July 24, 2014 | 1963 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Cosmedix Eye Believe Liquid Crystal Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by LadyPenelope

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am on my third bottle of this. The name has been changed to Opti Crystal, for good reason - Eye Believe is just way too gimmicky a name for a product in this price range, that the manufacturer wants us to think is based on science.

The reason I keep coming back to it is that it's incredibly hydrating for my incredibly papery under-eye area, and the only moisturizer that doesn't give me millia and puffiness for the amount of moisture it provides.

The only down side I've found is that at the end of the day my under-eye area reverts back to being crepey and dry. Still, this product does provide several hours' more moisture than anything else I've tried.

I purchased my first bottle at my facialist's and the next two on Ebay for a fair bit less, but still a lot of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by drpsyc

Unsure that this line is cruelty free, organic and has 100% natural ingredients as presented by a previous reviewer (and highly doubt it to a 95% degree); if it is then ....FANTASTIC! I'd appreciate links for proof.

Nonetheless, i've been using this product for several months and think it is OK...certainly better than any other eye product I have used, bit as I have only recently begun to use eye creams/products it is hard for me to make a comparison on results. The product is thick like Vaseline, as others have noted, and that is ok as long as you apply it in a "patting" motion. Do not rub in. I think it has helped a bit with puffiness, dark circles and fine lines...but am unsure whether I would repurchase. it is expensive, and if it works for you then I'd recommend, I'll update after tryng some other products (will be creating my own eye treatment from ingredients via somerset cosmetics.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Eye Believe is an eye serum from a fairly obscure spa line I just discovered through the aesthetician at my salon. The brand is completely cruelty free, organic and has 100% natural ingredients. Eye Believe is a perfect product for very dry, dehydrated and mature skin. It does take a few minutes to "sink in" but it's supposed to be used ONLY at night (too greasy for day IMHO) and the blue color (a prior reviewer commented on this) disappears in seconds, just don't use too much. What I like most about this serum is that, due to its very rich texture, it DOES hydrate for many hours and nicely smoothes fine lines but it does NOT cause puffiness (a big problem for me with ultra rich eye prods). I agree with the prior reviewer, using just a tiny pat around the eye area before bed, this will last for a very long time, but I might buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by serenalee

From the previous posts, it sounds like they were using too much!! This tiny bottle is suppose to last a year! AWESOME RESULTS and well worth the price!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by MisterWickham

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first review. I purchased this product in my never ending quest to diminish my dark circles. The women at my nearby day spa swore up and down this would work. They all used it - yada yada yada.

I agree with the previous posts - the serum is extremely thick - it's sticky. While I understand this is meant for nighttime use, the blue color enchanced the circles. I was asked when I emerged from the bathroom "what happened to your eyes?".

The serum was still there is the morning, thick as ever. It certainly has staying power. I was disappointed. It did nothing for my circles, but it did moisturize. I wouldn't purchase this again. I stopped using it after a couple of weeks. It was way too thick for the delicate eye area in my opinion. Even with 'tapping' it on - I felt as if it tugged at the skin around my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by sugarrbebe1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a VERY difficult review to write! This is a very expensive product and one which is really quite unpleasant to use. It is an iridescent blue gel/serum. Forget about spreading it or massaging it into your skin. IMPOSSIBLE ! The best you can do is pat it around the orbital eye area. It is meant to be used at night, and in fact, it definitely could NOT be used at any other time unless you want to look like somebody who stepped out of a zombie flick.

According to the maker, it combines the protective qualities of liquid crystals and spin trap with the collagen/elastin stimulating and repairing properties of copper peptides and alpha lipoic acid. The liquid crystals help replace the skin's natural barrier which is often thinned around the eyes and lips. It also contains coconut extract, which is proven to be a fairly potent skin strengthener.

So, did I say the review is difficult to write? Well, because I hated using this stuff. I found it thoroughly unpleasant. Unfortunately, it does seem to work !!! It does a phenomenal job of smoothing and locking in moisture. It is meant to be used as the last step in your nightime skincare regimen and it really does lock in anything else you use.

So, I'm truly torn. This stuff is costly and it isn't very pleasant to use at all. But it does seem to work. Sigh... Will I buy it again? I don't think I will. There have to be other products that are equally effective and nicer to use. Ingredients follow:

Liquid Crystals, Spin Trap, Alpha lipoic acid, Coconut Extracts, Copper peptides: Copper Salicylate, Copper Amino Acids, Copper Gluconate, Chlorophyllin Copper.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No