Everyday Minerals Everyday Eye Shadow Brush

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 7/14/2010 1:23:00 AM

This is my favourite eyeshadow brush !
I love it. It has not shed one bit. The bristles haven't deformed in any way. I love how it's environmentally friendly and animal friendly. The bamboo handle is very sturdy and it's not too long or too short. The size and length of the bristles just make this eyeshadow brush really easy to work with. It's great for packing on the colour or for sheer blending. It's inexpensive and wonderful =) Highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I would give this brush 6 Lippies if I could. It is utterly fantastic for patting on pigments. I use it for both Everyday Minerals and Fyrinnae eyeshadows and I reach for it every time. The bristles are somewhat short making it not too floppy and are just arranged in such a way as to make picking up/applying loose pigments very easy. I just dip the brush into the pot, tap off the excess and pat on to my lid. No fuss, no muss. The hairs are synthetic and non-scratchy like all my EDM brushes. I love the smooth bamboo handle. I have seen no shedding from this brush and I have washed it numerous times. And on top of all this, the price is so reasonable. Well done Everyday Minerals!
Please click "continued" to see a visual comparison of this brush with others from the Everyday Minerals range.
continued >>

on 2/20/2010 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Love the light feel in the hand of the lacquered bamboo...a great brush I use often. Small/medium synthetic eye brush that can be used for powders, liquids, creams or gels. Its got a compact and firm bristles that still feel gentle and don't poke at my sensitive skin. Resilient and long lasting bristles, no fallout of hairs, and the bristles washes out easily and do not stain.

The Everyday Eye Shadow brush is good for wet-foiling loose mineral pigments, pressing mineral eyeshadows on the lower lid that are sheer or have too much fallout for better intensity and greater control, turned on the side to get a precision cut crease, or precise placement of a highlight under the brow.

What I would NOT use it for is blending (too firm, smears your work), or regular pressed shadows (patchy, less even result than natural sable hair brushes).

EDIT 11 Jan 2015:
Still looks new after using it several times a week. The Everyday Minerals logo has worn off but the hairs are still good as new and the lacquer on the handle hasn't cracked (which is more than I can say for Bobbi Brown brushes, which seem to crack after only a couple of weeks!). I don't like many of the other brushes in the range but this is a good workhorse.

on 11/29/2009 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Let me say it like this: I own four ones. This is a great basic brush to use when putting on eye shadow. I always use it to pick up and pack the shadow on to the lid, but for blending I use the MAC 217, which is amazing by the way. They also works great when they are wet, but that way you get a lot more color payoff.

When I first bought the brushes the bristles where white, but have now been replaced by bristles that have a brown base and withe tips. I definitely prefer the white ones since it makes it a lot easier to tell it they are clean or not. I normaly clean this brushes by using my oil cleanser, since it removes every single trace of makeup. Oils and brushes made out of real hairs can be tricky, but since these brushes are synthetic it works great.

I also like the fact that they are rather pointy and flat, which makes it a lot easier to apply eye shadow in the inner corner of the eye of at the lower lash line. Basically, a great find!

on 9/23/2009 10:34:00 PM

Nice brush! Very very soft and light weight, can't beat the price and quality!

on 9/18/2009 11:23:00 PM

this is my number one go-to brush when it comes to eyeshadow application. the bristles are extremely soft and its dense enough so that it's not too floppy. It'd be good if they can make a dense fluffy version though (lol i think i'm just asking for too much). Anyway, yes i will buy this again.

on 9/6/2009 7:02:00 PM

This is my favorite eyeshadow brush ever, its small but not too small, super soft (a lot of eyeshadow brushes are stiff) and perfect for packing on loose pigments, it even blends nicely without too much fallout. love it.

on 6/30/2009 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Perfect e/s brush. I use ir every day and it has never shed. Another great brush from EDM!

on 6/29/2009 2:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't have this one with the white bristles, but the newer one with white and black bristles.
I must say...I love it! It works well with all my eyeshadows, and pigments. It applies color beautifully and I have already ordered 3 more, now I will have 4. And the price, is great, for the fantastic quality of this brush.

on 6/18/2009 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this brush is pretty dense and flat. its good for packing pigments on due to its firmness and density. its soft and comfortable to use on ur eyelids. due to its shape, being flat with a curved top, i like using it when i need precision like when i want to apply shadow/pigment to the inner corners of my eye or along my bottom lashes. the onli 'con' to it is that the bristles are white, despite cleaning it a few times, mine is now permanently grey tinged from use with dark pigments. overall a great brush for a cheap price.

Top Rated Everyday Minerals Products