloss I've tried. I love that it has no smell or taste, comes in a tube with a great applicator brush (though I do not particularly like that it's synthetic), which makes it really easy to put on even without the lip pencil. The colour is nude pink with gold or peach, which makes it look pink or peach on my lips depending on the light. It's probably a perfect neutral colour. It's not a shiny one, but is really frosty. I also enjoy the shimmer very much. The gloss is highly pigmented, which is a great advantage. Though I do not particularly like the tube design.. somehow reminds me of the cheap fake Asian glosses. But great product despite that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 5:34:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I end up making a lot of impulse lippie purchases in European airport duty-free shops. Lately, I have been trying my best to curb my impulses now that the dollar is so very weak, and poor me gets paid in US dollars. However, I had time to kill during a layover and saw the Mode Glosses on display. As soon as I spotted this and Chameleon mode (05) in the tube, I knew it was going to be very hard to fight my buying urges. In the tube, these colors had to hands down be the prettiest glosses I've ever seen. Swatched onto my fingertips, I was sold, despite the near $30 a tube price after the exchange rate took it's toll (which made them higher in price than Chanel!) No regrets, though. Frosty Mode in the tube is a slightly pale, nudey-Pink-Mauve with shimmer and gold reflects. On my lips the shade is pretty much the same, but you don't notice the gold as much (a good thing, in my view) - just the shimmer. This is THE color I've been looking for to go with an evening smokey eye. A lot of nude-type glosses I've tried to use for night just didn't have that extra "oomph" for nighttime. This one does. The shade is pretty, slightly pale, and shimmery, but not so much to make me look washed out. I wouldn't hesitate to wear this during the day, though - the shimmer is not extremely frosty and over-the-top, so I think it would work for a lot of people during the day.

This is a thicker, more opaque gloss - not as thick as Chanel Glossimer or NARS, though. The applicator is a (somewhat stiff) nylon brush. It goes on a little sticky, but does dry down a bit after a while to more of a liquid lipcolor kind of finish, but make no mistake, it is still a gloss. Staying power is average for lipgloss. The ingredients include silk extract and vitamin E, so you also feel like you are doing something beneficial for your lips when you wear it.

I am very fickle about beauty products in general, but especially lippies because I buy so many of them. This is one color I will keep on re-purchasing, though. For me, this is the perfect nude-pink gloss. Very positive introduction to the Kanebo line for me - will definitely be checking out their other products!