November 27, 2014 | 1662 users online

Foundations - Luminess Air - Luminess Airbrush System

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by BeccahH

I had this makeup system for about two years & I ended up donating it to a thriftstore. The makeup has no longevity & will come off on everything. As far as this compared to Temptu, I can't really say because I refuse to try Temptu's line targeted toward the home consumer. This is where Luminess does gain that second lippy with me; they're system is designed the way that EVERY professional airbrush system is designed. I just really don't care for teh quality of the actual makeup. I might try Luminess again w/ a different brand of airbrush makeup or if they improve their makeup & system.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by royalgalliano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like the other recent reviewers I don't own this product. Just a long time MUA member who is appalled by the blatantly false 5 lippie recent reviews. For actual customer reviews skip to page 8. The people that actually owned it gave it 1 lippy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by blinky8

Yes! I agree with the poster below. MUA, please remove these fake reviews. I almost fell for them and bought the product myself because of the inflated ratings. Glad I read the reviews and realized the latest ones all followed the same themes: item took a long time to arrive and a few tries to get it right, but once they figured it out, their lives were changed. Latest posts are from reviewers that signed up and posted on the same day anout this one product, and then never visited the site again. Argh! Still waiting for my emails to MUA about this very topic to be addressed. I have been a member for years and trust the rating system when deciding on whether to splurge on a product. This discovery was disappointing.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Loritheglory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually don't own this product and have no idea what it's like-my review will probably be taken down soon! BUT: does anyone else notice how all the great 5 star reviews have been up lately and usually there are 2-3 5 star reviews written on the same day? Sounds a bit fishy to me, especially since those reviewers have a similar style of writing (very well versed-no spelling or grammar mistakes) and usually only rate this ONE product. Just want to warn others to not buy from brands, who make their employees write great reviews-there is probably a reason why real customers don't rate like that. Again, I don't own this product, but would prefer to only read real reviews on Makeupalley!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by mstevens88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i like this makeup more than amazing. I just ordered it a few months ago and it did take awhile to get to me, but it was well worth the wait. I put on so little maleup now and still get the same results as i did when i used a heavy liquid foundation and powder on top of that. I would prefer if i could purchase more makeup at an actual store instead of having to buy it online.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by makeupforlife90

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very tricky when you are first trying it but I do agree with the other reviewers it is so easy and lightweight. Makes my wrinkles disappear as well. At first I had a really hard time with my wrinkles showing and called to return but one of the nice ladies sent me a product called Minus-10 for free and I have been in love with it since. It does not show 1 wrinkle. I really like this makeup better than the Bare Minerals I was previously using.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by missstacey22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love my Luminess simple because of what I looked like before. My dark spots would not cover with any makeup but this one. I highly recommend to woman with very dark spots that are looking for coverage.You will not be disappointed.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Jsmitty49

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like to think of myself as fairly well versed when it comes to makeup brands. I have tried all kinds of foundations. Pressed powders, liquid, creams, you name it and i have probably tried it. See, I had really bad acne when I was younger. I was never very good at taking care of my skin. I would pile on foundation and concealer in the morning to cover everything up then when taking it off a night pick and pick and pick away at all of my blemishes. Needless to say I have some pretty significant scarring because of it. It was not until I found out about Luminess Air a couple of years ago that my views on makeup completely changed. I would always weear very heavy makeup (because I needed full coverage) but was never really comfortable and didn't think it looked good. When I started using Luminess is was like...the entire world changed. Because you spray such thin layers the makeup never looks heavy. And it doesnt clog my pores!!!! Bye, bye breakouts! It really has been a miracle. I would recommend luminess makeup to anyone and everyone!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Tgrimis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been wanting to try this product for a long time. Finally I broke down and ordered it. #1) I was surprised at how quickly it came (and the shipping was free)
#2) I was shocked at how quickly I picked up on how to use the system. It goes on kind of like magic, and before your eyes you can see your skin looking flawless.

But...The tell all came on Saturday when I actually got up around 10:00 in the morning to apply (my no make up face). I had a very important party to attend. Somewhere around 3pm which is when I sweat a lot in the sun I took my picture with the makeup on. Later on that day I saw the picture posted on Facebook. OMG...I look 15 years younger, and my face is literally flawless in the photo, yet didn't look (made up)or shiny and oily as other foundations had me look. I don't need any further convincing. . It is worth the money, time and effort.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by nchilds

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the luminess Ultra foundation. Never before have I experienced my skin looking this smooth. Was first introduced to luminess in March by a makeup artist for a wedding. I was so fascinated by airbrushing because it goes on my skin like nothing I have used before. I was a religious makeup for ever HD liquid foundation user and loved it until I saw that my skin looked creamy flawless after using luminess. I tried the matte luminess foundation and it did not work on me as well as I wanted it to. Then I tried the ultra luminess foundation and wow! Wish I could post my picture. Luminess should get a 100 star rating after what it has done for my skin! Love love love you lumpiness and I'm writing everywhere since people post such bad reviews!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No