September 1, 2014 | 1929 users online

Lip Treatments - Korres - Lip Butter -Quince

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by pokette

I've tried a lot of lip balms because my lips are often dry even in a humid, tropical weather. This lip butter kept my lips well-moisturized with a hint of color. (it does not go on the lips as dark as it looks in the pot) My main grouse is the packaging. The tub is so inconvenient and unhygienic if you use your fingers to apply the lip butter.

Considering the price (expensive) and the inconvenient packaging, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This product is very emollient and feels silky on my lips. It smells a bit fruity and the color is not actually neon as it appears in the tub. It comes off as a soft rose pink on the lips. Although I really like this product, I do not like the ingredients list, so this will be my first and last pot of this product.

Ingredients: Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Polyethylene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tocopherol, Flavor (Aroma), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Chaenomeles Japonica Seed Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7 Lake, Iron Oxides.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has lasted me for so long. I always keep it right on my work monitor so I can apply it during the day. It has a perfect faint pinky color that just gives my lips the right look. The consistency is perfect, and all you need is a small bit. It instantly hydrates my lips when dry, smells OK and it's not sticky at all. Love this stuff, I'm actually excited to finish it so I can try another color!

The one draw back, I wish they came with the option of a squeeze tube because I hate sticking my finger into the little pot.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by arieeel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just about the creamiest thing I have ever put on my lips, and I have tried a LOT of balms. I'd initially bought the Mandarin Lip Butter sticks, but read the rave reviews on this and the next time I passed by a Korres shop I bought it.

I wasn't expecting much, but the butter sank right in and moisturized my lips. It's a very pretty pink that's bright and healthy but not in-your-face loud, and shows up as a sheer sheen on my pigmented lips. It's a bit too pricey for a balm though, at SGD$21, but I got it on discount. The packaging, like the others have said, isn't the greatest, but I use a cotton bud to apply this so it doesn't get on my fingers. A great daytime lip balm, overall. For night I prefer something heavier, like Neutrogena's Lip Moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by mauveboudoir

This is my favorite lip product by far. I have dry lips and this makes it smooth and soft. The scent is fine but it's the tint that I adore - this pale rose pink. It's just terribly unhygienic to dab my finger on this one though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by jamface17

My skin tone is light medium with yellow undertones. If I'm not wearing foundation, my skin can look slightly dull and sallow. Even though my lips are quite red naturally, I love putting this lip butter on as a bit of a tint. I find that by putting this on my no-makeup face, it somehow makes me look fresher and like I've put some effort in.

The colour in the pot looks quite pink but once applied, it just makes my lips slightly pinker in colour. Since it's a lip butter, it doesn't last very long if I'm going out and eating, etc. However, if I'm not doing much and just going to uni for a few hours, I apply it in the morning and some colour still remains on my lips when I come home. The smell is also a bit sweet and tart, if that makes sense! I actually really like the smell.

The packaging, though I think it looks nice and clean, isn't very practical. The pot means I have to use my fingers to apply this which I'm not too keen on especially when I'm out and about. So usually I just don't reapply during the day. It makes my lips feel nice and smooth so the texture gets a thumbs up, it's not greasy or sticky.

I got it a while ago so I can't remember how much I paid for it but it now costs $18.95 AUD. There are probably cheaper lip butters/tints out there but I really do like this product. Though I wouldn't be in a rush to repurchase it after I finish, I'd definitely consider it : ).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the color and smell of the Korres quince lip butter. I'm pretty fair and the color is just right on me - very natural and not too bright. The formula is really creamy and hydrating and goes well over drying lipsticks. However, I don't exactly love the packaging - the whole dipping my finger in repeatedly thing kinda skeeves me out. I'd rebuy this for sure, but I'd be even happier with different, more sanitary packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This balm is good for:
1) Lipsticks that do not moisturize lips enough
2) For chapped lips during cold months
In both cases I always apply the balm with a lip brush, never ever with my fingers. It works VERY quickly; no matter how dry my lips are, they become very well moisturized and soft just in a minute.
As for the consistency, it corresponds to its name- butter, truly feels like butter on the lips but with a delicious fragrance and a subtle pink tint that looks very much like the natural color of the lips. It gives shiny, healthy lips finish. It stays on the lips for few hours or until you drink or eat something.
As for the ingredients, most of them are just chemicals. However, it contains tocopherol (vitamin E-antioxidant) that is good. Also, there are some natural ingredients like sunflower oil, rice wax and shea butter extract, but they are almost in the end of the list. So the conclusion is- the balm is very good for immediate but temporary results. If you need to HEAL chapped lips this balm wont help you, for this purpose I personally use either Vaseline or Dr.Hauschka lip care stick, they dont work as quickly as korres lip butter but they do heal in the long run and not just cover the problem. However, I still like Korres lip butter because sometimes I need the results there and then, and this product works perfectly well for this purpose.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by asherzoby

got this when i purchased the sephora best buys of the year. I am NC 20. This when applied to my lips does leave it nicely soft and not sticky. however, it does not really have a obvious tint on my lips. also, i don't like the packaging since you got to dip your fingers into the tub to get the product out. that being said, it is a nice smooth formula, and leaves my lips nice and buttery, and it does have a nice and very light scent and taste. however, i don't believe in paying out more than 10 USD for any lip balm, the best one i still believe in is my vaseline which costs me less than 3.50 SGD. that is the bomb, and nothing comes close to that as yet, certainly not a pricey korres lip butter!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by jubejubies

I recently purchased this lip butter after endlessly searching for a good tinted lip balm. Having read reviews on Korres products, I decided to give it a try and purchased it for $16 (18 with tax) at Sephora. The price did seem steep for me as it's $12 in the States and way cheaper everywhere else it seems but in Canada, nevertheless I have to say that I do like it. It is creamy and moisturizing, and helps to make my lips look very soft. My only con is with the Quince colour/shade. I have medium coloured lips and the bright pink colour just doesn't pick up on my lips at all. I get a slight hint of pink on my lips but it otherwise just makes my lips look shiny and moisturized. The smell is amazing though! I'm definitely going to try another colour next, preferably wild rose or plum.