Lancome Absolue BX foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 7.5% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclohexasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Gylcerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Petrolatum, Nylon-12, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Pentylene Glycol, Linalool, Paraffin, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Padina Pavonica Extract, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Limonene, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Dioscorea Villosa (Wild Yam) Root Extract, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Hexyldecanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Butylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Tocopherol May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide. Iron Oxides

on 11/27/2014 4:03:00 PM

This is my favorite makeup! Having said that, though, I think the reason may be mainly the color. Absolue Pearl 140 matches my skin so very well! I don't think another foundation has ever been such a good match for me.
Oddly, when I bought an extra bottle (I actually did that!) it later proved to be Absolue Pearl 130. Still not a bad match on me.
This covers rosacea, is comfortable to wear, and looks absolutely natural on me.

on 8/25/2014 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I received a very generous sample of this from Nordstrom when I was buying the new Grandiose Mascara. Since I love trying different foundations, I thought I would ask the Lancome salesperson for a recommendation for one of theirs. Background: I am 43, NC15, with dry, sensitive, rosacean skin. I am always looking for that perfect foundation - you know the one: luminous, skin-like, satin finish, evens out my complexion, makes me look 10 years younger. This was a fail on all counts. Here's why:
- perfume: note to Lancome executives: stop putting perfume in makeup - there is no reason for it to be there. It is such a dated concept and feels very stuffy and old-ladyish.
- shade: I was matched by a sales associate to Pearl 120 (N), which was pretty close but quite warm and orangey for a supposedly neutral undertone. I have warm undertones but this wasn't golden - it was a pale peachy orange. The lightest shade is 110 and that was too pink for me so we went with 120 which was too dark.
- finish: they might call this dewy, I call it greasy. My midday, it was pooling in my pores making them appear to be craters full of oil. And I have DRY SKIN so I didn't even think this was possible.
- transfers: this never fully sets without powder and transfers onto everything
- staying power: had oxidized and separated by end of day -- looked absolutely hideous

As you can tell, this product did not work well for me and I will not be buying the full-size product.

on 5/7/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Absolue Ecru 240 NW

Now, I wouldn't call my skin "very dry" because I rarely flake. This was recommended for my skin type and, I just, I really wish it worked for me! I just finished testing it today, here are the results:

Finish:
Matte

Wear:
Settles into lines, Subtly cakey, Dries out skin horribly.

Coverage:
Medium to Full

Texture:
It's a thick fluid, not at all runny, but not as thick as Renergie Lift Makeup.

And yes I did moisturize beforehand, really dissatisfied.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to love this foundation because it was so moisturizing (and I spent a small fortune on it). But it never felt like it absorbed- and didn't look like it either. After 6 hours practically all the makeup would melt off my face and it also seemed to get on my clothes and phone even if i used a primer and/or setting powder.

It didn't help or hurt my acne put my pores looked like potholes.

The texture was nice and smooth but the finish has a sheen and almost a glitter (only noticeable in a magnified mirror). The colour was also too pinky/orange for me.

Might work well for very dry, mature, acne free skin with pink undertones!

on 1/10/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i really like this foundation. It is expensive but i love everything about it but the price. the one with the pump( ABSOLUE BX MAKEUP) is for oily skin and the one in the jar( ABSOLUE MAKEUP) is for dry skin. I don't know why both are suggested for dry skin. this foundation has great coverage, match me perfectly and last all day with my powdery sunscreen as primer..

on 3/26/2013 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this makeup, it was between this and Renergie, the makeup artist suggested this one. I am extremely disappointed! It has no staying power, it's as if it just melts into your face! I made a mistake in not asking for a sample before buying!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I don't think this foundation is for everyone, but it is so good for me and I don't know why it isn't more popular (um, could be the heavy price tag). It makes my skin look amazing, the color is perfect, and if I use a primer and powder it stays on all day. It's labeled for mature women, and I'm turning 40 this year, but I think it's really for drier skin types. It's definitely worth a shot if you're on the drier side.

on 1/13/2013 3:58:00 PM

I actually used this product for over a year. It goes on well, and looks pretty, but it fades after 4 hours. I am just looking for something that wears better.

on 12/9/2012 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For starters, I only got a sample of the Lancome Absolue BX Foundation in the color Ecru. I did see the bottle as the lady was applying it, and it was a pump, which I prefer.
I believe it is in the $ 30.00 to $40.00 range.

I am looking for a foundation that is full coverage and is for mature dry skin. The lady told me it was full coverage. I beg to differ. I put it on and on, and it was not covering like I had hoped. It was very hydrating, but did feel a bit slick. IMO it is medium coverage.

It also made me look bit ashy after wearing it for awhile as well. For that price, I would not purchase.

on 5/11/2012 1:49:00 AM

I've been using my bottle of this for a long time and it's satisfactory. However, it turns so greasy after an hour or two. And even though I have the lightest color, it's still a tad dark on me and it oxidizes into a beige color after a while.

I'm going to get the Teint Miracle one next and hope it's more matte. And hopefully, the lightest shade is light enough for me. It's so hard to find foundation and concealers for pale skin.