September 22, 2014 | 935 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Duo Eye Shadow Cream

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by BlueCatAnubis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These eyeshadows are pretty in the packaging, very creamy when applied with your fingers, and highly pigmented. What I find terrible about the product is that it creases within an hour, at least for me. I applied it without a primer and just bb cream on the lids, and did not "set" it with powder. But I did not feel like it, I want to grab and go with my makeup, not fuss over it or reapply. This product I have to fuss over or else it piles up and creases.

I have it in 3 colors Black Licorice, Mocha Swirl, and Butter Pecan. These are nice colors but they are really oily and make slide off my lids within an hour. Perhaps with a super light hand these can be worked with. I would not recommend these, it is too bad they slide off my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by obsessedwithtaylor

I got this in the shade butter pecan without reading the reviews on here first, and boy to I regret that. This eyeshadow is TERRIBLE. First of all, the colors were very different then they were shown online. It arrived much more orangish/reddish than I thought, and are also much more garish in person. The lighter shade was very creamy and almost kind of oily looking, which is saying something for my extremely dry skin. The darker shade wasn't nearly as easy to blend and tugged at my skin. Both colors fade and crease with primer more than any eyeshadow I have ever tried, and to top it all off, the packaging is horribly cheap and flimsy. I am planning on throwing mine away, and regret not reading the reviews first.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

These are the first cream eyeshadows I've tried and they're awful. I got them in Mocha Swirl (a brown and neutral) and Berry Mix (a purple and lilac).
Mocha Swirl is very pigmented and metallic at first. But Berry Mix hardly has any color payoff. It just makes your eyelids look greasy.
They both fade and crease quickly and badly. Even with a primer underneath and even when set with a powder eyeshadow. Thank goodness these were only a dollar because they're crap. It's a shame too because I really like ELF.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by dqzhuzi

I'm sorry but I have to say this is so shit. It smudged immediately after I apply it on my eyelid and became messy colors....I threw them away after trying some times. This is just not my cup of tea.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Hayyleyyissmee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These Cream Eyeshadow Duos have really great pigmentation, at least for the ones I have (Mocha Swirl and Olive) They are pretty creamy when they are swatched but when they go onto your eyes, they can be a little hard to blend. I love using the lighter champane shade in 'mocha swirl' all over my lid as a base for basically any eye look! Overall, I would definitely recommend these, especially the lighter ones, to anybody out there who wants a simple eyeshadow base with a little color!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing positive about this product is the price ($1). I bought 5 of these and am planning of tossing them out soon!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got this product for my mum when doing an ELF haul as she, like me prefers cream eyeshadows. I wasn't expecting too much at such a low price, but these eyeshadow creams are truly awful. They are not very pigmented and I don't find them creamy enough to blend. Because they were difficult to blend it felt like I was tugging my eye when trying to blend them - not good for sensitive eyes! Anyway, I definitely wouldn't buy again, although in saying that ELF do have some amazing products for very low prices - but this isn't one of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by deadiswhatweaimfor

Bought this on a whim. Was cheap so didn't care if I disliked it. I'm so-so with it. I bought black licorice. It isn't pigmented at all unless you layer i t on. I love the creamy texture though. Packaging is cute. Reminds me of my L'Oreal HiP eyeshadow duo. Overall, I won't be repurchasing. Ill use it but rarely.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

This thing creases. If I apply a thin layer, the color is too faint, but if I apply a second or third (in tiny amounts too) layer, and set with powder eyeshadow, it still creases. Some of the colors have glitter too, and not small particles, like very noticeble chunky bits. So no, even though cheap, it is a regret buy. I will give it to my friend's little girls for playing makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by B4RBIEdoll

Some of these eyeshadows are not as pigmented as I would like them to be. Also, to the lady below me : No brushes are meant to be used with eyeshadow cream unless specifically stated, if I were you, I would use my finger to apply them for better appearance.