August 22, 2014 | 1661 users online

Foundations - Luminess Air - Luminess Airbrush System

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Tgrimis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been wanting to try this product for a long time. Finally I broke down and ordered it. #1) I was surprised at how quickly it came (and the shipping was free)
#2) I was shocked at how quickly I picked up on how to use the system. It goes on kind of like magic, and before your eyes you can see your skin looking flawless.

But...The tell all came on Saturday when I actually got up around 10:00 in the morning to apply (my no make up face). I had a very important party to attend. Somewhere around 3pm which is when I sweat a lot in the sun I took my picture with the makeup on. Later on that day I saw the picture posted on Facebook. OMG...I look 15 years younger, and my face is literally flawless in the photo, yet didn't look (made up)or shiny and oily as other foundations had me look. I don't need any further convincing. . It is worth the money, time and effort.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by nchilds

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the luminess Ultra foundation. Never before have I experienced my skin looking this smooth. Was first introduced to luminess in March by a makeup artist for a wedding. I was so fascinated by airbrushing because it goes on my skin like nothing I have used before. I was a religious makeup for ever HD liquid foundation user and loved it until I saw that my skin looked creamy flawless after using luminess. I tried the matte luminess foundation and it did not work on me as well as I wanted it to. Then I tried the ultra luminess foundation and wow! Wish I could post my picture. Luminess should get a 100 star rating after what it has done for my skin! Love love love you lumpiness and I'm writing everywhere since people post such bad reviews!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by lizvonmua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, Love, Love...I bought this 6 months ago and I love it. The coverage is light and natural looking and stays put all day (or all night) long! I do not even use a primer because I don't need it, you will need to use a setting powder though. It is so quick, it literally takes 60 seconds, faster than liquid foundation for me. I used to use it every day but had cut down to save product since I really don't need airbrushed makeup to hit the grocery store, but I would consider it a must buy!! Added bonus...my skin cleared up after using this I think it was because I wasn't using brushes or my fingers which can carry oils and bacteria. My skin also gets irritated and turns red at times but this process helps with that since I am not tugging on my skin.

Also the added feature Glow,I LOVE!!! Its kind of an highlight but in an airbrush formula I put it right on my high cheekbones and it looks great when I couture my face or when I don't. I haven't tried the other products they sell just the foundation and Glow but I'm planning on getting more since I love it so much. Kinda pricey but I'm getting my daughter on for Christmas

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Amyhan201

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got my Luminess Airbrush Makeup kit in the mail last Thursday and have been experimenting with it for 3 days now. So far I LOVE it. Of the top 3 airbrush companies, Luminess won my business. They offer the most choices in foundations, blush, and accessories. I get good coverage, it sets immediately without the need for powder, feels absolutely weightless on my skin, and the colors available ensure a good match. There are about a zillion foundation colors available, and you can also mix different shades to customize your own shade. The website is extremely helpful with how-to videos as well. The kit came well packaged and included everything I needed to get started. I've already put in 2 more orders for blushes, full size foundations, etc.

Downsides??? Price -- This is definitely an investment. The makeup is fairly expensive and I seem to be going through it faster than stated. Maybe because I'm still learning and have not mastered the technique of getting the most coverage with little product. Secondly, the shipping is not exactly fast. I don't know if I'd say it's super slow, but it I paid for expedited shipping on my second order and it still is taking almost a week. I don't know that it is the fault of the company or USPS though. Thirdly, you can only get this foundation from the Luminess website, so don't let yourself run out!

Other than that, this stuff is amazing. I'll update my review once I master the system...blushes, eyeshadow, contouring, etc...PS you can also buy an airbrush tanning addition for home use!!! How cool is that????

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by MimiT2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I luv luv luv this product! Took me my 2nd try to get it right. Quick, easy, flawless results! All women need this product. No more running to retail & standing there staring at products. Covers my hyperpigmented skin areas perfect. Lasts all day! In the trash goes all my other productrs I have been using. HELLO LUMINESS!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by bethteasley

I am just your average consumer, not a makeup artist or professional cosmetologist. However, my job requires a lot of public speaking. Therefore, it is important I always look my best. My skin has occasional blemishes and uneven tone. Applying foundation the traditional way did not completely cover those areas without looking caked on. Even when I used a primer and concealer I was left with either, blotchy skin that never looked quite clean, or skin that looked caked with makeup. Neither of which is very attractive.
The Luminess Air product does exactly what it says it can do. I am very pleased with the results. I purchased the three-speed compressor and starter kit for medium skin tones. Initially, I was skeptical about purchasing their product based on the reviews. However, since Luminess Air offered a trial period, I felt confident there was nothing to loose.
It took some practice to learn how to use the system. The hardest part was learning how to clean the system thoroughly. Cleaning the system properly is the most important step in maintaining optimal function. The most effective way I've found to clean the system is by running tap water into the bowl to flush out any leftover makeup residue and then adding the alcohol/water mixture and spraying it out into the sink. The needle needs cleaning after approximately every three uses, but depends on how much make up I use. For instance, if I use the moisturizer/primer, boost-it, blush, foundation, and eye shadow the needle needs cleaning after each use. If I just use the foundation, I clean the needle after every three uses, but flush the system well after each use.
I have been using the Luminess Airbrush system daily for about four or five months. I set the system on the highest speed to apply the foundation because the other speeds do not provide adequate power; there is a hesitation. The only time I've experienced a splatter is when I've gone too long without cleaning the needle. It is easy to correct the splatter by stippling the area with a makeup foundation brush.
Using the airbrush system has not reduced the amount of time it takes to apply makeup in the morning. However, I do not have to touch up anything except lipstick throughout the day. This makeup stays fresh all day and all night. The few Times I've slept in the makeup has proven this theory. I also LOVE how light the makeup looks and feels. It does not cake into the creases of my middle-aged skin and creates a more youthful appearance. My favorite foundation is the Luminess Air Ultra. I have not tried other brands, but strongly believe using another brand's water based airbrush make up would not harm the system.
The con of this system is the foundation bottle is small. I get one months use out of a 4 oz bottle at a cost of $ 51.45 shipping and handling included. However, the pros way outnumber the con. Since I did not need to return the product, I cannot provide feedback on their return process and customer service.
Sorry for the lengthy information, but hope it helps anyone who is interested in trying an airbrush system. I highly recommend it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by sailout86

