September 16, 2014 | 1892 users online

Palettes - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 001 Rose Diamond, Spring 08

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know i'm a tricky neutral as several MA have told me that, so I really could use Rose or Amber diamond, but I chose Rose because I could also use it as a blush if I wanted to. I only use the left two strips as a highlighter and its pale enough for me..not too pink, and the other three as a blush. If I just swiped my brush over all of it, it would be too dark as a highlighter. It is very finely milled so it doesn't accentuate pores. It may swatch more shimmery than it actually is on the skin. I'm mid-thirties and I don't like to look like I'm a glittery teenager when I wear a highlighter, this is subtle. If you're fair I recommend this color. If you have warm or darker skin I would use Amber. It has beautiful, sturdy packaging, but I heard it breaks when you travel with it, so I keep it on my vanity. It also comes with a navy blue, velvet envelope (with the initials CD on the front) to keep it in pristine condition.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amber Diamond/Rose Diamond? Amber Diamond/Rose Diamond? I agonized for weeks over which one to get and finally (and wisely, given my colouring) settled on Rose Diamond. So beautiful and so versatile. The reviewer who said Rose Diamond doesn't get enough love is absolutely right because this is a beautiful product for pale, cool-toned women. I can swish all the shades together for a beautiful, almost candle-lit glow on my cheekbones and the other planes of my face that I want to highlight. Or I can use the different "stripes" on their own for a different type of look. It's such a pretty look for a night out with hubby and with the holiday season coming, I can see using this quite a lot. And maybe I'm blind to the end result but I find that applied lightly with a big, fluffy brush, this can work quite nicely all over the face as a luminizing powder (maybe I look like a disco ball but, to be honest, I don't see it!) Come summer, I might just break down and get Amber Diamond but I'll have to try it out in store first because I fear that on me, it might look a bit muddy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Reba6465

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm obsessed! This powder is amazing. I use it as a highlighter or lightly dust my whole face. It really brings out your cheekbones. I put a little dab above the cupids bow on my upper lip. It would also be pretty on your brow one. I just wish it came with a brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying out all types of highlighters I love this the best. I thought it was just overhyped but I tried it on in Sephora and now I understand! Itís sooooo beautiful when I apply this to my cheekbones. I get a gorgeous natural glow. I bought the Rose Diamond as well as the Amber Diamond and I absolutely love them. The Rose Diamond gets so little attention I was going to overlook it but decided to try it on and I love it even more than the Amber Diamond. This product needs more credit because itís just perfect on your cheekbones and makes you look soo beautiful. Definitely my holy grail highlighter! I highly recommend you go out and buy these now! If not at LEAST try them out!! Itís worth every penny and the packaging is just beautiful! They give you so much product it will last you a longtime!!

HOLY GRAIL HIGHLIGHTER

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this palette. I had been lemming this for years and finally treated myself recently. And it's even more beautiful in person than I expected. When I first got it, I was in awe at the quality of the packaging, and upon opening it, saw just how pretty the colors are. Now, I'm a highlighter whore, and already found an HG in the Fresh Satin Luster highlighter palette, but I'm sure I can make room for this baby in my routine. I love that the shimmer goes on so, so finely, impossible to overdo, and just adds a slight boost of pink wherever I put it. I add it on top of blush, and sometimes on top of a cream highlighter (I know! I am a glowy makeup fiend, I have a problem) and it looks ethereal and lit-from-within. A fairy princess glow!

Also, this might be a little weird, but I use one of the darker pinky shades as eyeshadow! Gives me a little rosy, soft definition around my eyes. It gives me a kind of ladylike, Victorian rosy look, if that makes any sense.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm really torn about this product [maybe I just don't know how to put this on??] I love shimmer and using highlighters like the Dior floral palette a few years ago. But, using this makes me look oily/greasy. I've used different kinds of brushes and techniques - but it just doesn't look good on me - it comes out shiny, rather than shimmer. Also, I've concluded that the brick rose color - while lovely - isn't really complimentary to my Asian skin tone. So, not really the product's fault - but definitely a loser in my makeup drawer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'M IN LOVE. I can't rave about this product enough! I bought Amber Diamond earlier this spring and I use it weekly; it's great as a bronzer, highlighter, and even eyeshadow. I read an awful rumor on MUA that Dior is discontinuing their Shimmer Stars soon, so I frantically went out and bought Rose Diamond, because my priorities are high and I know what really matters in life. :D I am so glad I did, because it's just as perfect as its Amber counterpart, but different enough that I can justify owning both. Rose Diamond offers a very subtle, sheer glow of pale pink/white/lilac that is really hard to over-do. You never look glittery, just like you're naturally this luminous and lovely. As with Amber Diamond, it's fun to use some of the individual colors as highlighters for my eye looks. And of course when you swirl all the shades together, the effect is a beautiful, sheeny blush that I haven't seen in any other makeup line. If you're cool-toned at all, I highly recommend it.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by starrysim

This is luxe Dior at its best. The presentation is stunning, and the product itself feels high quality. Soft and finely milled, but not too loose or messy, and never chalky. It's shimmery, so use it sparingly. I myself don't mind some shimmer, so I do use the darker side as a blush on my NW20 skintone, and in this case I apply it with a natural hair brush to pick up more colour. If I choose to use it as a highlighter, I stick to the lighter end and use a duo fiber brush. The colour is shades of pink, and is relatively neutral rather than overly cool or warm. It's a versatile and pretty powder, definitely worth picking up if you like highlighters. I hear it will be discontinued soon, along with Amber Diamond, but I'm not sure if this is official. In any case, pick it up now while you can.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by supercat12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had a mini-makeover at a CD counter, and wanted to purchase a foundation. The counter had a GWP going on, so I was looking for an extra product and the MA suggested this to use underneath my blush. She swept it over my cheekbones, and then very lightly across the bridge of my nose and my forehead. It looked great. I used it on and off for a couple months, mostly to tone down too bright blushes and to give my face a glow. In my bathroom mirror it looked gorgeous. Then one day I happened to catch a glimpse of myself in bright sunlight. YOWZA. I looked like a big greaseball!! I played around with it a bit more, and I realized that it was just sitting on top of my skin, looking very very shiny, and giving my face a whitish cast. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by hnn

I still like nicely shimmering blushes since I'm still young, but I feel this blush is appropriate for all. I apply it lightly along my cheekbones and it gives the most pearlescent baby pink glow that I never could get in any other blush, no huge shimmer flecks here. I also feel that this product will last a long time. The price is steep but well worth it due to its fine milled quality and lack of cheaper dupes.