Boots No7 Retractable Lip Brush

2.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/5/2010 1:45:00 AM

The Boots No7 retractable lip brush has black, generic plastic packaging that looks really cheap. I could only find one positive thing about the brush and that is that you must put the cap back on to extend the lip brush (no need to have to lay anything down on public sinks or vanities).

I wish that I had read the sole review because if I had, I would not have ordered this product. Lipstick does not adhere to the brush, it's too small in size and it has an odd shape. I began to "brush" my tube of lipstick and could barely get any lipstick to hold onto the brush. When I tried to use the brush to apply my lipstick, it was next to impossible, because it's so small and oddly shaped. If I had paid more than five bucks, I would be really disappointed. If I lost this, I would not replace it ~ it's a piece of junk...

on 1/21/2008 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First, I should say that I bought this lip brush to use as a travel eyeliner brush. I prefer lipliner brushes over others for gel liners. For my purpose, it works very well. The bristles are firm nylon, and come to a squared-off point for precision lipstick application and lining, which is what makes it work for me as a gel/cream liner brush. It's one of those brushes that has a cap you remove, and use to push up the brush into working position. After use, you replace the cap, and you're done. This makes it great for my other intended purpose, which is to throw in my travel makeup kit. I got this at Target for $5.99, so I can't complain about the dirt cheap price. As a lipbrush, I'm not sure I would like it, due to the stiffness of the nylon bristles (I prefer natural or at least softer bristles for this) But this might work for some of you out there. At the price, it's worth a shot if you need a retractable brush, but I would recommend that you test out a sample first to see if you could live with the stiffness of this.