November 24, 2014 | 1991 users online

Hair - Burt's Bees - baby bee shampoo bar [DISCONTINUED]

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by snoooo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so hopeful for this product because I have been determined to protect my daughter from chemicals as much as possible. BUT, shockingly, when I was rinsing it off one day some of the soap got into her eyes and she cried horribly. It was so painful for her!! I still feel horrible about it for her. But most of all, I will never buy this product again, and I am leery of the Baby Bee line. How could they not test a baby soap for the effect on baby's eyes?!?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

As a previous reviewer noted, this product is for BABIES.

I really like this product. It's a no-spill product and easy to control. Anyone who's tried to wash a squirmy baby will appreciate not having to fumble with a slippery, wet plastic bottle or dispenser at the same time. I wet my hands, rub the soap between my hands to work up some lather, apply lather to baby's scalp, and rinse. You don't use much at a time since it lathers easily, plus babies are so small, so a bar will last a very long time. Rinses away quickly and cleanly - I use a measuring cup to pour water over baby's head, that's it, no scrubbing needed. Very little or no scent. Does not dry out baby's hair or scalp either.

Unfortunately, Burt's Bees has discontinued this product and recommends the Shampoo & Wash gel instead. (Update: I don't like the Shampoo & Wash gel - it's fine as a body wash but it turns hair into a squeaky, brittle-feeling, tangled mess.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

I'll start off by saying that I do NOT use this as a shampoo. I have long, wavy hair and it demands a liquid shampoo and hefty conditioner. That said, I adore this shampoo bar for use as a regular soap in the shower. It's especially wonderful after the gym or practice (roller derby...boy do we get stinky!). It does not leave a residue on my skin and helps moisturize. I will use the regular buttermilk soap afterwards as I like a bit more scent left on my skin after I step out of the shower. I even use it in the bath. This is a definite repurchase and a keeper in my gym bag. I haven't tried it as a shampoo...but then again, it IS formulated for babies...they don't usually have as much hair as us adults, so I'm not surprised by the negative feedback in that regard (in terms of adult use as a shampoo). If you have this on hand and didn't like it on your hair, try it on your body! You might be surprised :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2007 10:38:00 AM More reviews by lucyli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is for BABIES! I don't know why everyone is writing a review like it's made for adults. This worked great for my newborn -- is natural and convenient for cleaning her baby hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2006 9:51:00 PM More reviews by toosexy1

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG shampoo. when it lathers up, it makes my hair soft but when i rinse it out, it feels rubbery. its not a bad feeling at all and it doesnt dry ou my hair. i love it

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2006 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Miss_Molly

A couple months ago, during a trip to the mall to find some body oil for my wintery dry skin, I purchased the Baby Bee starter kit which contained the only Burt's Bees body oil on the display. I wanted to try everything in the kit and though not many shampoos work for my very fine hair, I finally decided to try the Baby Bee Shampoo Bar. Initially in the shower this shampoo bar was nice - it had a nice scent and it lathered well (though it took more than one application to get the lather throughout all of my hair). Unfortunately, that was where the nice things ended - once I rinsed this shampoo out of my hair (which was difficult to do), my hair felt almost "matted" and extremely tangled, and I could barely run my fingers through it. I applied conditioner and when that didn't help, I used my regular shampoo to wash the remains of the Burt's Bees shampoo out. After my hair was dry it was still very tangly, and more staticky than normal, and this continued for several more days after that! Needless to say, I won't buy the full-size bar of this shampoo. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2006 10:32:00 AM More reviews by theotherself

This shampoo bar leaves your hair feeling mucky and limp. I have fine, sparse hair and this does nothing for it. It foams up easily enough for a natural shampoo and after rinsing your hair feels squeaky clean, but in a weird way. I don't really know how to describe it in words. When your hair dries, however, it becomes heavy and limp, as if the soap has coated each strand with a layer. By the way, my shampoo bar is on the verge of breaking in half. Not recommended in general. If you love Burt's Bees, try their Herbal Treatment Shampoo. It's a far superior product and just as natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2005 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ashersmom

This bar is good for BABY hair--fine and sparse, not a full thick head of hair as on an adult or even a two year old. I don't understand why an adult would try to use this on their own hair. I like this for cleaning up my 11 month old's head after a long day of food-smushing. :) The smell is okay.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2005 2:08:00 PM More reviews by zpirsig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh, I am striking out big time with Burt's Bees products. I know a lot of people swear by them but they don't work for me. Here's another dud. This left my hair dirty and limp. Perhaps this would be okay as a body soap. Definently will NOT use in my hair ever again. Up for swap!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2005 11:40:00 PM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While this worked decently on my 16 month old's very fine hair, it is very hard to rinse and has the tendency to leave his hair sort of sticky feeling. Getting him to let me rinse his hair is hard enough, without having to convince him to let me rinse it for an extra minute to make sure I got all of the shampoo out. I'll stick to the Baby Magic.