Redken Fresh Curls [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

on 10/8/2011 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have fine, wavy hair and using the Fresh Curls shampoo and conditioner combo makes it a lot more curly. The shampoo has a light fragrance that disappears quickly, the conditioner detangles well, my hair feels very light and weightless after using it and seems to dry more quickly. It dries with more curl and body; there is a real noticeable difference. Expensive, but unless over time it either builds up or dries out my hair, I will be repurchasing.

on 10/2/2007 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This shampoo/conditioner was definitely good for not weighing my hair down. It didn't do anything special for my curls, and some of them are actually more unruly, dry, and frizzy when I use this shampoo/conditioner combo.

on 9/18/2007 2:37:00 AM

I used to have thick, long spiral curls, but have since switched to a razored short cut. I use the Redken Allsoft from time to time and find that it leaves my hair a little dry if I don't wash/condition with it daily. I have the opposite issue with the Fresh Curls: it leaves my hair a little too moist if I don't wash it daily. Both of these things are possibly exacerbated by the fact that I tend to use way more product than I should since I've switched to the short cut.

So with those caveats in mind, I can definitely recommend Fresh Curls to anyone with thick hair that tends to dry out. I find the scent wonderful, as I'm a fan of spicy-sweet scents, and I would use this is a body wash if they made one! I also love how FC lathers and I think the bottles are very pretty.

on 5/12/2007 10:13:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Great line for curly hair! UPDATE: after a few months of using, I realized that it didn't really do much for my curls so I switched over to Graham Webb. I'm very satisfied so far.

on 2/13/2007 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After I got a perm, it left my hair very dry and damaged--even frizzy! (And note, I'm Asian so I have that really stick-straight, silky fine hair...so friz was NEVER an issue in my life). I bought every product (ranging from serum, mousse, shine spray, etc.) to revive the moisture in my hair. Finally, I picked this up and wa-lah! after one use, i was so happy to have my normally smooth hair AND the curls. just be sure to scrunch it a bit after u get out of the shower--for those with perms/body waves, that is. but yes, i loved it. i tried it because my friend with naturally curly hair recommended it to me and boy am i glad!

on 8/20/2006 12:57:00 PM

I love the leave-in conditioner, it is amazing!! I have tried so many products and this one is by far my favorite, it makes my hair look really good, i get a lot of compliments on it after using this stuff! and it smells great!! I will definately buy it again!

on 4/10/2006 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm lukewarm on this product. It's too expensive for the results it gave me. I have very dry curly long hair (white people hair) and it didn't solve the dryness or give more definition to my curls. I kinda like the fragrance but I know it's no different than cheap mens cologne. I'd probably buy it if it were on sale because the bottle is pretty.

on 3/31/2005 5:44:00 PM

I use the Curl Boost and it's awesome. Excellent at taming frizzies and holding curl. I don't care for the spray bottle because I prefer to put the product in my hands and scrunch it through my hair, but that's okay cause I just spray the product in my hands and apply it that way. The smell is nice too and it doesn't make hair crunchy.

Okay. I would buy this again if it was ever on clearance somewhere or just really, really cheap. It's a decent shampoo but it doesn't do anything speacial. The real magic is in the Curl Boost spray gel and Spin Contorl. You can use any shampoo and conditioner and those babies make your hair fabulous. So this isn't a necessity my lovlies.

on 1/3/2005 10:43:00 AM

I have no luck with Redken products, I've tried some and they NEVER gave me good results.

I've tried the whole Fresh Curls line (spray-gel, lotion, shampoo, conditioner) and it really sucks. My hair is curly but not that thick, it is also quite dry and tends to be frizzy when it's humid. This line didn't improve the texture of my hair, didn't make the curls look better, didn't do anything positive.

First of all, the scent get on my nerve. It's smells like cheap man's fragrance. Then, when I used it, my hair was a mess. It would leaves my hair dull, heavy, unrully and awfully tangled. And after I used it a couple of times, my hair was way drier than usual. Didn't make my hair shinier nor more manageable. Where are the benefits? There is absolutely nothing positive - not even the texture of these products. For the price, this is a total rip-off.

continued >>