November 20, 2014 | 2022 users online

Treatments (Face) - E.L.F. - Shine Eraser Blotting Sheets

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by franteambreezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm from the UK and here they're a lot more expensive than a dollar which is one reason for not liking them as much. I usually use kleenex blotting papers which are incredibly cheap here and you seem to get more in a packet. They are pretty much like ELF except I can usually reuse kleenex ones. ELF sheets are too thin and flimsy for me to re use and they usually remove my makeup as well as oil in the process (so do kleenex). However I'm also usually oily again within a short time so I'm still on the hunt for a perfect blotting paper but will use kleenex papers till then.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sure, it takes about a million of them before I'm content with the removal of oil, but they're so cheap I really can't complain. If I'm out and need them, it only takes a quick trip to Target or wherever to bring me relief. Improvements could be made, make them a little bigger and a little thicker and they'd be just fine. You get what you pay for ladies, and this isn't too bad a deal.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I used these the first time a few years ago and thought I remembered liking them, so ordered some more just recently. But whether E.L.F. have changed them or I've just been spoilt by the amazing Kleenex blotting sheets, it's now hard for me to remember why I thought I ever like them because they're awful!

First off these are thin. And we're not talking sheet of paper thin or even sheet of toilet tissue thin. These are more like really, really, really thin tracing paper. In fact they're almost transparent they're that thin! As a result, using one sheet on your face is practically impossible and even if you do manage to remove just one sheet from the packet, as soon as you apply it to your face it rips. So then you spend another 5 minutes fiddling about trying to get another one out of the packet, only to have that one rip too! I tried to be delicate with these things, but if you accidentally grab more than one (which I promise you, you will) it's impossible to get the spare ones back in the packet so you just end up using them for the sake of it or else throwing them away.

I have to confess to using two or three at a time in the end just to get rid of them quicker. The most annoying thing is that once you've fiddled about with them for 10 minutes they don't even work that well. The E.L.F. UK website talks about these being 'amazing little sheets' which 'instantly absorb oil, minimize pores and mattify shiny skin'. Urm... no they're not and no, no, no they don't. For £1.95 I guess you get what you pay for, but the website shouldn't be making such grand claims about a product that (in my experience) just doesn't deliver!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm glad these sheets only cost $1, because for me at least they were a waste of money. It's been a while since I've used blotting sheets, but I don't remember them being as perfectly useless as these. I picked these up because I've been going minimalist purse wise this summer and a tiny pack of blotting sheets takes up less space in my wristlet than a powder compact and my skin is too oily to go without some sort of blotting product. I was hoping these sheets could allow me to leave my powder at home, but they don't do a good enough job for that. They barely pick up any oil at all. I don't notice a difference on my face, and there's no noticeable sign on the paper than any oil is being absorbed either.

I'm also annoyed by how difficult it is to remove a single sheet of paper from the packaging. The papers are so thin that trying to pick up one usually means picking up three, and it's tricky to put the rest back without crumpling them up. I wish there was tape on inside of the cover to pull the sheets out like Clean & Clear has.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Josienicole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are awesome. They take care of oil on my face. I need to use a few sheets each time, but so what? Totally worth it for a buck!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by sarahrose53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like these blotting sheets a lot. They do the job, and I like that you can flip them over and use both sides. They definitely absorb oil and shine and mattify my skin. They claim to minimize pores and mask facial imperfections, and I don't notice either of those things happening. Otherwise, they do what I want them to do, which is mattify my skin, so I'm happy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Oil Blotting Sheets by e.l.f. are ordinary in my opinion. The packaging is a little cardboard "envelope" & it contains 50 sheets. It's thin & maybe 3 inches long, so it's easy to carry around. They work—just barely. They're not as good as they could be for the reason that it does take some of the oil off my face, but not nearly enough. I'll use both sides of one sheet on my forehead or cheeks alone & hardly see improvement. To be fair, I have oilier skin than most & I know I shouldn't have expected magic from a $1 oil control product. I don't see any pore minimization & it doesn't make my skin very matte.

Also, if you have makeup on & decide to blot, it'll take some of it off… be careful if you're wearing foundation. If you have "normal oily" skin & not "very oily," I recommend these since they're only $1 & will probably be useful if you only have an oily t-zone, for example. If you have oily skin all over or if your skin is excessively oily like mine, I'd skip this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OMG! I have always blotted with one ply of tissue paper, but when I tried these today on my t-zone, I was surprised with how fast these took to do the job. Once you place them on your face, they stick and absorb all the excess oil in seconds! Of course, if you have oily skin, you will have to use three sheets to cover your whole face, but these are great to take out with you if you needed to reapply your powder during a night out, so you use these first then the powder to get a fresh makeup face again. Worth the money and do the job very well!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover1018

You do get your moneys worth! its only a buck! it does reduce shine but it does not last. but for the price it is good.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

My face is very oily and these shine erasers do take away a lot of oil but I do not like how it takes the color of my makeup off and I only blott I don't like that! But hey they are good for being only $1