April 17, 2014 | 1362 users online

Foundations - Luminess Airbrush System

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to try the foundation from Luminess air since I am in LOVE with their Luminess Tan system. Works very well for home use, it just takes me a long time to use the product. I just prefer my old liquid foundation and brush better. The satin finish on the foundation is perfect, not too dry and it's easily to custom blend ones shade.

If you want to give airbrush a try, it's a pretty nice system. I ended up swapping mine as it spent more time in my closet than my makeup counter top..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by kblock

I totally disagree with all the negative reviews !!! I am 110% in love with this system and the product!!! I am 38 years old and have tried every foundation under the sun and mineral makeup!!! This is my God sent product !!! I have been using for nearly 3 months now and I am off all my acne medications and my sisters asked me if I had plastic surgery!!! My routine in the am. Cleanse , moisturizer with SPF 15, wait 3 -4 mins!! Prime. I use about. 7 drops. Then I mix shade 2 and 3 together. About 5 drops each!!! Then I Boost. Then tulip blush. It is priceless. It is long lasting it is radiant. It is worth a thousand dollars in my opinion!!! I am dental hygienist and wear a mask for 9 hours a day!!! This is sooo unbelievable !!!! I love love love love love Luminess!!!! Spend the money!!!! It is more than worth every single penny!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by lexileigh

I got this as a present for my sister. At first I was thrilled to get an airbrushing system! Unfortunately I am highly allergic to this product. I started looking up the ingredients and this product is actually really bad for you. I would not recommend this product anyone. Not pleased. Ingredients cause cancer!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by katcol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I got my Luminess machine for valentines day and I love it!! It started off a little rocky because I couldn't get any makeup to blow out of my stylus but I called customer service and they were great. I spoke with a sweet young lady who was able to walk me through simply tightening up the stylus and then viola! It worked perfectly! I was able to find me perfect shade in the number 3 and I love the coverage. I got the heiress system and it's so cute too! I would definitely say that this product is worth the investment. All in all my Mac makeup really was just as expensive and not nearly as nice and natural!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by clardlune1

Do NOT order this product. I received it in early January and it didn't work as the compressor was defective. I sent it back and received a replacement 3 weeks later. Turns out, the stylus didn't work either. Another 3 weeks later, I received this part. I found out the company has charged an addition $150 in shipping and replacement parts for products that were never even used. This company's products are defective and their customer service is absolutely inept. They also must be going broke because they will try to cheat you out of every penny they can. I am considering reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by tnladyk

I am a 62 yr old caucasian woman who initially intended to purchase the Luminess system from watching the infomercial. That was until I got to the checkout and noticed the small print with the additional monthly payments. I deleted my order and left the site. A couple of days later I received an email asking if I would complete a survey since they noticed I did not complete my order. So I did. One of the options to the question about why I did not complete the order was the recurring payment. Long story short, they gave me a $25 credit to use.

I then began getting email specials every day. Finally one looked good enough to try. I ordered by phone and basically spelled out what I was willing to do and the representative took it. I bought a 3 speed 'Pro' system and the tanning upgrade. Total price was just under $150.

I was rather leery, of course, about all the claims...the ease of use, the coverage, the tan looking natural and lasting 2 weeks, how little product is used, etc. I was basically prepared for that to all be hype, but by golly, I have found it to be not only VERY easy, but truly the best look I've ever had! I'm both surprised and thrilled. The tan is absolutely the most natual ever. I've tried all sorts of sprays, creams, gels, lotions, etc, and before the Luminess system the most natural I had found was the L'Oreal towlettes (they don't streak as bad), and I have been ordering the Tarte Brazillian Maracuja Tanning gel from HSN as its color was great (but still the likelihood of streaking). I have so far used the tanning spray on my neck/upper chest & back, my feet, and on my hands and arms. Hands have always been a disappointment with other products trying to get an anywhere near natural look then trying to get it off the palms without diluting the product on the tops of my hands. The Luminess Tan spray has come out absolutely beautifully!!! The color with one normal coat is appropriate for February, and if I wanted it darker, I would merely need to go over it again. It lasted a good solid week and I added to it a little this morning. It is by far the most natural tan I've ever used!

