October 1, 2014 | 1142 users online

Treatments (Face) - E.L.F. - Shine Eraser Blotting Sheets

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I used these the first time a few years ago and thought I remembered liking them, so ordered some more just recently. But whether E.L.F. have changed them or I've just been spoilt by the amazing Kleenex blotting sheets, it's now hard for me to remember why I thought I ever like them because they're awful!

First off these are thin. And we're not talking sheet of paper thin or even sheet of toilet tissue thin. These are more like really, really, really thin tracing paper. In fact they're almost transparent they're that thin! As a result, using one sheet on your face is practically impossible and even if you do manage to remove just one sheet from the packet, as soon as you apply it to your face it rips. So then you spend another 5 minutes fiddling about trying to get another one out of the packet, only to have that one rip too! I tried to be delicate with these things, but if you accidentally grab more than one (which I promise you, you will) it's impossible to get the spare ones back in the packet so you just end up using them for the sake of it or else throwing them away.

I have to confess to using two or three at a time in the end just to get rid of them quicker. The most annoying thing is that once you've fiddled about with them for 10 minutes they don't even work that well. The E.L.F. UK website talks about these being 'amazing little sheets' which 'instantly absorb oil, minimize pores and mattify shiny skin'. Urm... no they're not and no, no, no they don't. For 1.95 I guess you get what you pay for, but the website shouldn't be making such grand claims about a product that (in my experience) just doesn't deliver!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm glad these sheets only cost $1, because for me at least they were a waste of money. It's been a while since I've used blotting sheets, but I don't remember them being as perfectly useless as these. I picked these up because I've been going minimalist purse wise this summer and a tiny pack of blotting sheets takes up less space in my wristlet than a powder compact and my skin is too oily to go without some sort of blotting product. I was hoping these sheets could allow me to leave my powder at home, but they don't do a good enough job for that. They barely pick up any oil at all. I don't notice a difference on my face, and there's no noticeable sign on the paper than any oil is being absorbed either.

I'm also annoyed by how difficult it is to remove a single sheet of paper from the packaging. The papers are so thin that trying to pick up one usually means picking up three, and it's tricky to put the rest back without crumpling them up. I wish there was tape on inside of the cover to pull the sheets out like Clean & Clear has.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Josienicole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are awesome. They take care of oil on my face. I need to use a few sheets each time, but so what? Totally worth it for a buck!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by sarahrose53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like these blotting sheets a lot. They do the job, and I like that you can flip them over and use both sides. They definitely absorb oil and shine and mattify my skin. They claim to minimize pores and mask facial imperfections, and I don't notice either of those things happening. Otherwise, they do what I want them to do, which is mattify my skin, so I'm happy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I think these Oil Blotting Sheets are ordinary. They work, but just barely. I don't think they're as good as they could be. To be fair, I do have oilier skin than most & I know I shouldn't expect magic from $1 oil-control products. The packaging is a little cardboard "envelope" & it contains 50 sheets. It's thin & maybe 3 inches long, so it's easy to carry around. The oil blotting sheets do absorb oil, but like I said, barely. I don't see any pore minimization & these don't make my skin matte. It takes some of the oil off, but not nearly enough. Also, if you have makeup on & decide to blot with these, it'll take some of it off, so be careful if you're wearing foundation. I wanted to like this tool, but it just doesn't work on my very oily skin. Since it's only $1, I'd buy it if you only have an oily t-zone, but if you have oily skin all over or if your skin is extremely oily like mine, I'd skip this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OMG! I have always blotted with one ply of tissue paper, but when I tried these today on my t-zone, I was surprised with how fast these took to do the job. Once you place them on your face, they stick and absorb all the excess oil in seconds! Of course, if you have oily skin, you will have to use three sheets to cover your whole face, but these are great to take out with you if you needed to reapply your powder during a night out, so you use these first then the powder to get a fresh makeup face again. Worth the money and do the job very well!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover1018

You do get your moneys worth! its only a buck! it does reduce shine but it does not last. but for the price it is good.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

My face is very oily and these shine erasers do take away a lot of oil but I do not like how it takes the color of my makeup off and I only blott I don't like that! But hey they are good for being only $1

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Zemdawn

I love these sheets they don't matte your skin too much and the makeup never comes off. Although I find that I use more Than other brands it's only a 1$ anyways so can't complain. These are my HG oil blotting sheets I hope they never discontinue. Seriously buy these I love them ! The packaging sucks though but I don't care lol

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by neeeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This blotting sheet is ehhhh. Honestly, I don't really use blotting sheets too much since I use powder and my skin isn't too oily except for the summer. And okay, I know this sounds kinda weird (but I learned this trick from one of my MUA friends) but toilet seat covers actually do the same job as most sheets..for me at least. The tip I learned from her is to use the right products for your skin type, eat right, and stay hydrated to reduce oil production. It usually works for me!