October 24, 2014 | 1882 users online

Eye Shadow - Too Faced - Galaxy Glam in Shooting Star

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

Galaxy glam is the perfect naming for this product as you look at the shadow it is a matte black with swirls of light pigmented pink looking like a galaxy. This is a very pretty product but doesnt turn out so special on the eyes. The color on the lids shows more of a matte black and not much of the pink going on here. I use this at the end of my lid and in the crease for a smoked out look. Also, the texture isnt silky like you get in the Too Faced brand of eyeshadows.There is a ton of product in the pot and very little goes a long way as you need very little product on your brush for a big result. Ive had it for 3 years now and barely dented the surface, therefore, I wont be needing another one.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by kristynrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased three eyeshadows a while back on too faced's website for about the same cost as one drug store shadow would cost (too faced was having a sale!) These shadows are ok, just ok. Wish my eyeshadow had more of the lighter color In it, but at the price I found them for no big deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by hieppity

Bought this online on sale, and it is so awesome I'd pay full price! (And I am super cheap, so that's saying a lot!)

I use the black for my outer V, and it works so well for that - a lovely dark colour but still with a bit of a golden shimmer to it.

I have tried using the golden swirls for my inner eye, but pick up too much black for that. However, it's still great for using in the middle of my lid. If you had larger swirls/smaller brush/more patience, you could probably get all the colours you'd need for a smoky eye out of this single eyeshadow.

AND IT'S HUGE! Can't see hitting pan before losing it or breaking it.

Love this eyeshadow!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rainbodragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have all but the blue and green ones, and i love them. i cant get seperate colors really, but when used as a normal e/s you get the most gorgeous duo chrome of the colors in the pot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 4:10:00 AM More reviews by AlexisAdella

These shadows are such a great value to me. If you can find one with a good amount of swirls, you can really get two colors out of it, besides the great look of them mixed. This one has a matte black base, and a good amount of gold shimmer veining. The two together mixed almost looks olive green on my eyes which I love. Mixed with brown/green shadow this really makes a statement. I would like to use them as a liner (I have Magenta Moon as well) but am afraid of getting the dreaded hard spot from water in the middle of the shadow. I'll update if I ever get the nerve. :o) These were on sale on TooFaced.com not too long ago, and I worry are soon on the way out...I hope not. Start buying these babies up guys. :O) I hear a few are good dupes of the NARS Night e/s collex.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

very pretty glittering charcoal color. i havent used this wet (almost afraid to) but i bet its twice as beautiful! id repurchase because this color is hard to find or dupe

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sorry to bring down the rating for this but I think it is an over-hyped product. I was excited to try this out, expecting a sexy dark smokey eye with a subtle hint of gold...sounded perfect! However, when I put this on it made my green eyes look amazingly dull and look like I had a black eye. The gold sheen looked really odd, the shadow just looked like an off grey colour with a funky yellow colour running through it, it looked like I had some bad eye fungal infection! Considering the price aswell, I was expecting a lot more. I do however love the green version (moonbeam) and would recommend this one instead of shooting star. Gave it 2 lippys for the texture *very soft* and concept *swirly eyeshadow...what's not to love about that idea?* Unfortunately the colour did just not appeal to me at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Shooting star comes in a little silver rounded container with a magnifying clear cap on top. They are Italian baked multi-dimensional iridescent eyeshadows. The cake of makeup inside is an interesting swirl of colour. Shooting star is made up of black semi-matte, gold microshimmer, and white swirls.

I think it is an excellent colour to wear if you love smokey eyes. Basically, this shadow adds a sexy twist to a normal black smokey eye by giving it more dimension. I have found that it works best over too faced shadow insurance eyeshadow base.

When applied, you have control over how it looks. You can concentrate on the black swirls, or you can concentrate on the white swirls or you can just swish your applicator all around to get a mix of them.

For 3 g of product, you will pay 12. It is a lot of money to invest, but this container will last a long time, a couple of years for me, I'm guessing.

The way that shooting star goes on the skin is to have a charcoal gray base- almost black- and the gold shimmers rise to the top giving it a mutli-dimensional look. It truely looks lovely...not as harsh as an all black shadow, & in certain lights you can see the mixture of the charcoal & gold...stunning.

You can also apply these with a damp brush- but concentrate on one area of the cake so as to keep the rest of it powdery. Damp brushes tend to compact powder shadows over time.

I'd definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 3:37:00 PM More reviews by may_baby

To try this out, I ordered this color and the Moonbeam and the other one that's blue-ish. I wasn't too wowed by the other two so I returned those but had to keep this one. I love this color. The swirls of black, gold and white makes it easy to pick up with a brush single colored or blended. To do my eye corners, I just use more of the black. On the inner eye I use more of the white and gold and blend outwards. You can really see the color change from light to dark. Or if it's all blended, you can see that it's a soft black with a touch of gold. So beautiful. I'd repurchase if they came out with some other color blends. Not too fond of the screw cap but cute container nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Caprig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, this collection of shadows from Too Faced- the Galaxy Glam shadows - is one of the nicest I have seen in a long while. It is the first time in a long while that I have seen anything besides MAC pigments with heavy pigmentation that actually stays put on my all day and night without fading or disappearing.

Shooting Star is the most unique of the shadows. It is a charcoal black base with black shimmer and swirls of translucent base with gold shimmer in it. When you run the applicator/brush over it, the mix is divine.

The quality is lovely- very soft, heavily pigmented, and lush. I use the Shadow Insurance under it and it lasts all day. Looks fantastic with Metallic Pearl from LORAC and with MAC Gold metal pro pigment for a fabulous evening look. Shooting STar is the perfect smokey eye with a gold twist- very sophisticated.

The black in this shadow is very very dark, and it is a bit tough to get off, but that is good- it stays put very well. I have not used it wet, as the Too Faced Shadow Insurance gives me fabulous coverage as it is.

$19.50 is too high for this shadow, and I find that the pot it is in is a little too difficult to hang on to for application. However, the shadow is so unique and durable that it is still worth the hassle of price and clumsy container.

The other three colors in this line are also lovely, but I could only buy one, and I chose Shooting Star. The other one that I would love to get eventually is Super Nova- a black, warm pink, and purple mix which is absolutely gorgeous.

I think that this shadow is much more worth about $15 or so, but again, no other shadow in any line that is black with gold stays on me at all- and it does not look lush like this does either. Thankfully I was able to get a good sample of it to wear it for a long time to make sure that it is good for me. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No