April 17, 2014 | 1804 users online

Blush - Bourjois - Ambre D'Or

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by LavenderEmma

The quality of the bourjois blushes is amazing for the price - before trying them I had stuck to benefit and mac and I rank these at the same level despite such a price contrast. This one is such a gorgeous shade to brighten up fair skin, with a hint of golden shimmer giving a stunning glow. I like to mix it with my bronze shimmer brick or a light shimmery bronzer and it looks just like Dior Amber Diamond! On its own I'd describe it as a warmer, less pink version of benefit coralista. My blush doesn't really get cakey as I use a clean brush to apply it - If it does I just scratch off the top layer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really love this blush! It's a perfect peachy, shimmery colour. It gives a sheen to the skin without making you look greasy or unnatural. It makes me look fresh, healthy and vibrant everyday, almost as if I'm glowing. It's baked so is very pigmented and will last a long time. I dislike the flimsy, weak brush but the compact mirror is cure and handy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Majchi

It's beautiful peachy, orange but subtle color, with golden shimmer. It's a baked blush, so you will need a bit harder brush for it. I find that usual brush for powder blush doesn't work good on this product. Colour is buildable, smell is nice and subtle, packaging is cute, I think I will repurchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Rosefan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, I'll join the club of those who love these blushes...Bourjois blushes are just sooo great!!!!!!First of all, the fact that these are baked blushes makes them way superior to other blushes. They give that airbrushed, feathery look. Very very finely milled, and it blends in the skin incredibly well leaving a very natural look. I'm fine with the little brushes, the are not the best brushes that I've seen coming with the blush itself( much better quality brushes come with Pupa blushes, and my Clinique Precious Posey one), but they are perfectly usable.

This colour is a peachy brick colour, on me it's not the most flattering. I prefer blushes with a more orange or more rosey hue, but this one is a bit like brick truly...

It hardens, so I had to scrape off the surface with a toothbrush, but I don't really mind doing so every once in a while. It's just a great product, quite cheap, very handy packaging. I like Bourjois products in general, and my favourites are these blushes.

Comparison of the shades I have:

Lune d'or: The lightest, peachy rosey colour with golden shimmer. Despite being so light, it showes up on my medium-dark skin in the colder months nicely.

Ambre d'or: Peachy brick colour(at least on me) with golden shimmer. Not a big fan of this colour.

Rose frisson: Lovely shade of rose colour with just a nice sheen. This is my favourite of the four I have. I'd reccomend this for medium-dark skin tones. It works wonderfully on me, giving me a nice flush of colour. I like it more than my Clinique Precious Posey.

Lilas d'or: The colour is more purple than the previous ones with golden shimmer. I like this shade, but it's better for the colder season when my skin is not this yellow like now...yes...I have one of the most yellow toned skins I have ever seen...a bit of a curse when it comes to foundations...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Such a pretty color!!!!! The color is a warm mid-tone pearly peach. Pigmentation is lacking and I'm not dark skinned so for me, I have to layer layer layer this one. I think the little brush that comes with this is actuallly good and I use it to apply the blush. I paid 2.99 @ Ulta for this and I'm happy with it. I took a lippie off for 1. poor pigmentation & 2. It smells like old men :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by mabucom

this blush is great! i applied it before putting the finish powder and after wearing the foundation on my face and after 5 hours my cheeks still looked well. and if i take a photo with flash on, it will shine.

however, the brush included in the box is so small and it makes me really hard to get the blush out.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2009 8:42:00 AM More reviews by megwa82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush! It has a bit of shimmer but not too much and you can build the colour up as it goes on quite light. I don't use the brush that came with it but that could come in handy for travel. I can't really see myself using the mirror though as it's so tiny but the packaging is gorgeous and handy to throw in your handbag for touch ups. While I do find the scent pretty I think it is a tad strong as I prefer unscented products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Lisa527

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

32 Ambre D'or is very unique. the effect on cheeks is surprisingly fabulous... Despite its shimmer, there's a pink undertone when you apply it heavy.. light use will give you a healthy peach glow...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 7:16:00 AM More reviews by ArBell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this particular shade!
I simply adore it,even though i'd want it a bit less shimmery and slightly more matte...
Of course i'd buy this again,but it would never finish.
Again,i love the compact in which it comes. With a very good mirror and little brush. It's perfect to bring wherever you want.
Smells very nice,delicate fragrance,not too obvious. Just to boost your confidence.
I'd recommend this to anybody as it will show on anybody's skin tone.
But if you are not too tempted by shimmery tones,don't buy this =]

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by ninacom

A beautiful peach color for (i think) any skintone! As it's baked, it's not too hars, bun can be build to a more vibrant shade. (if it becomes matte, than just scratch the surface a little bit, and take care of the brush You use with it - too much oil on the brush can make the blusher matte - i clean my blush brushes every 1or2 days.)
The packaging is cute, has great rose smell and altought the brush is not the best tool i've ever seen to apply blusher, it's a very great travel-blushbrush.
It has tiny golden flakes in it, so with 1-2 sweeps i use it to highlight (i have medium skintone, but that technique might be too harsh on fair skin) and I add a bit more to the apples, and it gives a fresh, radiant look to my face. This is my favourite peachy blush ever!