October 25, 2014 | 881 users online

Scrubs - Desert Essence - Gentle Stimulating Face Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by savanah2o

I have senstive, oily, acne-prone skin. I was looking for a face scrub that would be gentle enough for my senstive skin but also not break me out. This scrub was perfect! It really gets my face clean and isn't too harsh. The only con is the smell I don't see it bugging anyone unless you you have a strong sense of smell which I have and it doesn't bother me. Overall would reccomend!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I did not find this scrub to be gentle at all - it contains walnut shell powder which is highly irritating to sensitive skin (BTW if you must use a physical exfoliant, look for synthetic scrub particles like polyethylene beads). Also, it has a strange dusty smell, though it's subtle. The jar packaging is not as easy to use as a tube. This isn't a winner for me! ***I noticed the ingredients have changed since the original review on this was posted. Here is the current ingredients list: Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin (Plant), Cetyl Alcohol (Plant), Glyceryl Stearate SE (Vegetable), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Powder, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, (Natural Grain) Alcohol, Sodium Benzoate, Gluconolactone, (Natural) Fragrance (Parfum), Potassium Sorbate.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by squirrelsatemyramen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a lovely facial scrub. Since I started using it several months ago, I've been able to maintain baby-soft skin. I use it one to three times a week depending on what my skin needs at the time. To be honest, I used to really dislike using facial scrubs before I found this one because the particles were too big or the consistency was way too runny. I am pleased by the thick, creamy texture because it actually sticks to my face while I'm massaging it in instead of running off like so many other scrubs do. The particles to be a good size for scrubbing and my skin has never felt irritated after using this product. I am actually a little surprised by this scrub since it seems to moisturize my face as well as deep cleanse. What a wonderful added bonus! As for the scent, it is very earthy, but not overpowering. I am very easily overwhelmed by many fragrances and dislike the vast majority of them.

PROS:
- Natural ingredients
- Gentle
- Thick, creamy consistency
- Particles are nice size for cleansing
- Moisturizing
- Earthy, non-irritating scent
- Surprisingly cheap
- The jar is very convenient

CONS:
- The smell is not for everyone

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by aquavita

It is an amazing scrub. It has a multitude of tiny particles. Therefore, it is gentle, but still exfoliates very well. Also, this stuff will last you forever: it very doesn't take much to get the job done.The two minor complaints one may have are the packaging and the smell. Even if the tube would be more hygienic, I prefer this product in a jar, because, when a scrub is in a tube, it is harder to control the amount you take. The second complaint is a smell: Yes it is horrid. However, for me the smell can only be a plus, but never a minus( unless it lingers longtime), because it doesn't affect the effectiveness of a product. Therefore Desert Essence Gentle stimulating scrub gets a deserved 5 from me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I'd completely forgotten about this stuff until I used it at my mom's house recently. I used to use it when I was a teenager and bought all my skincare products at hippie stores in San Francisco. I'm quite sure they've changed the formula since then as I don't remember being crazy about it, but there wasn't much on the market back then in this category.

I LOVE this stuff and can't believe it's $4! WOOT. The particles are a bit on the large side for exfoliating, but I love the clay-like base it's housed in. It's thick, creamy and clingy and kind of feels like a mud mask. I use it in the shower and leave it on like a mask and feel like it helps draw the crap out of my pores. I'm not sure if it really does, but at this price you can't lose :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by CarolynKeene

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm an exfoliator ho. (For reference, I have oily, acne-prone skin that gets flaky and dry from BP and other treatments, so I exfoliate pretty much every day.) I've tried dozens of products over the years (more like decades--see how old I am?), but have never been completely satisfied. It's either too harsh, too wimpy, and/or leaves behind a waxy coating. I hereby declare Desert Essence Gentle Stimulating Face Scrub as my HG. It's the perfect combination of effective and gentle. And thank you Baby Jesus, no waxy coating, which annoys me to no end. The earthy fragrance is subtle, the plastic tub is ideal for use in the shower, and the price is excellent. Now for my husband's unsolicited review: "Hey, you know that face scrub you bought? That is the BEST face scrub I've ever used."

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

great scrub with jojoba oil. its a very "moisturizing" scrub so i follow it with my cleanser because my face is very oily and acne-prone. i think it was making my forehead break out a little so now i just use it on the lower half of my face. LOL my bf loves it though (he has super dry skin). will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I needed an exfoliator since i ran out of my usual, and this stuff is pretty decent. The smell is not pleasant at all yet not super strong. It's not too harsh on the skin either even though it's filled with tiny little exfoliating particles. I would stick with this until i get my usual exfoliator back into my routine. I'd highly recommend this before you think about picking up that atrocious St.Ives Apricot Crap lol.
::UPDATE::
Yeah, well i won't be using this anymore. It's just not that great at all. I always end up with a pimple after i have used this. It also stinks to high heaven. I can't take it anymore

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by gizemel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i love this scrubs,it' gentle but it really cleans my pores.i tried so many products and this is my favourite now.but i hate its herbal smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 6:45:00 AM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this scrub once or twice a day, depending on how my skin feels. I knocked a lippie off for the scent, because to me it smells like lancid coffee! Apart from that, I have found this scrub to be a great, much cheaper alternative to manual exfoliants I have used in the past.