September 19, 2014 | 1034 users online

Eye Shadow - Sonia Kashuk - Eye Shadow Quad - Smoke in Your Eyes

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

If you are looking for the smokey eye look- then keep on moving bc unless you're extremely fair- the colors are not intense enough for any extreme smoldering smokey eye. however, since i am olive complexioned, this was perfect for everyday shadow. i believe in bobbi brown's philosophy that eyeshadows should impart just a shadow on eyes and wearing anything glittery/shimmery/sparkly only draws attention to your eyelid- which is ok for a night out on the town but not an everyday natural look. these colors are soft and blendable and very natural looking, giving my eyes enough depth to be noticeable but not so eye catching that everyone knows im wearing eyeshadow. they come off as matte but if you look at the cakes, theres very very subtle shimmer. color pigmentation is not great but still great natural looking quad

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 7:37:00 AM More reviews by hodetovervannet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is the only kit you need to create a smokey eye. The colors are not sparkly so they're very natural. Love the darker color at top left and the ivory on the right the most. So hard to find non-sparkly eyeshadow now days.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by TIA1127

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had never had the opportunity to try Sonia Kashuk makeup. So I was excited. This was a disappointment! The colors are not pigmented at all nor are they very soft. They apply sheer and must be built up to get any intensity. I loved the look of all the colors in the pallet but beyond that it is not a very good pallet. Over all this gets 3 lippies becuase it is a usable pallet but just barely. I think the price is way too much for such poor quality makeup. The packaging is typical but not anything special. I will not buy this pallet again and will be very cautious in purchasing any other Sonia Kashuk eye shadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by ichig021

Overall, I would say this product is just okay. The colors initially look dark but once you blend it out, it becomes extremely light and you can't even tell it's there. On days when I want a very natural, smokey look I find myself reaching for this product but most of the times, it sits in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by MaggieN

I really like this shadow, the color is really pigmented and it last pretty long compares to most drugstore eye shadows. I used the two darker colors to fill in my eyebrows, and it's great and it looks natural - there is no redish tint like some other eyebrow colors, and the eyebrows colors actually is still there at the end of the day, I guess I don't really need to buy brow powder unless I want to try something else new. I haven't really try it for eyeshadow yet except for the lightest shade, I use it under my brow. This is the first sonia kashuk eyeshadow that I've bought, considering the quality, I might want to go look for other colors to try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by glitternglitzy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far I've been very impressed by Sonia Kashuk's products but sadly this one missed the mark for me for two of the shadows in the kit. The bottom two brown/taupe colors are not pigmented and I cannot get them to show up very well on my eyes. I've even tried to wet them and that doesn't work either. The top two colors (the charcoal and the ivory) are pigmented and soft but the other two are hard and non-pigmented. So, if you're wanting charcoal and ivory then it's a good kit but I bought it to use them all. I would not repurchase this kit as when you buy a kit you want to be able to use all of the colors you originally thought you'd want to use. I believe it was about $8 or so at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by BellaRamaglia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this product! Until I found this quad, the "smoky eye" look was always such a challenge for me. These colors work perfectly together to create gorgeous smoky eyes, as simple or dramatic as you dare to go! They have quite qood staying power and aren't overly pricey, as well.

The only real downsides are that I don't find the little applicators useful for a good blended look; I use a good shadow brush instead. Also, it requires a good dose of shadow to really get that deep, dark charcoal.

If your looking to get an all-in-one quad, this is a good brand to start with.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyClaire79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this almost every day, I don't always do a smokey eye, but I often wet the darkest color and use that as an eye liner along with the other colors for all over coverage, my lid and my crease. I recommend this to anyone because you can use it for very casual, natural looks or you can go dramatic, I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by pure1magination

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good way to get a smoky eye without looking like a disco ball! Totally matte & classy shades. The brown and gray actually look pretty good with brown eyes. The black can be used as a liner. This is a decent quad for less than $10
i would not use these by themselves however, as they can look a little "flat." recommended as liners only