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw the informercial on tv and after a while I decided to try purchase the luminess. I rarely buy things from tv but it looked like it might be good to use. It did take a while to get to me but when it did I read the directions and watched the dvd. It was informative but I still had questions I went to u tube and they have a bunch of tutorial you can watch. It takes some getting used to, the foundation is not what I was used to, I always had a cream foundation and even the mineral powders so using something that appears so thin did seem strange at first. It took a couple of tries to get the right coloring but after some trial and error I did find the perfect combo for my skin. I use the primer as well I feel it sets the skin nicely before the makeup goes on. I found for me the lighter touch works well. At first I felt it was hardly covering but I noticed the foundation 'set' on my skin after a few minutes and by the time i leave for work i feel i look polished.
I can't believe how little it takes to cover my complexion.After many months I just opened the new bottles they sent me I was using the samples for a long time. My luminess did conk out on me after about 2 weeks but I called customer service and received a replacement right away I was afraid to call after I read some reviews that people complained about their service (had I read those reviews before I would never have bought the product) but I called and had absolutely no problem with customer service. They were helpful, polite and attentive. Every time i've called them they've been great. I get comments from people all the time about how good my skin looks. I'm 50 yrs old and really wasn't expecting anyone but me to notice but they have. All in all it does take some getting used to but I wouldn't want to be without it. It is almost fun to use if i can say that. I hope this review helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by susanwalter647

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this airbrush system for almost a year. When I first received it it came with a makeup starter kit that did not match my skin tone. I called into customer service and the woman that I spoke with was very understanding and helpful. I emailed her a picture of myself and she was able to pick out a shade. Just a short time later I received new foundation that matched me perfectly. Because I have oily skin I found that the ultra and silk foundations did not wear the best on me. I called and changed my makeup club to send me matte foundation instead of ultra and have never been happier. The matte foundation is a little thicker, therefore heavier, than the other foundations but it does not feel heavy on my skin. I love that it gives full coverage also. Any time I have had an issue they are always more than happy to accommodate and help me. Great product, amazing staff, incredible service.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by sadoug1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! It's my absolute must have! I have oily skin, my forehead is often much oilier then the rest of my face and prone to breakouts, and this product manages to give me good overall coverage, which is so hard to find.
I've read a lot of reviews saying that it causes breakouts and the company is horrible, but I can say I have never had a problem, in fact my skin looks a lot better since using this product
My one little niggle is the price- it is expensive but a little goes a long way, so I don't find myself having to buy the product often.

Overall, I will never go back to using brushes and powder foundation again! But, for those thinking of buying it-Really know what your getting yourself into. I can see that is why they have the bad reviews bc ppl don't know that with infomercials there is always more to the cost and you have to READ!! I am very happy with the product and will continue to use as long as i have no problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by kbirlyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a makeup artist and am always looking for newer and better products for my clients.

I love this system. Its better by miles compared to any liquid foundation out there. Doesn't even compare. Full coverage, dewy finish and lasts ALLLL day on even the oiliest skin! If you want a more matte finish, you can lightly go over it with matte setting powder and you're good to go. It shows up beautifully in pictures and the evenness is amazinggg! I love how it sits on the skin.

Its quicker than any other type of makeup! I can literally apply flawless foundation in less than ten minutes whereas before I was having to spend at least 45 minutes on JUST evening out skin tone and blemishes.

Important points:

- You have to teach yourself how to use this system. It takes practice to learn how to apply in a way where you're getting an airbrushed look. The steps are to: moisturize well, prime, conceal and then spray. Follow with setting spray or powder if you wish. I could actually just use the airbrush instead of concealer BUT I prefer doing that with a brush. This system comes with a DVD to teach you how to apply as well.

- The foundations runs a little light so always go a shade darker in my opinion. I mix shades most of the time and I LOVE that I can customize colors for my clients. You typically have to with any foundation but with this its much much easier. Just remember that they run a bit light.

- Its sensitive. Please keep cleaning your machine and do it as soon as you're done applying your makeup. Don't let it sit there until the next application.

- The blush is trickier to apply but its much more natural and prettier than powder blush. The highlighter is amazing as well...love love love it!