Stila Capri Colors Trio 2002

4.7

on 8/19/2009 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Although this item is no longer available as it was LE back in 2002, I felt like I had to review it. It's probably one of my all time favorite trios from Stila, or anyone for that matter. No matter what, I get compliments when I wear it as it really makes my blue / green eyes POP. It has three shades of purple, all of which are very shimmery (dare I say frosty?) A light pink (similar to Heather but this is better IMO), a medium taupey plum (similar to Grace, but this is better IMO), and a dark shimmery plum (similar to Poise, but this is better IMO) which I usually use wet as a liner. If you can find it UNUSED on eBay or MUA, grab it! You won't regret it! I wouldn't go for a used one since it's probably 7 years old at this point.

on 2/22/2008 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this trio. The purples in this trio are gorgeous. They really bring out my olive green eyes and they go on so smoothly. Stila shadows IMO are very pigmented, so the payoff is great.

I wear this trio every time I get. Its really lovely. Another winner from Stila!

I would repurchase.

on 3/25/2007 8:23:00 AM

Nice trio of purples. I like to wear these at night. They are HOT. I swear to God. I mean, when I wear these, *pow!* There is no other word. I'd recommend these to ANYONE!

on 2/14/2006 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

If you love purples, then this is a must have. limited edition trio of purples. Kinda similiar to the new 2005 rain showers but much more pigmented. Three shimmery shades of purple, a light pink, medium taupey plum, a dark shimmery plum. Gorgeous trios and one of my favorites. (have all of them). Retails for $28.

on 4/9/2005 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This has NOW become my officially favorite Stila trio of all!
I cannot believe how wonderful these shades are!
I am not too good at applying eyeshadow, I must say, but my sister-in-law showed me an easy technique and I then tried it with the Capri trio and..oh my goodness! It made my eyes look so glamorous!!!
So easy to blend and the color WILL NOT crease at all!
WOW...I just wish Stila made these round trios again...they're so lovely and so much fun!

on 1/9/2005 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love the Stila eyeshadows. Soft textures and long wearing. This is one of my favorite trios. The middle color seems alot like grace to me also. Very pretty dark purple color for crease and lining.Cute package but not very sturdy.

on 11/29/2004 2:16:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am officially in love with these colors! They all look really blah on the box, but don't let it fool you! It looks amazing on. I applied the middle shade (similar to Grace but way better)with a wet brush as a wash over my eyelids, then used the lightest color applied over the brow bone, then finished it off with the dark purple shade (like Poise) applied as an eyeliner, then smudged it with some of brown eyeliner. I just love this look for those days when I want to look glam and polished without looking too made up.

on 12/22/2003 1:13:00 PM

This trio looks great in the pan and has cute packaging. Others described the colors well. I think this would be great for some, but not for me. On my shade c skin w/ yellow undertones it makes me look tired. I've really tried to make this work but it didn't do much for my blue eyes and everytime I wear it I look tired or lightly bruised. Such a bummer!

on 11/27/2003 2:14:00 PM

I was looking for a nice subtle and slightly smoky lilac-purple-burgandy eye look and this trio is just it! LB Cool palette was too cool and pastel for me so I'm glad I swapped for this! I get a subtle smoky purple eye look that has surprising depth despite it's so-so appearance when I first laid eyes on it.

on 11/23/2003 3:11:00 PM

This is my favorite Stila Trio. The colors look great on, though they can be a bit dark if I apply to heavily. I love wearing the middle shade on the lid with the dark plummy color as a liner. It makes my blue-gray-green eyes pop and stand out, without looking like I am wearing too much makeup. This is a great alternative for me, because I am so pale and pink toned instead of wearing brozey colors to make my eyes pop (they are too warm). This does the job perfectly