July 24, 2014 | 1231 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Absolue BX foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Oui

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolue Ecru 240 NW

Now, I wouldn't call my skin "very dry" because I rarely flake. This was recommended for my skin type and, I just, I really wish it worked for me! I just finished testing it today, here are the results:

Finish:
Matte

Wear:
Settles into lines, Subtly cakey, Dries out skin horribly.

Coverage:
Medium to Full

Texture:
It's a thick fluid, not at all runny, but not as thick as Renergie Lift Makeup.

And yes I did moisturize beforehand, really dissatisfied.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this foundation because it was so moisturizing (and I spent a small fortune on it). But it never felt like it absorbed- and didn't look like it either. After 6 hours practically all the makeup would melt off my face and it also seemed to get on my clothes and phone even if i used a primer and/or setting powder.

It didn't help or hurt my acne put my pores looked like potholes.

The texture was nice and smooth but the finish has a sheen and almost a glitter (only noticeable in a magnified mirror). The colour was also too pinky/orange for me.

Might work well for very dry, mature, acne free skin with pink undertones!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by cruz111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i really like this foundation. It is expensive but i love everything about it but the price. the one with the pump( ABSOLUE BX MAKEUP) is for oily skin and the one in the jar( ABSOLUE MAKEUP) is for dry skin. I don't know why both are suggested for dry skin. this foundation has great coverage, match me perfectly and last all day with my powdery sunscreen as primer..

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by aew1927

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this makeup, it was between this and Renergie, the makeup artist suggested this one. I am extremely disappointed! It has no staying power, it's as if it just melts into your face! I made a mistake in not asking for a sample before buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by butterflylcsw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't think this foundation is for everyone, but it is so good for me and I don't know why it isn't more popular (um, could be the heavy price tag). It makes my skin look amazing, the color is perfect, and if I use a primer and powder it stays on all day. It's labeled for mature women, and I'm turning 40 this year, but I think it's really for drier skin types. It's definitely worth a shot if you're on the drier side.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by doofus7734

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually used this product for over a year. It goes on well, and looks pretty, but it fades after 4 hours. I am just looking for something that wears better.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by saddle57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For starters, I only got a sample of the Lancome Absolue BX Foundation in the color Ecru. I did see the bottle as the lady was applying it, and it was a pump, which I prefer.
I believe it is in the $ 30.00 to $40.00 range.

I am looking for a foundation that is full coverage and is for mature dry skin. The lady told me it was full coverage. I beg to differ. I put it on and on, and it was not covering like I had hoped. It was very hydrating, but did feel a bit slick. IMO it is medium coverage.

It also made me look bit ashy after wearing it for awhile as well. For that price, I would not purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by hyim521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using my bottle of this for a long time and it's satisfactory. However, it turns so greasy after an hour or two. And even though I have the lightest color, it's still a tad dark on me and it oxidizes into a beige color after a while.

I'm going to get the Teint Miracle one next and hope it's more matte. And hopefully, the lightest shade is light enough for me. It's so hard to find foundation and concealers for pale skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by janis100

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

am using Pearl 140(N) and find it a perfect match. does not sink into pores or creases and just checked in mirror after 6 hours. all still there along with Clair 2 concealer. am amazed right now because i seem to be turning into a lancome girl. every other day use Cream Douceur for cleansing - the other days being water with a tissue. no redness or rash issues. thank goodness for samples or would never have bought any of these products. my darphin tangerine or orange oil is a must underneath and that sinks right in. happy with Black Ice eyeliner which is not black and will review that separately.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Loielea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best foundation I have used in years! I had laser resurfacing on my face 5 years ago and had a bit of pigmentation change at my jawline and have had a really difficult time finding a foundation that was shear but covered well and this one works! There are a number of shades to choose from and I found one that absolutely blends the pigmentation problem into the rest of my skin and looks purely natural. I've checked it in every kind of light and it is perfect. At the department store counter the Lancome rep gave me two samples....one a tiny bit darker than the other as the lighting in the store hardly ever is accurate. My skin is thin and fair to neutral with few fine lines and this product does not settle into that line between my eyebrows! Super! A little goes a long way too.