August 27, 2014 | 996 users online

Fragrances - Pacifica - Tuscan Blood Orange

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Audralee27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been purchasing Pacifica products for awhile now b/c I'm an organic/greenie & a young, repeat breast cancer survivor so I'm highly particular about what I eat, use, wear, etc. & Pacifica products are phenomenal! They're 100%Vegan, cruelty free, is formulated without parabens, phthalates & propylene glycol & is vehemently against animal testing. They're made in the USA (Oregon) which is super important & a portion of their proceeds support clean water which is a cause that's crucial to our environment & I highly support.
I own majority of Pacifica's scents which is a surprise because I'm typically highly particular & don't like a lot of scents on the market. I also tend to get bad headaches if I wear certain perfumes which doesn't make a difference whether I purchase expensive scents from department store perfumes/body sprays or drug stores products/scents so I was elated when I purchased Pacifica products because NOT one scent has given me a headache & I've worn MANY of their scents.
I was surprised to see Pacifica's Tuscan Blood Orange not having a higher rating/lippies since it's such a hugely popular scent & one that's such a stand out of a scent. The Tuscan Blood Orange packaging describes the scent as a "Sparkling Orange, spicy Italian Mandarin and Red Raspberry Notes." On Pacifica's website it also says there's strawberry.
If you're an orange lover, but don't like a fake/phony orange, then this is the scent for you. I've tried EVERY orange scented perfume/spray & have always been disappointed until this scent & I've even tried the ultra expensive L'Occitane L'Orange Ruban, Philosophy, Bath & Body, The Body Shop & a long list of orange scented perfumes that were either too orangey on the phony/cheap side, like Tang, too spicy or too subtly scented.
The orange scent's strong, but elegant b/c it's blood orange scent which has a richer, sweeter & sophisticated scent. The underlying notes of ripe raspberry & luscious strawberry intermingle w/ the blood orange scent perfectly. It's PERFECTION & so yummy! I own the bar of soap, solid perfume, roll on, body butter, shower gel & perfume spray & each one has its place. I love this scent so much that I stock up on it whether I'm at Whole Foods, Target or online! I love there's no harsh or toxic chemicals in their products, just quality ingredients. The bar of soap serves dual purposes in our loo as a decoration & the scent's so intoxicating & beautiful to smell whenever in the bathroom. The solid perfumes great as it lasts a long time. The perfume spray's good, but the scent doesn't last as long so repeat application may be necessary. It's a wonderful scent like majority of Pacifica's fragrances so it can be layered w/ other fragrances w/out overdoing it or being too overwhelming, it layers & pairs perfectly w/ other scents. The body wash is fabulous & when paired w/ the body butter; the scents lasts w/out being overwhelming. I keep the travel size body butter 2.5oz in my handbag, car glove compartment, gym bag, etc. as it's easy to take anywhere & I can't go w/out using it b/c it makes my skin smooth, soft & smelling great but w/out it being sticky, thick or greasy feeling most body butters leave on the skin no matter how much you rub it into your skin.
My favorite product by far from Pacifica is their perfume roll-on sticks! They're so handy & adorable! I also bring it w/ me everywhere & use it whenever I need a little extra scent. The perfume scent seems to last longer in the roll-on stick style. I even use the roll-on stick at bedtime. I roll it on the inside of elbow, my neck & wrists & breathe in the magnificent scent while relaxing & drifting off to sleep. The orange scent is just so rich, fresh, juicy & yummy! It reminds me of ripe blood red oranges w/ complex depths & layers of luscious strawberry & raspberry bringing this scent together perfectly! I can't thank Pacifica for this exquisite scent & hope they NEVER discontinue it b/c the best orange perfume I've ever smelled! It's so delicious & yummy! This scent's what I'd expect the blood oranges, raspberries & strawberries to smell & taste like in Europe; esp. Italy & France. This scent makes me happy when I smell it & wear it! I feel an air of sophistication when wearing it & have received & continue to receive compliments daily when I wear this scent. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this intoxicating, sultry, sexy scent that always puts me in a happy mood!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a lush fruit scent with a perfect balance between the sweetness and acidity of fruit like oranges, raspberries, and perhaps a hint of pineapple. I really enjoy a fruit scent that smells like proper fruit, not fruity candy which is hard at this price point. My only complaint is that the scent does not last long for me, but since it's fairly cheap I don't mind as much and I'm going to try it out with a carrier oil and see how that effects how long it lasts. It's a nice every day scent and for $8 and some change I can overlook the longevity flaw.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I am in love with this scent! It is fresh, sweet and energizing. I have the rollerball and it is very easy to tote around with me everywhere I go. My one (big) complaint is that this scent does not last nearly as long as it should. I don't know if I had the spritzer, maybe it would last longer. I apply this to my wrists, behind my ears, etc. and then in half an hour it needs to be reapplied. For this, I took off one star (I do not want to take off two since the scent really is amazing.) Pacifica should really investigate the formula and see what the problem is, because I have a similar fragrance from them that lasts for hours and hours (Persian Rose).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

