August 2, 2014 | 1506 users online

Foundations - Luminess Air - Luminess Airbrush System

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by kbirlyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a makeup artist and am always looking for newer and better products for my clients.

I love this system. Its better by miles compared to any liquid foundation out there. Doesn't even compare. Full coverage, dewy finish and lasts ALLLL day on even the oiliest skin! If you want a more matte finish, you can lightly go over it with matte setting powder and you're good to go. It shows up beautifully in pictures and the evenness is amazinggg! I love how it sits on the skin.

Its quicker than any other type of makeup! I can literally apply flawless foundation in less than ten minutes whereas before I was having to spend at least 45 minutes on JUST evening out skin tone and blemishes.

Important points:

- You have to teach yourself how to use this system. It takes practice to learn how to apply in a way where you're getting an airbrushed look. The steps are to: moisturize well, prime, conceal and then spray. Follow with setting spray or powder if you wish. I could actually just use the airbrush instead of concealer BUT I prefer doing that with a brush. This system comes with a DVD to teach you how to apply as well.

- The foundations runs a little light so always go a shade darker in my opinion. I mix shades most of the time and I LOVE that I can customize colors for my clients. You typically have to with any foundation but with this its much much easier. Just remember that they run a bit light.

- Its sensitive. Please keep cleaning your machine and do it as soon as you're done applying your makeup. Don't let it sit there until the next application.

- The blush is trickier to apply but its much more natural and prettier than powder blush. The highlighter is amazing as well...love love love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by sailgirl21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The makeup is good. Time consuming when your in a rush so i only use it when i'm going out somewhere fancy.I had a problem with my bottle breaking but the Customer Service replaced it right away and sent me a free gift so I thought that was cool.Overall its a fun thing to have and it doesn't make my acne scars worst than what they are unlike MAC foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by carriesoul1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a very active person, so its very important that I were make up that last for a long period of time. I heard really great things about Luminess Air, so I decided to try it out. I loved it immediately. I love the way it feels on my skin. Its does a really great job covering my acnes scars I had from when I was a teenager but still giving me that natural look I like. I love how I am able to blend the color together without making it look like I have to much on. I also love that its water base, which gives it a extra bonus! Its really easy to put on and the great thing about it, you don't really need a lot of it on your face to blend. I would defiantly recommend this product to anybody. Its a great product and you she defiantly try it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by kenandbarbie

This system is so incredibly easy. You may be intimidated when you set it up but spend a little time in your makeup chair experimenting and before you know it, it will be second nature. I quickly learned little "tricks" to customize my makeup application for my skin and it was flawless - on my FIRST try! I'm not a makeup artist and have mature skin so I studied up on the online videos on Luminess Air's website and also went on YouTube to watch others apply. You need so very little makeup it almost seems inconceivable but it absolutely works. When I came down my husband kept using the word "smooth". He said it didn't look like I had makeup on at all but I had complete coverage. Lasted all day long, too! Be patient and experiment - it's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by fashionlifepretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

First off the airbrush is packaged so nice I store it in the box after use because I just love the way the boxes look. Second I was very hesitant on the reviews I have seen and the commercial but it is not bad at all i'm glad i stepped out on faith to get this.Lastly the makeup is PERFECT!! It literally does not look like I have makeup on just like I have the clearest skin ever and that is the exact look i was going for.System is a little pricey but worth every penny.I definitely recommend to all.Hope this helped :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by sgreene52

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the few products I've actually used right up and gone back for more. I don't like wearing foundation bc my skin is so oily and it usually make me look like I'm wearing grease on my face. This has a great consistency and feels so light and fresh on application. I use the Matte finish number 6 and 8 mixed together and it never fails to give me the look i'm going for. I will continue to purchase over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by flawlessgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Makeup Application is much easier then I thought.Originally bought it for my 16 year old daughter but I sneak in her restroom to use it every morning when she leaves for school so I will have to buy me one next I LOVE it!!!!.I was never into makeup but having a teenage girly girl that is I am now a Luminess fan. BRILLIANT idea glad I purchased this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by ChloeS86

This makeup was very good on my skin. It looks so even and doesn't ever feel heavy. I order my makeup offline which is very easy though it can become inconvenient when you want to try before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by karessaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just got my system about 2 weeks ago and I am loving it. I am mixed and can never find makeup to look right on me always too light or too dark but the shade number 6 is just my color.Shipping was also fast and easy. My experience has been great I recommend to all especially mixed girls.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by grandma1969

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First time using Luminess was for a wedding I was in and I loved it so I bought my own.Makeup last a long time which is great. It does take practice to do it on your own but after you get the hang of it and find your shades it works like a charm.My daughter and I share because they send you 4 different shades for free I thought it was too good to be true but it is exactly how they present it on the commercial.Wonderfull Makeup!!