October 24, 2014 | 1880 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Quite Natural

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by olfactorysensation

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is easily in my top 10 MAC products. I use several of the Paint Pot shades and find them better than any other eye base that I've tried.

Quite Natural Paint Pot is a neutral creme-finish dark brown cream eye shadow that works as a base for power eye shadows. It has incredible staying power and give great vibrancy to whatever you layer over the top. Quite Natural is perfect for creating a smokey eye base and would work well with any deep-coloured eyeshadow over the top. In the past Ive used it to create more toned-down coloured smokey eyes (like purples and greens) or as a base for other brown shadows for a neutral smokey look.

I find the creme-finish Paint Pots tend to have better pigmentation and staying power than the shimmer versions. I don't use this particular shade all the time, but it hasn't dried out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Dangelique

I La La Looove My Paint Pot In Quite Natural. I Use This On A Daily Basis To Fill In My Eyebrows. I Like That The Color Is Really Matte. I Have Tryed Out Soooooo Many Different Products And Have Yet Come Across Anything Better. The Name Speaks For Itself It Is Quite Natural ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product and lot of times I went out the door just putting this on lids and mascara. Easy smoking eyes. I cant see myself getting through it! I am tossing it because it more than 3 years old now and the product is dried

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by mumcanyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This and Groundwork are my staple eye make up.
depending on the application they provide an absolutely natural look (what ever that is...) or a more 'finished' - um finish!

Easy application with a clean finger or brush.

Keep the lid on tight to avid drying out.
If they do 'crack up' in the pot 15 secs in the microwave 'melts' them back into as new condition.

I use them with either the Mac eyeliner or Urban decay pencils.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by nattycakes

I do like this product, the colour is AMAZING, I use it in my everyday look the only thing I find, is that it dries quite quickly while applying it which makes it hard to blend! Apart from that I'd defiantly recommend it and will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by LiliRoseVoice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The product itself is very good: the color is quite warm and matte, it is an everyday color for me which brings out my blue-grey eyes. The texture is very creamy but sets quite quickly. I can use this on its own as an all-over wash, or layer it with golds, pinks, browns and cream shadows.
The packaging is ok although I'm a bit scared that the jar won't close properly and might cause the product to dry out, although it hasn't happened yet. The jar is quite sturdy but also a little heavy. The price is relatively high (I paid 22 euros in Italy) but there is a ton of product that will definitely last a long time (if it doesn't dry out).
I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the concept of Paint Pots, little cream eyeshadows that are oh so easy to apply and with a wash of colour you're ready to go, or for an intense look - applying a powder eyeshadow can do the trick. Quite Natural is an almost ashy cool toned muddy brown cream eyeshadow (that was a mouthful). Now the versatility of this paint pot is what got me sold, I once asked a sales woman what she had on her eyebrows... she claimed it was this Paint Pot, "Get outta herreee..." I was thinking, I had to purchase with immediate effect. I absolutely love this on my eyebrows,I have defined and structured eyebrows in seconds that look, well... quite natural... (Pun very much intended). I would definitely recommend it for that factor. Using this as an eyeshadow though wasn't as longwearing as I had hoped, I use it on a daily as an almost smoky neutral eye on my NW43 skin, I love the grungy look it creates but really, it's got something I like to call "The crease factor", I like to look quite polished most of the time, so creasing eyeshadow isn't always my preferred look so this Paint Pot let me down quite a bit for that reason. But nonetheless, I have much love for it, I'd probably have to wear a primer under this for optimal results...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first paint pot from Mac. This is a medium brown color. Very creamy and pigmented. I love using this as a base for my brown/purple/gray smokey eyes. Favorite eyeshadows to wear with this base would be Mac's brown script and tempting. Definitely would repurchase this shade and check out the other paint pots! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this! I can use this day or night and go from natural to dramatic easily. I have found myself wearing all by itself a lot. Every time I wear it I receive complements. I use a fluffy brush to apply and I find this gives the best results. Great product and color!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by gorkt

Finally! I have been searching for a Matte light brown cream shadow in a cocoa shade for a long long time. I have a Clinique touch base that was discontinued that was my HG base. I loved that I could just apply a sheer wash over my eyelid and into the crease and it had a nice natural look. It is hard to find cream shadows that don't have a lot of shimmer. This is a really nice product!