The makeup was very easy to use, just as they said. My first time went well, the second application looked even better, and by the end of the week it looked fabulous! I do not clean the handpiece after each product. I begin with the 'highlighter' under my brows and inner and outer eyes (2 drops is more than enough), then I use 2 drops of blush. I then put in 2 drops of the bronzer which I use for eyeshadow. At that point, it's looking pretty stark. I then use a blend of foundation colors (1/2 & 1/2 of the 2 they sent). It takes about 12 drops total to get as heavy coverage as I want, but it looks great. I let it go over my eye makeup as well, and it makes it look very natural. The makeup is dry on your face and I have no worries now about leaving it on someone else if I were to get my face on their clothes as we hug or something. When I come home at the end of the day, it still looks great.

The cleaning is VERY easy. I take a Q-tip and swab out what is left on the sides of the little cup on the handpiece. Add water and run it through. Add a little more water and backwash for a couple seconds and it's clear and clean. No problem. The whole thing probably doesn't save me any time overall, but I don't think it really takes any extra time either. I never have to worry about having a base line and it really looks great.

I definitely wanted to write a review because I read through so many before I took the plunge. I hope it doesn't break down as I've seen some complaining about. If it keeps working, I expect to be very, very happy for quite a while. And I don't expect the expense to be much. Especially on the tanning...the Tarte product was $30+ if I bought it on eBay and it wouldn't go nearly as far as one bottle of the airbrush tan. I expect to be recommending this system to my daughter and sister immediately. Good luck to you if you try it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by 1Lslg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would not buy the airbrush compressor. It is cheap, mind broke after 2 weeks (stylus). The foundation is good and the primer is a little sticky. The foundation last a long time. It did not break out my face. Once you get the hang of using the airbrush system the make up looks more natural than using brushes and fingers. Getting the right compressor is the key. The luminess make up is better than most ..... It is light and long lasting . My problem was blending the high lights and dark contours with out looking cakey. Hence I think it was the compressor did not have precision as advertised. I went the cheap route and bought the 1 speed. Now I wish I had three speed for using spray body tan. Over all go cheap until you decide if this product is what you will use a lot then upgrade. What do you do if you travel? This is not ideal for that purpose.
Good luck

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by tuf2beme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this machine. Mine is about 6 years old and works great. I disconnect the hose and put the whole thing in my sonic jewelry cleaner for about 20 minutes with a drop of dish soap and very hot water. Never ever had a clog or took my airbrush apart. I use more than 8 drops or whatever they recommend but the finish is totally flawless and lasts all day. I would buy this again in a heartbeat. Every good foundation is expensive. This is a work horse for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Bjones23

I got my luminess air brush back in October & I love it! I ordered from the website after seeing the infomercial one night. I wasn't too sure on what foundation shade I would need so I just selected the warm category & hoped for the best! When I got the air brush system & tried it, I was so impressed..it looked flawless! I didn't want to get my hopes up too high at first because I have sensitive skin & I didn't know how my skin would react. It is now past the 2 month mark & I haven't had ANY reactions..which is very rare for me when trying new products on my face. I have completely stopped using my MUFE hd foundation. If you have sensitive skin, acne scars, or have a hard time finding something that doesn't make you look cakey..this is for YOU!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Margeilles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product from HSN. And I purchased the medium color kit. I was not happy with the way that this product covered my undereyes and it seems to accentuate every fine line and wrinkle that I have! I thought that it was horrible. And I found that I had to use a lot of product to acutally cover but I think that might be because I needed a lighter shade of foundation to match my skin. I was going to return this product but to my dismay HSN has a "final sale" on this product that they didn't tell you about when you purchased it nor did it say it on the packing slip! Oh and the foundations are SO expensive to purchase that it's not even worth buying in my opinion.