Smells so energizing ! the pacifica tuscan orange perfume smells like someone is holding a peeled orange peel under your nose!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells like a clean citrus-y shampoo to me. Very long lasting and strong.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This perfume does smell absolutely glorious- like fresh, ripe, bursting-with-juice, blood oranges. And it doesn't have that fake or artificial or chemical fruit smell ala Garnier products. It smells very real and natural and you'll practically want to take a bite out of yourself after you apply it. That being said, I just can't get past my frustration at the lasting power or strength of this fragrance (I have the rollerball oil). In order to smell it, I have to put what feels like a TON of it on... and then very quickly I don't smell it at all. I have other rollerball oil perfumes that last all day, so I don't know what the issue is with this stuff! I find myself specifically not choosing to wear this because I know the smell won't last or will be barely noticeable. I only occassionally put some on when the hubby and I have some preplanned cuddle time because I know he likes the scent. Though the scent is gorgeous, I just can't get past my frustration at how light and short-lived it is. Bummer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Luscious juicy citrus with just a hint of floral. It's perfect for a hot summer day and surprisingly is a huge compliment getter. Definitely a "mmm you smell good" fragrance rather than a "what perfume are you wearing" one. I had to take off a lippie for the poor lasting power but at these prices just grab the roll on version too, for touch ups during the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by marhope78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Last summer, I bought this fragrance online in the solid version. I remember loving the scent but unfortunately it basically melted in my purse during the hot days of summer. I had forgotten about it until I saw the roller ball version at Target and decided to buy it because it was so affordable. I'm so glad I did, and just in time for the warmer seasons! This liquid version lasts much longer on me than the solid. I've never been a fan of citrusy scents, but this is so juicy and delicious with a kick of sweetness (but no too much). My hubby loves it, too, and said it reminds him of orange candy, but not in an adolescent sort of way. I highly recommend giving it a try:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

Oh my, how I love this Tuscan Blood Orange fragrance! I have read a lot of complaints in regards to the longevity of this fragrance, however, I have found it to be potent for quite awhile and I don't even layer it with the body creme or solid fragrance. I wouldn't say it lasts all day without re-applying, but I certainly get subtle wafts of it throughout the day. It is not cloying like a lot of synthetic fragrances, nor does it create headaches or sneezing fits, which I can experience with other perfumes. I bought a small roller-ball glass tube of this at Target for about $12. I wish Target carried the large spray bottle. Up until Target recently selling Pacifica products, the only easy way I could get my hands on them was to order them online. I love the fact that the Pacifica line is not tested on animals and that they are natural products too, not laden with nasty, artificial ingredients. The fragrance smells to me like sweet orange blossoms.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by sincle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, natural fragrance. It's very one toned, with the slightest whiff of strawberries, but mainly oranges. I got this for $12 at Target, I think, in the rollerball. It's got a nice stainless steel roller rather than a plastic one, which looks nicer and feels soothing on the skin.
The lasting power of this fragrance is terrible. Lasts an hour, tops. However, it's portable, affordable, and I quite like the scent. It's fresh and simple and I will be repurchasing.